No announcement yet.

The Latrell Mitchell Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview probably raises more questions than answers.

So he's bored at centre but realises that Teddy is the best fullback at the club, but still wants to play fullback.

I think he should of spoken to Trent or Uncle Nick before doing this interview.

The waters are still murky. So he kind of wants to stay (at least for 2020), but wants to play fullback (only option is at another club). Grow some balls and make a decision either way. Looks like he's been eating too much maccas and kfc in the off season.

Every day this circus keeps dragging on, brand Latrel is getting smashed.

Comment

I think doing the interview was a good idea. He's been the centre of attention and speculation this off season, so it was good for him to have his say. He didn't try to sugar coat things and just wanted to be honest.

Said the Roosters don't realise how important the jersey is to him, so clearly he thinks he's on the outer a bit.

The guy came to us as a boy and has become a man, so you're going to have a few teething problems. Also, he's potentially another immortal, so it's right for him to have a think about just how he fits in.

Said he wants to sit down with Nick and Robbo and have a man to man so that's good.

Comment

Its hard to work out whats going on.
        I think in his heart he would like to stay at the Roosters but with outside influences filling his head its confusing him.
        Fullback is the sticking point I think but I cant work out why he hasnt signed with the Tigers then other than he is holding out to play FB for Souths.

Comment

Well heres what we know....

The players want him to stay

Safe to say by the number of Latrell threads here the supporters want him to stay

He's honest- playing on the centres is a chore for him.......and that should really spell the end of his time at the Roosters. The club cant re-sign a player knowing he doesn't want to play in a position that they need him for.

If he is correct in saying that he was surprised about the offer being withdrawn- and theres no reason why he would lie- then you can be sure as hell it was Nicks call. You can see that Latrell is pensive about meeting up with Nick.....im not sure what Latrell is expecting? Nick wont up the offer- i get the feeling he wont even re-instate the offer.

As much as it pains me to say it but i think its time for Latrell to move on....because i get the feeling that Nick and Trent already have!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
            Deadbeat. On ya bike.
            Your a wanker ,on your bike

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
              Hearing him say “playing in the centres for three years has become a chore” and he would like a new challenge at fullback says it all for me..

If he is offered good coin and a fullback spot at another Club then I’m not sure why he’s still waiting?!?
              Wonder if alternating centre and bench would be considered a chore?
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Clearly he's a centre. He needs to realise that it is in his best interest to play in the centres. The season doesn't get easier or shorter if you play FB.

Comment

Not sure what day/date the Latrel interview was conducted, but is it just coincidence that it "appeared" a day after the Bargarse souffs salary cap exemption "press release"? ​​​​​​

The nrl media department must be loving having rugby league on the back pages with Xmas around the corner!.... Especially as it's not an alcohol or assault related black eye on the game.

Comment

I think ultimately in the end it will be us or souffs. That's one thing I'm certain about
                    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Has anybody asked teddy if he would be happy to swap with latrell into the centers so this whole thing can go away.

pretty simple solution, Teddy can bludge in the centers and prolong his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                        Well heres what we know....

The players want him to stay

Safe to say by the number of Latrell threads here the supporters want him to stay

He's honest- playing on the centres is a chore for him.......and that should really spell the end of his time at the Roosters. The club cant re-sign a player knowing he doesn't want to play in a position that they need him for.

If he is correct in saying that he was surprised about the offer being withdrawn- and theres no reason why he would lie- then you can be sure as hell it was Nicks call. You can see that Latrell is pensive about meeting up with Nick.....im not sure what Latrell is expecting? Nick wont up the offer- i get the feeling he wont even re-instate the offer.

As much as it pains me to say it but i think its time for Latrell to move on....because i get the feeling that Nick and Trent already have!
                        Do you think if he worked on his game during the off-season and got fitter he would make it as a 5/8th? With smith covering the centre role it would be a lethal backline.

1.Teddy
                        2.Toups
                        3.Smith
                        4.Manu
                        5.Morris
                        6.Mitchell
                        7.Keary

he has all the skills to kill it he just needs to apply it.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                          Has anybody asked teddy if he would be happy to swap with latrell into the centers so this whole thing can go away.

pretty simple solution, Teddy can bludge in the centers and prolong his career.
                          hahahahahaha

Comment

There has been a bit of a PR offensive in the last week.

To me, it seems he has a deal for 2021, probably Souths and was unable to secure a release. The rest is just a diversion.

Also, the day we signed Tedesco, probably spelt the end for Latrell at the Roosters.

I also think he is still a chance to part ways with us for 2020
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Do you think if he worked on his game during the off-season and got fitter he would make it as a 5/8th? With smith covering the centre role it would be a lethal backline.

1.Teddy
                              2.Toups
                              3.Smith
                              4.Manu
                              5.Morris
                              6.Mitchell
                              7.Keary

he has all the skills to kill it he just needs to apply it.
                              no failed experiment already and what about Flanagan , lam ect

Comment

I thought it was a really nice interview. Enjoyed it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X