No announcement yet.

The Latrell Mitchell Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the problems about censoring Latrell's NRL interview is that you can't read what he actually said, which was more mixed about whether he was dropped because he didn't sing the anthem. While riffing on the issue he also said 'I'm not going to call people racist when they're not'. For the media to then talk about 'explosive racist allegations' is almost like they wanted the censorship because it gave them a license to put words into Latrell's mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2013PREMIERS View Post
      Bringing it back to Latrell, I saw a really good analogy for the situation but can't remember where I saw it (could've been on here.) Him saying that informing Robbo he was testing himself on the open market and then feeling hard done by when he heard our offer had been withdrawn is similar to telling your girlfriend you'll be downloading tinder just to see what you can pull and then feeling ripped off when she dumps you. You're either committed (Joey, JWH, SST) or you're not (Latrell)
      Spot on. 100%. Problem is Latrell just doesn’t get it. He can’t see any issue in what he has done.

Comment

• Self-serving grist for the mill was all that interview was. You'd get more honesty from the outtakes.

Chook.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Spot on. 100%. Problem is Latrell just doesn’t get it. He can’t see any issue in what he has done.
          Ther's also no plan to what he is doing. Just shooting from the hip.

The more I have thought about this interview the more I haven't liked it.

He insulted our club with that kick in the teeth crap.

He's gone.

Comment

• He is now too high maintenance and no longer has the “team first” mentality ... gonesky!

Comment

• Interesting to see that Mal has backed off after that interview. I’d say just about every other club would have second thoughts too.
              Latrell comes across as a guy who likes to play footy but it’s not his first love, no where near it. It wouldn’t matter if it was Easts or any other club, he will probably never be committed 100%.
              The Roosters were ok with him not giving 100% every game and were prepared to still offer him a huge contract extension because we have other stars to make up for it. That’s now changed because he didn’t appreciate that fact. Other clubs looking to sign him should be very wary after that interview because he makes it clear his motives are solely monetary and he actually does want to be at the Roosters.

Comment

• Shane "Fat Richo" Richardson has for the second time stated Souths are not in the hunt for Lattrell. Is he lying?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                  Shane "Fat Richo" Richardson has for the second time stated Souths are not in the hunt for Lattrell. Is he lying?
                  But he is the sort of fat turd that would say he didn't eat the last cookie from the cookie jar. Yet the crumbs are all over his fat guts.

Comment

Shane "Fat Richo" Richardson has for the second time stated Souths are not in the hunt for Lattrell. Is he lying?
                    I think a lot depends on if they resign Cody Walker. If they don’t, then they might move Doueihi to 5/8 and then space and money opens up for Latrell at fullback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

Yeah, we should be FORCED to sing how young and FREE we are.

Do u see a problem with this?

My idea of Nationalism has free choice in it. Sounds like you support communism or something like it.

If someone don't want to sing it then that should be their FREE choice. It's not like burning flags, changing dates or any other hate motivated issue.

My biggest issue with Latrel is his greed and him using the racist card. Don't give a hoot if he sings or not.
                      It's not that he won't sing that bothers me. Maybe I was unclear with this. The fact that he attempts to make a political statement by not singing (and stating that he won't be singing) bothers me.

Comment

The same as how they weren't negotiating with James Roberts either. We all know how that worked out

Comment

• The grass is always greener...until you get there, and have to live it.

Comment

• For me I think if there is a gripe with Latrell from the Roosters it would be about him going off to the Bulldogs & having a secret meeting with them in week 1 of the finals this year.
                            Robbo had instilled a culture into the club where everyone was tight & they were a united team, it was one for all & all for one but then Latrell went outside of that & go's off & has a secret meeting with the Dogs.
                            It was a dog act.
                            The meeting with Robbo's was after that so when Latrell asked if he could explore his options Robbo said you can do what you like because they were over him, knowing that he had gone behind their backs & had that meeting with Canterbury.
                            The trust has been damaged.

Comment

• Sorry but for me its **** the national anthem. I'm white and I don't want to know about it. I agree Latrell's big mistake was meeting with the Bulldogs at the wrong time. Is it forgivable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                For me I think if there is a gripe with Latrell from the Roosters it would be about him going off to the Bulldogs & having a secret meeting with them in week 1 of the finals this year.
                                Robbo had instilled a culture into the club where everyone was tight & they were a united team, it was one for all & all for one but then Latrell went outside of that & go's off & has a secret meeting with the Dogs.
                                It was a dog act.
                                The meeting with Robbo's was after that so when Latrell asked if he could explore his options Robbo said you can do what you like because they were over him, knowing that he had gone behind their backs & had that meeting with Canterbury.
                                The trust has been damaged.
                                Exactly.

When you have players and staff giving their heart and soul to win b2b Premierships, only for one bloke to find the time to negotiate with another club behind your backs; well that to me is indeed unforgivable if you ask me, OMR.

It breaks the bonds of trust that have been a huge part of our foundation of success.

I'm not sure there is a way back from that, as much as I want Latrell to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X