Announcement

Collapse

Browse Ad-Free in Season 2020!

Support TheChookpen with a Premium Subscription and browse the forum AD-FREE. Click this link to purchase a subscription for the 2020 season! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Club Statement On Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds about right. No doubt market value appraisals and a transparent contract for Latrell are minor, trivial matters to be nutted out between Todd and Richo behind closed doors.

Comment

Roll out the banner

LOL@Latrell
      Once you’ve had fat, you’ll never turn back

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
        On 7 sport tonight Jim Wilson said Latrell is expected to be training with Souths from next Monday.
        It will hurt for a while but like Uncle Nick said “What kind of culture are we trying to build if we keep negotiating with someone who goes back on their word?”
        Latrell will fit in at Souths. No integrity, honestly or soul.
        When did he say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          Anyway if Souffs line up like this for rnd 1...

1. Latrell
          2. Graham
          3. Burns
          4. Douehi
          5. Gagai
          6. Walker
          7. Reynolds
          8. Arrow
          9. Cook
          10. Knight
          11. Sua
          12. Lowe
          13. Murray

14. Tom Burgess
          15. Tatola
          On paper theres nothing outstanding about that forward pack besides Cam Murray.....without him Damien Cook will struggle too

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

When did he say that?
            I read it on here. The “Rumour” thread. A post on page 8 by “can’tkeepagoodcoqdown” reckons Uncle Nick said it because he had a handshake deal with Latrell and then at the meeting with Trent, Latrell tells him he wants to test the market. Then Nick pulled the offer.
            Sounds very plausible considering the type of man Nick is.

Comment

1. Latrell
              2. Graham
              3. Burns
              4. Douehi
              5. Gagai
              6. Walker
              7. Reynolds
              8. Arrow
              9. Cook
              10. Knight
              11. Sua
              12. Lowe
              13. Murray

14. Tom Burgess
              15. Tatola

Then they probably shape up as our biggest threats for the title. Vomit.

I honestly wish I was in the "oh by gee, good luck Latrell! Why rnd 3 will be a smashing contest and win, lose or draw I just hope the boys put on a rollicking show!" camp; because as it is I'm literally frothing at the thought of that low down filthy snake lining up for that cesspit of a club.

I hope he fails spectacularly, proving to be an obese embarrassment at fullback and Souffs have a humiliating failure of a season.
              You forgot the Jet.
              Originally posted by Chook;n805564
              Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

You forgot the Jet.
                Ah yes, Douehi to the bench.

Their backline will score a thousand points but leak even more.

I hope Latrell stays too fat for fullback and plays centre so he defends next to his mentor, Cody Walker.

They were a defensive dream in Origin!

Manu and Crichton to score 4 tries between them down that flank.

But seriously, anyone looking at that line up and not viewing them as a Premiership threat is kidding themselves.

Comment

Ah yes, Douehi to the bench.

Their backline will score a thousand points but leak even more.

I hope Latrell stays too fat for fullback and plays centre so he defends next to his mentor, Cody Walker.

They were a defensive dream in Origin!

Manu and Crichton to score 4 tries between them down that flank.

But seriously, anyone looking at that line up and not viewing them as a Premiership threat is kidding themselves.
                  Are you allowed to say that on here?
                  Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                  Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Who cares what Souths team looks like. Concentrate on your own footy team.

Comment

Fark Latrel...

As they apparently say in showbiz, BREAK A LEG.

Comment

1. Latrell
                        2. Graham
                        3. Burns
                        4. Douehi
                        5. Gagai
                        6. Walker
                        7. Reynolds
                        8. Arrow
                        9. Cook
                        10. Knight
                        11. Sua
                        12. Lowe
                        13. Murray

14. Tom Burgess
                        15. Tatola

Then they probably shape up as our biggest threats for the title. Vomit.

I honestly wish I was in the "oh by gee, good luck Latrell! Why rnd 3 will be a smashing contest and win, lose or draw I just hope the boys put on a rollicking show!" camp; because as it is I'm literally frothing at the thought of that low down filthy snake lining up for that cesspit of a club.

I hope he fails spectacularly, proving to be an obese embarrassment at fullback and Souffs have a humiliating failure of a season.
                        Is Sportsbet or another bookies giving odds on how long Bennett will keep Latrell at number 1? Considering he’s been doing everything but getting fit to be a fullback, how long until the knives start coming out? They will really be very brave to keep him there for round 3. Bring it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          Who cares what Souths team looks like. Concentrate on your own footy team.
                          But but there’s not much news on league around maaate!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

That was the one big issue with Latrell being the world's greatest player. With Teddy in our team he is not even the best player in our backline. He has zero chance of ever being half the fullback that Teddy is.
                            Depends how they use him IMO.

He'll get more space, broken play, kick returns and 1-on-1 hit-ups. As much as I hate them, Souffs lay a good platform with their forwards and then put their more mobile players through gaping holes down the middle of the park. Look at the holes guys like Cook and Walker are given then think of Latrell charging through them. If anything his game might improve if Wayne simplifies his requirements (e.g. less defence/reading) and gives him a bit more freedom in attack.

I prefer Teddy's defence, team skills, reading and consistency. Also, I reckon that time at the Tigpies taught him a lot about playing footy. He's THE complete fullback. Latrell's your secret weapon though. With the right tactics I reckon he could become the game's most devastating FB (as opposed to the smartest or most complete). Let's be frank his strengths are attack, offloads/flicks and long-range kicks. Souffs teams at their best run straight through the middle of you... he'll do that for sure. You can hate him all you like, he's never gonna be a shyte player.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He'll get more space, broken play, kick returns and 1-on-1 hit-ups. As much as I hate them, Souffs lay a good platform with their forwards and then put their more mobile players through gaping holes down the middle of the park. Look at the holes guys like Cook and Walker are given then think of Latrell charging through them. If anything his game might improve if Wayne simplifies his requirements (e.g. less defence/reading) and gives him a bit more freedom in attack.

I prefer Teddy's defence, team skills, reading and consistency. Also, I reckon that time at the Tigpies taught him a lot about playing footy. He's THE complete fullback. Latrell's your secret weapon though. With the right tactics I reckon he could become the game's most devastating FB (as opposed to the smartest or most complete). Let's be frank his strengths are attack, offloads/flicks and long-range kicks. Souffs teams at their best run straight through the middle of you... he'll do that for sure. You can hate him all you like, he's never gonna be a shyte player.
                              Good points you make Ism . It is going to suck seeing him run around reeking havoc in the red and green, and he will ! My thoughts , the Roosters made Latrell a great player , not Latrell made the Roosters a great team . No 'I' in team . He didn't fire in Origin outside his mate Cody Walker or even playing for Australia nothing outstanding .. He needed the Roosters more than we needed him, unfortunately he is gone and that is a real shame . ( no Keary at Souffs mate )

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Latrell has the makings of a great attacking fb , but I cant ever see him.being even an average defensive fb

Comment

Working...
                                X