Stop the damn music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the damn music!

Went to the game on Sunday, my first since the Anzac Day game.
    Sat in the 4th level of the Bradman stand, like being up top deck in the old Noble stand in years gone by & much better than ground level at the footy unfrieindly SCG.
    Enjoyed the Roosters clinical preformance BUT ....
    When did we start getting music blasted in our ears every time the game stopped for 5 seconds?
    Not only is it annoying & distracting, you have to shout to have a conversation with the person next to you.
    Totally unnecessary, if I want to hear music I'll go to a concert.
    Does anybody else agree or am I an old dinosaur?

I agree. Very annoying can't stand it. If you want music than go to the fricken basketball.

Comment

Didn’t notice it - you’re both dinosaurs.

Comment

up the top it's a lot louder than at ground level because the speakers are just above you

Comment

Fark, everyone is unloading on the club today.

Beers too expensive, music too loud, taking home games interstate .. Too hot in the sun, too cold in the shade.. Lindsay can’t catch a ball

all worthy gripes,, but gee they’re unloading in droves
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Just seen that we’re taking some home games to Perth next year. Glad my membership will subsidise that.
            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post
              Didn’t notice it - you’re both dinosaurs.
              Agreed. It adds to the ambience and home vibe... having an MC/DJ is part of winning at home IMO. They're your club's valid voice/intimidation and all other clubs do it (e.g. Raiders and Storm are fukking annoying!!! Ever been to a game in Melbourne? As soon as you're trying to attack their line this 'BOOOOM BOOOOM STOOOOOOORM DEEEEFENCE!!!!' BS come on... fortunately last time I saw that SBW was playing and strolled over for a try every time they did it, otherwise it woulda been a pain in the bum!)

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                Fark, everyone is unloading on the club today.

Beers too expensive, music too loud, taking home games interstate .. Too hot in the sun, too cold in the shade.. Lindsay can’t catch a ball

all worthy gripes,, but gee they’re unloading in droves
                And another thing...they should keep the bloody flag the same!

Comment

Having been to a bunch of baseball games at both old and new Yankee stadium, I can tell you that league has become like baseball over the last ten years. T(annoy) announcements every five minutes, music blaring and stupid incidental music.

At leas they don't play Sweet FRIGGING Caroline at the league.

Comment

As the discussion about music being played - I’ve fond memories of being at the GF with my daughter and the cryptic DJ played “
                    “Nowhere to Run” by Motowns own Martha and the Vandellas was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                      Having been to a bunch of baseball games at both old and new Yankee stadium, I can tell you that league has become like baseball over the last ten years. T(annoy) announcements every five minutes, music blaring and stupid incidental music.

At leas they don't play Sweet FRIGGING Caroline at the league.
                      I enjoyed Metallica enter sandman at the origin this year, sounded great through their speakers. But that was before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I enjoyed Metallica enter sandman at the origin this year, sounded great through their speakers. But that was before the game.
                        I got that for the five years I was in New York and Mariano Rivera was their closer. We used to call it the Yankees closing theme because most of the time it was lights out for the opposition then.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

I got that for the five years I was in New York and Mariano Rivera was their closer. We used to call it the Yankees closing theme because most of the time it was lights out for the opposition then.
                          Haha, nice!

i was at MetLife a few years back watching pats v giants, can’t say I remember music their, we were pretty tanked though, they said they stop serving beer after half time, somehow we convinced them to sell me and mate 4 beers each, they liked our Aussie humour.
                          wont ever forget that anthem and the flag covering the entire field though.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                            As the discussion about music being played - I’ve fond memories of being at the GF with my daughter and the cryptic DJ played “
                            “Nowhere to Run” by Motowns own Martha and the Vandellas was hilarious.
                            Dj Stephen Ferris
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Gotta agree with the Dane, the music and commentary did my head in. Simply too loud

i guess to compensate for small crowd and create atmosphere
                              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Working...
                              X