Membership Numbers v Average Home Attendances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Numbers v Average Home Attendances

I am curious why some teams with very high membership levels, are attracting such low average home crowds. It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

The Roosters are well down the list for total members (16,131) but are attracting an average home crowd of 18,347 (114% of the membership numbers). Another in a similar position is the unexpectedly well-performing Sea Eagles (12,389 members, but 14,217 average crowds at home). Brisbane has the most members (34,655) and 85% of them seem to turn up (29,367).

The team that puzzles me is the Vermin. They are second only to Brisbane in members (29,585) but they are running ninth in home crowds (14,380). That's only 50% of their membership numbers, equal last with the underperforming Dragons.

Any theories as to why?

Our Anzac Day crowd always gives us a boost.

Comment

K
      Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
      I am curious why some teams with very high membership levels, are attracting such low average home crowds. It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

The Roosters are well down the list for total members (16,131) but are attracting an average home crowd of 18,347 (114% of the membership numbers). Another in a similar position is the unexpectedly well-performing Sea Eagles (12,389 members, but 14,217 average crowds at home). Brisbane has the most members (34,655) and 85% of them seem to turn up (29,367).

The team that puzzles me is the Vermin. They are second only to Brisbane in members (29,585) but they are running ninth in home crowds (14,380). That's only 50% of their membership numbers, equal last with the underperforming Dragons.

Any theories as to why?
      I haven’t got a theory on Souths crowd numbers because I couldn’t care less about what any other teams crowd numbers are.
      Go the Roosters.

Comment

Any theories as to why?
        So many theories :

• Half the vermin supporters are pets
        • Half the vermin supporters are figments of Rusty's imagination
        • Half the vermin supporters were gifted their membership and 'sekretly' support the Roosters
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There are different types of membership. Some memberships don’t include game tickets. Souths have a pet membership. But only their two legged inbred animals attend games as four legged ones aren’t allowed in stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            There are different types of membership. Some memberships don’t include game tickets. Souths have a pet membership. But only their two legged inbred animals attend games as four legged ones aren’t allowed in stadiums.
            Hahahaha bam!!
            Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
              K

I haven’t got a theory on Souths crowd numbers because I couldn’t care less about what any other teams crowd numbers are.
              Go the Roosters.
              Very witty response, as usual Mickie. I wish I were as clever as you.

How's life in the undertaker business? Did your failed career as a nurse prepare you well for looking after dead people?

Comment

Any theories as to why?
                Because watching games at Telstra/Olympic stadium is just a bit worse than the SCG and they have to travel too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Benko View Post

Because watching games at Telstra/Olympic stadium is just a bit worse than the SCG and they have to travel too.
                  So they probably aren't ticketed members?

Comment

Any theories as to why?
                    Manly take two home games to Brisbane v Brisbane and to NZ v warriors plus magic round gives all teams a home average of 30000,

for us we we get a boost of the Anzac game this year, plus the 30,000 in magic round and the Adelaide and central coast games of about 16000 each.

people don’t want to go to rubbish stadiums like the SCG and ANZ, we have got 3 crowds of less than 10000 their.

a lot of people buy memberships that give them tickets to games away from Sydney like the country membership or the Adelaide and central coast membership depending on where they live.
                    Last edited by milanja; 08-09-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      Fair point, clubs never seem to provide a breakdown of memberships. Ticketed/non-ticketed would be a good start.

Another thing to remember is that many people don't watch rugby league live despite being massive fans. For example I live in Canberra and have young kids. We're all members but packing the car for Sydney every weekend (or Thursday/Friday night...etc) ain't gonna happen until the kids get older. I still pay for full, ticketed memberships though because I want access to finals games. I mean if it's a preliminary final or grand final... I'm gonna book the tickets and apologise later. Mid-season game against some random club on a Thursday night? No way...

Comment

Any theories as to why?
                        Why.
                        because your not allowed pets in anz. And the 5000 memberships in hollywood and are not in sydney
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

The membership numbers are bullshit - especially Souffs.

On monetary value per member we murder them.

Comment

Any theories as to why?
                            Souffs members include one membership package if for all familiy members.plust cat and dog..yrue i tell you or was upto a year ago. Family of 5 plus dog to souffs equals 6 memberships for the price of one
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Any theories as to why?
                              Footy clashes with centrelink?

Comment

Working...
                              X