Sam Walker already training with the first grade squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Walker already training with the first grade squad

Even though he doesn't officially join the Roosters till November 1st he is spending the next couple of weeks training with the first grade squad.

SAM’S EARLY ARRIVAL

BOOM schoolboy halfback Sam Walker has turned up at Sydney Roosters six months ahead of schedule. The Ipswich Grammar student is using the school holidays to train in Sydney alongside Cooper Cronk, Luke Keary and the rest of the Roosters’ squad.

It was coach Trent Robinson’s idea to give the recently turned 17-year-old an early taste of the professionalism of NRL training.

Walker is seen as a long-term replacement for Cronk although Cronulla’s Kyle Flanagan is still on the club’s radar.

What a great move, bring him in, give him an early insight into what it means to be a Rooster

Comment

Very good to here,,

any chance you could send the link of the article
      cheers mate

Comment

How good is Robbo.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
          Even though he doesn't officially join the Roosters till November 1st he is spending the next couple of weeks training with the first grade squad.

SAM’S EARLY ARRIVAL

Walker is seen as a long-term replacement for Cronk although Cronulla’s Kyle Flanagan is still on the club’s radar.
          I thought he had already signed with us ?

Comment

Clearly sam walker not focussed on final year exams??
            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
              Clearly sam walker not focussed on final year exams??
              School Holidays atm.

Comment

Aware. Most hsc year or Brisbane equivalent students work at hsc during this school break

Comment

I think footy is more important for Sam.
                  Most year 12's I know are normally drinking during breaks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

School Holidays atm.
                    They generally do pathways anyway?

I couldn't be stuffed (just wanted year 12 out of the way and knew I could go through TAFE...etc instead if I stuffed up) but some did their HSC over like 3-4 years (and many who... like me... never made it as senior athletes [vast majority of elite juniors TBH] got into law/med right outta school because they'd do 1 or 2 subjects a year lolz).

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                    I think footy is more important for Sam.
                    Most year 12's I know are normally drinking during breaks!
                    Yeah and let's be honest... you train for footy from the age of ~7, get your skills/body in shape for elite footy and yr 12 comes... you're wasting 10+ years of development if you throw it all away for a yr 12 certificate (which honestly means nothing unless you're trying to get into med - you can get into any other degree pretty easily using alternative entry later on). Even then, I think 'starting NRL halfback' is a much more exciting and lucrative career than 'local GP'. Not saying that's the only alternative but if you have a realistic chance of playing NRL, you MUST go all out... otherwise you'll never know. You won't make it if you put in a part-time effort.
                    Last edited by ism22; 07-07-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

My son doing hsc. Not a rocket scientist yet expected to do min 70 hours hsc work. Return then trials.

times different to my hsc, where I top marked in 3 unit the Oak of double bay

Comment

Impressive! I was dux of smoking bongs and skating around Bondi Junction.
                        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Does anyone know what is the latest with Kyle Flanagan? Is he is signing with Easts or not?

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                            Does anyone know what is the latest with Kyle Flanagan? Is he is signing with Easts or not?
                            The Tele said it's a done deal, so must be...

Comment

HSC?
                              I did high school long before HSC was invented
                              Failed every subject in the HSC equivalent.
                              Principal tried to tell my father I was a 65%-70% student. Father wouldn't listen, selected rocket science subjects for me to study...the hardest and most complex subjects.
                              Moral...be wise with children's education.
                              Anyway, I was more concerned about how I was going to avoid being blown to bits in the jungles and rice fields of Vietnam in that stupid war than passing high school exams.
                              ...having in 2 years time to register for conscription.
                              "All the way with LBJ"...baaah!
                              Father wanted me to be conscripted.
                              "Nuke em" I said.
                              Raised voices in the living room every other night.
                              WW2 I would've volunteered.
                              I objected to losing my life for nothing in Vietnam.

Sam Walker...short break away from study...training with Roosters...all good IMO.
                              Refreshed, he can return to study and do exams.

Comment

Working...
                              X