No announcement yet.

Xerri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Gus wanted to get rid of Jenko and they paid a bit of his wage in his first year here.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

We are down a few pegs without him.
      Absolutely. This is why we must get a decent replacement.

I remember Robbo saying "we are the Roosters...we will carry on..." when RTS signed with the Warriors.

2016 was a disaster, admittedly not only because of his departure but it certainly played a part. Gordon was a handy fill in during 2017/18 but we lacked that edge.

I can sense the same issue with Latrell gone and Smith out for the season.

Josh Morris would be a perfect one year signing. Surely the Sharks need to free up some cap space.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by kruT View Post

They would drive each other more than most would understand?
        Agreed. I mentioned in an earlier post that there would be some synergy there. A positive energy that we could benefit from.
        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Do you think the Roosters would ever try to entice players from other clubs to break their contract?
          I am not naive enough to think that we haven't, but I doubt that we would have done it the same way as this Latrell saga was handled. When I refer to Souths doing it, I am referring to Latrell's managers and hangers on as well, who are one way or another all connected to that club. The whole thing had a bad smell to it from the early part of last season. We just were not aware to what extent and level of detail until much later on.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Yes. I believe we need an established back purchase to help our 2020 season.
            We are so thin on the ground.
            Get doughie or Jmoz asap.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
              I thought Gus wanted to get rid of Jenko and they paid a bit of his wage in his first year here.
              Yep, they moved him on and we jumped in and took him off their hands. Pretty sure he was on a massively back ended deal at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Yep, they moved him on and we jumped in and took him off their hands. Pretty sure he was on a massively back ended deal at the time
                Way to go, Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  Michael Jennings ring a bell? I bet you didn't have a problem when he scored in the GF.

Of course we would. The Roosters are successful because they treat the sport as a business. If good business means negotiating the release of a player with another club then they will do it.
                  Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post

I am not naive enough to think that we haven't, but I doubt that we would have done it the same way as this Latrell saga was handled. When I refer to Souths doing it, I am referring to Latrell's managers and hangers on as well, who are one way or another all connected to that club. The whole thing had a bad smell to it from the early part of last season. We just were not aware to what extent and level of detail until much later on.
                  So whats good for the goose is good for the gander. So no one should complain when it happens to the Roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Way to go, Gus.
                    He actually thanked Gus when he was introduced to the crowd back at the club after the GF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

So whats good for the goose is good for the gander. So no one should complain when it happens to the Roosters.
                      Aren’t you getting sick of defending Souths

Comment

• Originally posted by OMR View Post
                        Aren’t you getting sick of defending Souths
                        He sounds more like a Bunnies supporter than a Chook nowadays

Comment

• Can someone get in cherry ripes ear to jump ship now!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

He actually thanked Gus when he was introduced to the crowd back at the club after the GF
                            He thanked Penrith not Gus.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

He sounds more like a Bunnies supporter than a Chook nowadays
                              Been saying this for a long time. He’s either a closet bunnies fan or just trolling. Either way, just stirring the pot.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                                Absolutely. This is why we must get a decent replacement.

I remember Robbo saying "we are the Roosters...we will carry on..." when RTS signed with the Warriors.

2016 was a disaster, admittedly not only because of his departure but it certainly played a part. Gordon was a handy fill in during 2017/18 but we lacked that edge.

I can sense the same issue with Latrell gone and Smith out for the season.

Josh Morris would be a perfect one year signing. Surely the Sharks need to free up some cap space.
                                We may not have the dough to get anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X