Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Tetevano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tetevano

He was charged with a grade 2 dangerous contact charge which will lead to a minimum 2 game suspension. What are everyone’s thoughts on it?

Fair call. Can’t dive at a kickers legs after the ball is kicked. Stupid and he knew it at the time judging by his reaction. I don’t think he will be sorely missed he has been very average last couple of months.

Comment

Thought was a very lazy tackle he been a bit down on form last few weeks a rest might do him well.

Comment

From the replay I saw during the game, it looks like first contact is with the hips, so I would fight it.
        Penalty sufficient
        Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

The charged down on Cooper at Suncorp was worse but not sure if anyone was charged from that. I thought Tetavano was dumb considering that a few minutes earlier Latrell nearly did the same on Marshall and the refs would have warned him about it. Anyway maybe it’s is time to get a small holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Fair call. Can’t dive at a kickers legs after the ball is kicked. Stupid and he knew it at the time judging by his reaction. I don’t think he will be sorely missed he has been very average last couple of months.
            He has been much better the last couple of weeks, his early set carries last night were very good an extremely important in SST's absence.

Comment

Bad technique on this one (eyes should have been up) and given our recent form at the judiciary I would take the early plea and move on.

Comment

Im good with the charge.....as long as i see it apply to all

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                  Im good with the charge.....as long as i see it apply to all
                  Thats the thing. It doesnt and it wont. Some get off, some dont and its not just us on the raw end. Its pretty much a lottery with this rule.
                  Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

Comment

Firstly it may seem a bit harsh on the grading but it’s def chargeable and stupid when the NRL just highlighted a crack down.
                    secondly he has been down on form since he stood down for personal reasons about 1 to 2 months ago. Something must have happened to him.
                    On whole though I hope he stays as he is a good depth prop.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Thats the thing. It doesnt and it wont. Some get off, some dont and its not just us on the raw end. Its pretty much a lottery with this rule.
                      It’s not a lottery when one of our players gets reported... You can bet your house that our players will be suspended 99% of the times...

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

It’s not a lottery when one of our players gets reported... You can bet your house that our players will be suspended 99% of the times...
                        You are not wrong there but getting put on report or being charged from the report definitely is.
                        Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
                          He was charged with a grade 2 dangerous contact charge which will lead to a minimum 2 game suspension. What are everyone’s thoughts on it?
                          Oh he'll be suspended. We did a fair few stupid tackles on kickers after they'd already kicked. Can't say I have much sympathy... the ref warned us twice and it's not as if the kicker milked it or anything. His was one of the lesser incidents, but I see no way he's gonna get off.

Comment

Gives an opportunity for Sitili to get some more minutes, which can only be a good thing as we head towards the finals.

Comment

The reporting of Zane’s incident on FoxSports web site is interesting. As is their reporting of the tigpies being dudded.

Naturally there is no mention of the Marsters try or of Cronk being whacked.
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X