Jesse Ramien ? But why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post

I think there is a possibility/thought floating around that Kyle Flanagan may not get the start at #7 next season and he may get a bit of a run with the Bears initially or come off the bench for the Roosters to see how he goes. I saw somewhere on Facebook that Keary may be starting as half-back with Latrell playing 5/8 which could mean the "possibility" of Ramien as a centre option (left edge combination with Toops).

This morning I read online that UK Super League was an option for Ramien as well. Every bloody 15 mins there seems to be another NRL club in the chase for him or some other crap. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the week there is talks of him switching codes and getting interest from Rugby Union...
    Yeah, i just keep getting this feeling that a Lats/Keary combo is at work for next year.

Comment

I think there is a possibility/thought floating around that Kyle Flanagan may not get the start at #7 next season and he may get a bit of a run with the Bears initially or come off the bench for the Roosters to see how he goes. I saw somewhere on Facebook that Keary may be starting as half-back with Latrell playing 5/8 which could mean the "possibility" of Ramien as a centre option (left edge combination with Toops).

This morning I read online that UK Super League was an option for Ramien as well. Every bloody 15 mins there seems to be another NRL club in the chase for him or some other crap. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the week there is talks of him switching codes and getting interest from Rugby Union...
      If that’s the case then it’s Morris to centres and Hall on the wing, no need for Ramien, we well covered
      for backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
        Absolutely no chance.
        I’m glad to hear this mate. Methinks it’s his manager looking to drive up his price and gimps like Hooper buy into it every time.
        Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

The media report on it whether it's true or not. More stories to sell

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

If that’s the case then it’s Morris to centres and Hall on the wing, no need for Ramien, we well covered
            for backs.
            I like that !

Comment

I reckon Morris and Hall will both leave / retire after our GF win this year!
              Ramien in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                Ramien in.
                Yeah I'm not quite sure whether Hall with his ACL reconstruction and current issues he's having with his knee will be able to go around in 2020. He may call it quits at the end of this season and perhaps stay on in some kind of trainer or analyst role. The bloke is very intelligent but his (best) playing days do appear to be behind him, it's a shame because although he didn't score any tries he was averaging around 200+ meters per game and was running hard. Nothing flashy or fancy about him but he performed well. Morris could retire or go another year...probably just depends how he feels and where the team finishes at the end of the season (hopefully with a GF win). But if both Hall and Morris call it quits and Latrell doesn't slot into 5/8 then I'm not sure if Ramien is worth a look. We have arguably two of the best centres in the game in Manu and Latrell so no point adding another and there is a bit of hype and talk with "Billy Smith" so yeah... perhaps we need to buy a Winger or perhaps not? There is Matt Ikuvalu and Bernard Lewis who are both young and probably cost less.

I hope this is all just BS !

Comment

I would rather they give Billy Smith a go first.

Comment

Ramien in.
                    I hope Morris doesnt. I reckon theres at least another solid season left in him yet. As long as he is on top of injuries, he should be sweet.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Ramien in.
                      Why would they retire? Would you retire if you had a good year at work? This is there livelihood, they aren't going to retire unless they can't physcially get themselves on the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Why would they retire? Would you retire if you had a good year at work? This is there livelihood, they aren't going to retire unless they can't physcially get themselves on the park.
                        For sure. Both these guys will be keen to kick on barring serious injury.

They have already had enforced time out in their careers, so still have some miles in the legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

One year too long?
                          Morris and Hall both getting leg injuries often now.

Comment

That's what I was told a while back that Keary would be the 7 next year. The idea of getting Flanagan was to cover for Keary if he had further head knocks.
                            Latrell at 5/8 I don't know about that. I can't see that working, but it might be a way to get him more involved.

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                            This was reported by the sycophantic james hooper.
                            he makes things up.
                            You will find that Hooper's best buddy is Issac Moses..say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

That's what I was told a while back that Keary would be the 7 next year. The idea of getting Flanagan was to cover for Keary if he had further head knocks.
                              Latrell at 5/8 I don't know about that. I can't see that working, but it might be a way to get him more involved.

You will find that Hooper's best buddy is Issac Moses..say no more.
                              Good old Hooper at it again ! ....but Latrell should stick as a Centre I'd rather give Flanagan or even Lachy Lam first crack at 5/8. Latrell doesn't posses the ball playing creativity and temperament to be a 5/8...well NOT yet anyway and just because G.I dabbled as 5/8 here and there doesn't mean Latrell should follow him with the thought and comparison "If he can do it then so can I

Comment

Working...
                              X