No announcement yet.

Stop the damn music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The music is crap I enjoy having a chat to those I go the football with in the breaks in play. Ok with pre game - halftime but no to in game time.

People would rather be electrically shocked than left alone with their thoughts

The researchers then decided to take the experiment a step further. For 15 minutes, the team left participants alone in a lab room in which they could push a button and shock themselves if they wanted to. The results were startling: Even though all participants had previously stated that they would pay money to avoid being shocked with electricity, 67% of men and 25% of women chose to inflict it on themselves rather than just sit there quietly and think, the team reports online today in Science.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014...their-thoughts

Comment

Was definitely blaring out loud up in the Bradman stand. Was too much of it.. they just need to get the balance right

Comment

The ground announcer loved the sound of his own voice. Really annoying !

Comment

You think the music is loud and annoying at the SCG then try putting up with it at other grounds. Penrith would have to be the worst. Unfortunately these days it’s happening at all grounds and I for one find it incredibly annoying. Also, some of the ground announcers at other grounds have to hear their own voice over the PA every chance they get which is also very annoying. I wonder how the players feel about it. It would have to be distracting.
          I don’t understand why the grounds announcers feel that we need to be entertained every second during the game. When play stops for a scrum or penalty or whatever they seem to think we aren’t capable of entertaining ourselves for a matter of seconds until play starts again. They must think we are so inept. It used to be good to have the chance to speak to people with you when there was a break in play. The SCG is tame compared to other grounds though, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

Dj Stephen Ferris
            Correct and one of the best. His brother Pee Wee was an ok DJ.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post

Correct and one of the best. His brother Pee Wee was an ok DJ.
              Stephen has a funny rugby league radio show called Fire Up on FBI 94.5 on Friday mornings that is a good listen.
              Also available on podcast.
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Count me in too ! It annoys the crap out of me having the music blare out every single moment there's a break in play. I have no problem with it while just waiting for the game to start, or during half time, I can even put up with it after a try is scored ..... but do we really need it while a scrum is being formed, or while sorting out a tap kick or kick for goal.
                I suppose some marketing guru somewhere apparently must have decided that this is the sort of thing that entertains everyone and will help increase the crowds ! ....but yes I said more than once during Sunday's game ..."oh just shut TFU"

..The irony is, at Allianz I was one of the ones who used to complain about the crap PA ..... haha I long for those days now !

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

Stephen has a funny rugby league radio show called Fire Up on FBI 94.5 on Friday mornings that is a good listen.
                  Also available on podcast.
                  Cool - thanks Skeez. Up Easts.

Comment

I hate the music between plays. I really enjoy the tension you get when you’re watching a game but when you get loud music it changes the mood.

Comment

I wonder if it’s an NRL initiative or a club one to play music at breaks in play?
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

It's a shocker, and happens at pretty much all the grounds.

You have to wonder who makes these decisions. Obviously not in touch with your average RL fan.

I wouldn't be averse to the home team playing their songs or at least something footy related....rather than just loud "noise". I stop short at calling some of it music.

As a broadly related aside a young chap (Easts fan) was playing our song "Here Come the Roosters" whilst we were making the Central to SCG pilgrimage on Sunday on continuous repeat. It was a nice accompaniment to the trudge.

Comment

Completely agree it shits me big time
                          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

I did enjoy 'Hit The Road, Jack' as Munster headed to the bin for the second time in last years GF!

Comment

The music is leftover bullshit from the superleague era.

Comment

I love hearing this at the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X