• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad news. Before my time but a legend of our club. RIP

Comment

rip mark harris

Comment

That’s terrible news. He will always be remembered by me as a kid as the hard running giant of a centre.

Comment

Sad news
          Rest in Peace Mark Harris

Comment

Shocked to hear that the big man has passed away.
            Unstoppable on the field.
            With John Brass, the greatest Roosters centre combination that ever was.

Comment

Well before my time very sad RIP.

Comment

Mark Harris, Roosters legend. Well done!

Comment

He was a sight to see thats for sure, May he RIP.

Comment

Great player, great bloke. Most distinguishable nose in the game !
                    I think was mentioned above, but one game he played against the dragons at the SCG was the most destructible performance by a played ever .... he absolutely single handedly destroyed the dragons that day with his power running, this was after a string of very average performances ....so when the journos asked him after that game what happened ...he replied he had been on a health kick for the previous month, but this week went back on the smokes ! he really was smoking that day. RIP Big Mark !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                      Great player, great bloke. Most distinguishable nose in the game !
                      I think was mentioned above, but one game he played against the dragons at the SCG was the most destructible performance by a played ever .... he absolutely single handedly destroyed the dragons that day with his power running, this was after a string of very average performances ....so when the journos asked him after that game what happened ...he replied he had been on a health kick for the previous month, but this week went back on the smokes ! he really was smoking that day. RIP Big Mark !
                      I remember that game! I seem to recall him scoring one try from a kickoff, knocking over the defenders in front of him like ten pins.

Comment

RIP Mark Harris true Roosters Legend

Comment

Rest In Peace Mark Harris. Trailblazer and true gentleman.
                          As a kid, Mark was one of the reasons I fell in love with the Roosters; to me he was bigger than Superman.
                          Sincere condolences to the Harris family.

Comment

Great player back in the mid 70's. There's a Youtube clip of the '75 team showing a heap of their tries and he figures very prominently throughout. RIP

Comment

Yep, Mark was one of those magical memories for me as a kid and it seemed there was nothing he couldn't do on his day. As mentioned above, the 74 GF winning try was classic Harris, using his pace and brute strength to brush off defenders - I vividly recall Bill Mullins embracing him while he was still on the turf after scoring it. Another vivid memory was him taking the field after the 75 GF victory (he had broken his leg earlier that season - can't remember exactly when) and waving with his crutches to the crowd - the ovation was loud.

The original oversized, overpaced centre three quarter. And I never once saw one ounce of bad sportsmanship in his game.

Will be greatly missed and cherished.

Comment

He got to see us go back to back. RIP brother.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                                X