Roosters Lineup vs Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I love Butcher, but he's not a second rower.
    He is covering there this week for Cordner and covers a few roles.

Comment

I am really liking Butchers development. What we haven’t seen a great deal of is his ball playing ability. He has great ball skills and can pass before or after the line. I think Robbo will allow him more latitude with off loads the more comfortable he gets in first grade. This was evident against the dogs where he played a lot of second receiver and looked comfortable. And his pass back on the inside for Radley’s try against Penrith was first class. The way he positioned himself and the pass itself was very impressive in my opinion. He is definitely a footballer not just an athlete. The best thing of course is his little brother Egan is waiting in the wings and is even better. Stoked they are playing in our jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
        Butcher has looked more and more like a good first grader every time I see him play. Angus, well I just don't know. I thought he was going okay earlier in the season but the last month or so has been pretty average.
        The team is a mess...ad hoc everything.
        About as organised as a hoarder house.
        How could he possibly be expected to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

I like him but he made a few silly errors last week. Hope he can do well this week.
          Still better than collins

Comment

Stilli and Crichton have to start in the 2nd row surely?
            Lam on the bench @ 14 as cover for Reds and Keary.

Farmer
            Aubs
            Butcher
            as the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
              Stilli and Crichton have to start in the 2nd row surely?
              Lam on the bench @ 14 as cover for Reds and Keary.

Farmer
              Aubs
              Butcher
              as the bench.
              I think Aubs will be our 2nd rower now until the end of the season.

I think Robbo has pulled then pin on Crichton as a 2nd rower at least for this year and will use him exclusively at lock.

Either that or he's trying to play Crichton into some form then shift him back to an edge but I think it is most likely the former.

Makes for an interesting decision when Jake Friend returns as it means Crichton, Radley and Butcher will be competing for 2 spots.

Comment

I think Robbo has pulled then pin on Crichton as a 2nd rower at least for this year and will use him exclusively at lock.

Either that or he's trying to play Crichton into some form then shift him back to an edge but I think it is most likely the former.

Makes for an interesting decision when Jake Friend returns as it means Crichton, Radley and Butcher will be competing for 2 spots.
                You've been angling to get Gus into a red and black strip all season....we shall see .

Comment

I guess we'll find out next week then. Jake will be named next Tuesday, probably on the extended bench initially, but should make his comeback against the Cows.

Comment

I reckon Butcher will miss out unfortunately.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

You've been angling to get Gus into a red and black strip all season....we shall see .
                      That's a really inaccurate summation of my posts.

I've just assessed his performance and said that I don't think he's playing well enough to be a starting 2nd rower. I conceded 2 months back that he deserved more time to prove himself in the 2nd row.

As I posted pre-season it's impossible not to like the guy, he grew up as a chooks fan and chased his dreams to play for our mighty club. There's nothing better than seeing someone passionate about our club achieve greatness... that's half the joy of supporting a football club for me.

It's also a really poor assumption that you think I would drop him. I think in that three way battle Radley probably loses out due to his versatility. He either plays as the utility on the bench or Robbo tries to convert him into a second rower although I think it's way too late for the latter this late in the season.

Comment

When Jake comes back I would go with this against NQ

Teddy
                        Tupou
                        Mitchell
                        Manu
                        Hall
                        Keary
                        Cronk
                        JWH
                        Friend
                        Taukeiaho
                        Cordner
                        Crichton
                        Radley

Tetevano
                        Liu
                        Butcher
                        Aubo

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I reckon Butcher will miss out unfortunately.
                          Butcher has arguably been among our top 3 performing forwards so far this year. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't in our top 17 at full strength. He'd certainly be in mine.

Comment

Butcher has arguably been among our top 3 performing forwards so far this year. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't in our top 17 at full strength. He'd certainly be in mine.
                            I agree but I just think that no matter how good he has gone so far, the first choice side was always going to include Rads and Gus. Its exciting to see we have such a wealth of talent to choose from tho and I would hate be the one making the call.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I agree but I just think that no matter how good he has gone so far, the first choice side was always going to include Rads and Gus. Its exciting to see we have such a wealth of talent to choose from tho and I would hate be the one making the call.
                              That's really the main point isn't it. We have gathered a great forward roster for depth this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
                                When Jake comes back I would go with this against NQ

Teddy
                                Tupou
                                Mitchell
                                Manu
                                Hall
                                Keary
                                Cronk
                                JWH
                                Friend
                                Taukeiaho
                                Cordner
                                Crichton
                                Radley

Tetevano
                                Liu
                                Butcher
                                Aubo
                                If this side runs out for us on GF day I’ll bet no team can beat us, we can only beat ourselves by playing poorly.

Comment

Working...
                                X