No announcement yet.

Membership Numbers v Average Home Attendances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chooks used to have a pet membership - don't believe they are on offer nowadays. I signed up the moggie for a few years, much to his disgust. He managed to 'lose' every Roosters pet tag he's ever had on his collar - I used to watch him scraping it across the front screen door to try and dislodge it. I would find them occasionally in the common area but he managed to hide them all in the end.

Got a very nice pet rug one season which lasted a few years til it was so worn and grotty I had to throw. It had pride of place on one of the recliners and the moggie would happily snooze on it.
    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Very witty response, as usual Mickie. I wish I were as clever as you.

How's life in the undertaker business? Did your failed career as a nurse prepare you well for looking after dead people?

I apoligise Spirit of 66 for hurting your feelings, I had no intentions of doing that.
      Life's always interesting being an undertaker. Why do say failed career as a nurse?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Manly take two home games to Brisbane v Brisbane and to NZ v warriors plus magic round gives all teams a home average of 30000,

for us we we get a boost of the Anzac game this year, plus the 30,000 in magic round and the Adelaide and central coast games of about 16000 each.

people don’t want to go to rubbish stadiums like the SCG and ANZ, we have got 3 crowds of less than 10000 their.

a lot of people buy memberships that give them tickets to games away from Sydney like the country membership or the Adelaide and central coast membership depending on where they live.
        Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I apoligise Spirit of 66 for hurting your feelings, I had no intentions of doing that.
          Life's always interesting being an undertaker. Why do say failed career as a nurse?
          Thank you. I’m sure you’re a good bloke, but the tone of some of your posts sometimes gives the opposite impression.

I hope your team wins well on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            There are different types of membership. Some memberships don’t include game tickets. Souths have a pet membership. But only their two legged inbred animals attend games as four legged ones aren’t allowed in stadiums.
            This is very true and souffs do have a lot of overseas members.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Thank you. I’m sure you’re a good bloke, but the tone of some of your posts sometimes gives the opposite impression.

I hope your team wins well on the weekend.
              Go the Roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                The Chooks used to have a pet membership - don't believe they are on offer nowadays. I signed up the moggie for a few years, much to his disgust. He managed to 'lose' every Roosters pet tag he's ever had on his collar - I used to watch him scraping it across the front screen door to try and dislodge it. I would find them occasionally in the common area but he managed to hide them all in the end.

Got a very nice pet rug one season which lasted a few years til it was so worn and grotty I had to throw. It had pride of place on one of the recliners and the moggie would happily snooze on it.
                I'm certain it was you novice chook that posted a lovely pic of your moggie reading the 100 years of the Sydney Roosters book many years ago either here or on the wall.

Comment

i finally got a souths fan long term genuine to agree that teddy is close to clive churchill in skill, if not better!

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

Classic.

Comment

Thought I would have a closer look at these figures. Looking through some of the responses to the original post, I appreciate that not everyone is interested, but I think some myth busting is in order. The snide remarks about our supposedly low supporter base, Gordon Tallis' call for the Roosters to be relocated etc don't line up with the facts.

While in 2019 the Roosters ranked 13th of 16 teams in Membership numbers, their average home crowds (EXCLUDING Magic Round and interstate games) ranked fifth behind the Broncos, Knights, Eels and Storm. The difference between their actual home game attendances and membership numbers is small - their average crowd of 15,720 represents 96% their published membership numbers.

Other teams with higher membership numbers have much smaller average home crowds. This is understandable in some case - the Dragons and the Cowboys had bad years on the field and so their members haven't turned up. The Dragons average home crowd was a very low 9863 or 47% of the membership. Same with the Cowboys - 13,658 is 65% of their membership.

The team that REALLY stands out in all this are our toothless friends on the other side of Anzac Parade. The Vermin boast HUGE membership numbers of 29,614 yet despite having relatively good year, their average home crowd (again, excluding Magic Round and interstate games) was a measly 12,638. This is only 43% of their boasted membership - the worst performance of any club.

The figures are set out below:

​​​​​​
                      Average Home Crowd* Members Difference Difference as % of Members
                      Titans 11066 8866 -2200 125%
                      Roosters 15720 16363 643 96%
                      Knights 19053 20665 1612 92%
                      Sea Eagles 11216 12440 1224 90%
                      Broncos 29516 34793 5277 85%
                      Sharks 12427 15829 3402 79%
                      Raiders 15495 20121 4626 77%
                      Eels 19033 25250 6217 75%
                      Warriors 13785 18307 4522 75%
                      Bulldogs 13535 18273 4738 74%
                      Storm 16506 25208 8702 65%
                      Cowboys 13658 21029 7371 65%
                      Tigers 13303 20739 7436 64%
                      Panthers 12678 20627 7949 61%
                      Dragons 9863 20949 11086 47%
                      Rabbitohs 12638 29614 16976 43%
                      * Excluding Magic Round and interstate home games

Comment

Good work Spirit. What it tells me is that the last two clubs (no coincidence which ones they are) have a lot of “members” who don’t have game tickets included. I suspect if you went on their sites you would see they have a very cheap membership with hardly any benefits.

Comment

Not sure % of members who turn up to games is a significant figure. You want both numbers to be high. Would teams with low attendance feel better if they had less members thus making their percentage higher?

I'd love it if we had a million interstate members even if they didn't turn up to games.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                            Not sure % of members who turn up to games is a significant figure. You want both numbers to be high. Would teams with low attendance feel better if they had less members thus making their percentage higher?

I'd love it if we had a million interstate members even if they didn't turn up to games.
                            Well, these figures don't really tell you how many members turn up. For all we know, the people who turn up to home games could all be the opposition's fans. But the figures do tell a story, I think, that the membership numbers being quoted don't really compare apples with apples. Souths want to present themselves as having a similar number of ticketed supporters as the Broncos, when in fact their home crowds suggest otherwise.

Comment

Well, these figures don't really tell you how many members turn up. For all we know, the people who turn up to home games could all be the opposition's fans. But the figures do tell a story, I think, that the membership numbers being quoted don't really compare apples with apples. Souths want to present themselves as having a similar number of ticketed supporters as the Broncos, when in fact their home crowds suggest otherwise.
                              Fair point, but any table that has the titans on top is probably a bit suss.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Fair point, but any table that has the titans on top is probably a bit suss.
                                Not sure I understand your logic. They have the lowest membership and the second lowest crowds. They're not on top of anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X