X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    HSC?
    I did high school long before HSC was invented
    Failed every subject in the HSC equivalent.
    Principal tried to tell my father I was a 65%-70% student. Father wouldn't listen, selected rocket science subjects for me to study...the hardest and most complex subjects.
    Moral...be wise with children's education.
    Anyway, I was more concerned about how I was going to avoid being blown to bits in the jungles and rice fields of Vietnam in that stupid war than passing high school exams.
    ...having in 2 years time to register for conscription.
    "All the way with LBJ"...baaah!
    Father wanted me to be conscripted.
    "Nuke em" I said.
    Raised voices in the living room every other night.
    WW2 I would've volunteered.
    I objected to losing my life for nothing in Vietnam.

Sam Walker...short break away from study...training with Roosters...all good IMO.
    Refreshed, he can return to study and do exams.
    This response took an unexpected turn
    "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Walker will be like everything from Ipswich tough and street smart, just look at Luke Keary.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
        HSC?
        I did high school long before HSC was invented
        Failed every subject in the HSC equivalent.
        Principal tried to tell my father I was a 65%-70% student. Father wouldn't listen, selected rocket science subjects for me to study...the hardest and most complex subjects.
        Moral...be wise with children's education.
        Anyway, I was more concerned about how I was going to avoid being blown to bits in the jungles and rice fields of Vietnam in that stupid war than passing high school exams.
        ...having in 2 years time to register for conscription.
        "All the way with LBJ"...baaah!
        Father wanted me to be conscripted.
        "Nuke em" I said.
        Raised voices in the living room every other night.
        WW2 I would've volunteered.
        I objected to losing my life for nothing in Vietnam.

Sam Walker...short break away from study...training with Roosters...all good IMO.
        Refreshed, he can return to study and do exams.
        Love it Bongdi... this is what separates the 'pen from all the other rubbish forums out there. Keep it up bro!!

Comment

Walker has broken many QLD hearts including his dad in joining the chooks
          "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
            Hahahahaha, love it. Gee I hope he goes well here.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
              I am quite stunned he chose to break out of the Qld brotherhood mould actually..
              My friend keeps saying "Cheer up mate it could be worse. You could be stuck underground in a hole full of water". I know he means well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I am quite stunned he chose to break out of the Qld brotherhood mould actually..
                From his interview about it, he said it was a pretty quick, easy decision. He met Robbo + Keary over a coffee and they told him what they hoped to do for his game. He believes Robbo's the best coaches in the game and Keary's one of the best halves...

I can totally see why you wouldn't bother with Milf, Turpin, Darius, McCullough and Seybold as your mentors. Bunch of frigging dropkicks.

Ramble ramble... as a junior I always wanted a boss with a plan for me and a team that I could learn lotsa stuff from. I can totally see why a youngster would choose Robbo, Jake, Keary, Teddy and Cords over Seybold, McCullough, Milf, Segeyaro and Lodge. If I were his dad I'd tell him to GTFO if I saw him mixing with those grubs. I mean what's their record:
                - Lodge... violence against women
                - Darius... DV (in Newie... bashed up his Mrs, trashed the place then complained about 'depression')
                - Roberts... DV, drugs, random violence against a woman at a pub... massive grub
                - Segeyaro... mostly unknown but sacked by 3 clubs and done DUI as soon as Brisbane gave him a lifeline.
                - McCullough... punched Chris Satae in the head

You wouldn't bother with them. Seybold might just be trying his best (and I don't envy the position Wayne put him in) but the place is a mess and I'd be telling my son to get outta there ASAP.
                Last edited by ism22; 07-10-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

From his interview about it, he said it was a pretty quick, easy decision. He met Robbo + Keary over a coffee and they told him what they hoped to do for his game. He believes Robbo's the best coaches in the game and Keary's one of the best halves...

I can totally see why you wouldn't bother with Milf, Turpin, Darius, McCullough and Seybold as your mentors. Bunch of frigging dropkicks.

Ramble ramble... as a junior I always wanted a boss with a plan for me and a team that I could learn lotsa stuff from. I can totally see why a youngster would choose Robbo, Jake, Keary, Teddy and Cords over Seybold, McCullough, Milf, Segeyaro and Lodge. If I were his dad I'd tell him to GTFO if I saw him mixing with those grubs. I mean what's their record:
                  - Darius... DV (in Newie... bashed up his Mrs, trashed the place then complained about 'depression')
                  - Roberts... DV, drugs, random violence against a woman at a pub... massive grub
                  - Segeyaro... mostly unknown but sacked by 3 clubs and done DUI as soon as Brisbane gave him a lifeline.

You wouldn't bother with them. Seybold might just be trying his best (and I don't envy the position Wayne put him in) but the place is a mess and I'd be telling my son to get outta there ASAP.
                  Actually Roberts is no longer with the Broncs, he has returned home to the grubbiest of the grubs - the Filthy Vermin. He fits in there well, and will no doubt learn even more grubbiness from the lowest of the low - the Burgii.
                  Roll on Season 2017 ...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

What a rant. Why did you put depression in inverted commas? I have read your posts about how a woman beat you up and made you homeless and caused you depression. Why do you need to belittle him? Also please stop talking about your "athletics career". Muchos gracias amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

What a rant. Why did you put depression in inverted commas? I have read your posts about how a woman beat you up and made you homeless and caused you depression. Why do you need to belittle him? Also please stop talking about your "athletics career". Muchos gracias amigo.
                      Too funny. ism loves a good rant & he certainly likes mentioning his athletics career.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Too funny. ism loves a good rant & he certainly likes mentioning his athletics career.
                        You would think the guy was Herb Elliot instead of Nigel Nuffy. Although at least when he waxes about his athletics career he isn't talking about his legal career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                          My son doing hsc. Not a rocket scientist yet expected to do min 70 hours hsc work. Return then trials.

times different to my hsc, where I top marked in 3 unit the Oak of double bay
                          I topped 3 unit absenteeism.
                          Minimum 5 full days a week planning covert social outings and creating an alternative school report from scratch and face the ultimate parental test. PASS.

Comment

You would think the guy was Herb Elliot instead of Nigel Nuffy. Although at least when he waxes about his athletics career he isn't talking about his legal career.
                            Now that made me laugh out loud - probably shouldn't but it did
                            Roll on Season 2017 ...

Comment

Your carving him up.

Comment

Uuurrrrm what happened here?
                                I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Working...
                                X