• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

The salary cap can 100% change.

1 example of a possible outcome would be;

Assuming Latrell is on 550k

- We have paid him 3 months already so that's a cost of ~135k.
    - We have to replace his spot in the squad so imagining we do that with a minimum salary promotion such as Kepoa that will cost us 105k

That leaves us with roughly 310k.

So imagine we go to someone like Nat Butcher with a new 3year deal. 900k over 3 years. 2021-2024.

But instead of paying him 300k a year we will pay him 300k of that 900k this year and then 200k as his salary for the next 3 years.

Meaning in 2024 we are still getting a 100k discount on Nat Butcher because 4 years prior we made a smart operational decision to let Latrell Mitchell go.
    Keep up R6, Latrell is on $700k for this year. What have you been living under a rock for 2 weeks or something?

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I love that the Titans aren’t letting Arrow go,
      Lol@Latrell might end up playing in the pigs!

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
        We should of done the same.

Comment

It seems a strange business decision to let a gun player go to a rival that have made the top 4 in the last two seasons. History suggests that you have to be in the top 4 to win it and latrell will only strengthen their line up.
          Some of the more perceptive ones on here were suggesting that he was going to Souths all along , I think we should have done what the titans have done and made him play out his contract rather than help the bunnies.
          It will be interesting to see if Bennett can get the best out of him especially at fullback. Whilst he's an athletic freak and will be a handful chiming in the backline particularly on the left side of the field. He does have a few deficiencies in his game which I'm sure other teams will exploit.
          Everyone will kick to the far right corner so he can't use his big right fend on kick returns .
          He handled this whole contract saga poorly and milked us for what he could before he left which was poor form. Extract what we can off Souths they played us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

As if a player of Latrells talent would play 2nd grade & as if the Roosters would want a media circus following Latrell around playing 2nd grade for a year. Souths are the right fit for him because his idol is Cody Walker who I think will kill it with Latrell playing at Souths. The Roosters could have made him stay but they/Nick don’t want him anywhere near the joint & said they will chip in towards his contract to get rid of him.
            Maybe so, but it's still a very bad idea if we want to win this year.
            Giving him to Souths is a 'crazy' idea...if we want to win.
            They'll run all over us...Latrell, Walker, Murray, Burns, Roberts.
            9-3 penalty counts in their favour...they'll run riot.

Next year we have no control over.
            This year we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
              It seems a strange business decision to let a gun player go to a rival that have made the top 4 in the last two seasons. History suggests that you have to be in the top 4 to win it and latrell will only strengthen their line up.
              Some of the more perceptive ones on here were suggesting that he was going to Souths all along , I think we should have done what the titans have done and made him play out his contract rather than help the bunnies.
              It will be interesting to see if Bennett can get the best out of him especially at fullback. Whilst he's an athletic freak and will be a handful chiming in the backline particularly on the left side of the field. He does have a few deficiencies in his game which I'm sure other teams will exploit.
              Everyone will kick to the far right corner so he can't use his big right fend on kick returns .
              He handled this whole contract saga poorly and milked us for what he could before he left which was poor form. Extract what we can off Souths they played us.
              Top 2 is better, almost needed to win.
              Home finals, week off.
              High spiralling bombs into the darkness, lights, and sun every set of 6, skidders around his feet/knees...deft grubbers into the in-goal, banana kicks...smash him [legally of course] every time he runs the ball out...his full back career will be very short.
              Last edited by bondi.boy; 01-10-2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                Well he has been bulking up in the off-season... The KFC diet has worked wonders!

Comment

https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/...dded-semi-loss

Des Hasler claims Manly "dudded" in semi loss

20 Sep, 2019

Des Hasler has sensationally declared Manly were "dudded" in their semi final loss to South Sydney,

"Do I think we were dudded? Yep, we've been dudded.

Hasler also queried the game's 9-3 penalty count against his side,

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

We should of done the same.
                    We might yet do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Maybe so, but it's still a very bad idea if we want to win this year.
                      Giving him to Souths is a 'crazy' idea...if we want to win.
                      They'll run all over us...Latrell, Walker, Murray, Burns, Roberts.
                      9-3 penalty counts in their favour...they'll run riot.

Next year we have no control over.
                      This year we do.

I don’t think the Vermin have a very good forward pack so it doesn’t matter how lethal their backline is, I predict they will struggle this season

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

We might yet do the same.
                        Latrell has posted his thanks and moving onto another chapter, on social media already.

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post

I don’t think the Vermin have a very good forward pack so it doesn’t matter how lethal their backline is, I predict they will struggle this season
                          Exactly

Forwards win matches.
                          Backs get the glory.

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post

In yesterdays paper Paul Crawley ranked all the clubs forward packs. The Roosters were No 1 & rightly so then Raiders, Storm, Broncos, Souths, Manly, Eels & Dragons rounded out his top 8.
                            Injuries play the biggest part in how your forwards will dominate other teams or not. If the Chooks lost JWH for the season & Boyd Cordner for a long period it would bring them back to the field. A forward pack like the Dragons is pretty good on paper but they can never get the job done, is that the coaches fault?
                            I agree with you about Souths forwards to a degree but like him or hate him Bennett gets blokes to play tough, so does Robbo. The retirement of big Big Sammy boy & George moving on has really put a hole in their pack but others may step up. I think the Bulldogs are going to be the surprise package this year, not saying they are going to win the comp but I think they will make the 8 because I think their forward pack will play tough & grind out wins. .

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post

Well he has been bulking up in the off-season... The KFC diet has worked wonders!
                              They have a plethora of backs. Would be funny. Lol@Latrell

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                                It seems a strange business decision to let a gun player go to a rival that have made the top 4 in the last two seasons.
                                Does seem weird, unless there's something we dont know. Injury, personality wtf. Nah I think the club knows what its doing.
                                But LM seems like a dope because he's only signing a 1 year with Souths at a discount. They dont like him then they can piss him off next year.

The rocket scientist super genius advisers he's got should have steered him Wests way. Greed old son does you in every time.

If he runs on the pitch in crappy shit ugly red and green no hate bro. But will shake my skull and think you poor sod what could have been, but your choice dude, as the Mighty Chooks go from success to success.

Comment

Working...
                                X