Can it be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can it be done?

Could the Roosters pull off the biggest signing coups in history by nabbing the Trbojevic brothers, they both will demand near enough to a million, Cronk frees enough enough for one of them, move on the dud Chrichton, JWHís impending departure to England the home of footy superfunds, we have signed a whole host of up and comers for next to nothing.We have Signed Cronks replacement at a bargain price.Im told Manu wants to return to NZ when his contract is up. We have the cash reserves, Jake for Angus, Tom for Manu easy.

i know they are Manly through and through but winning premierships is something they wonít do at the Eagles

Should we do it ? Can we do it ?

Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Donít need them both. Could do with the middle third brother but not the back.
    didnt think jwh was close to heading to SL?
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Lay off the drugs man.
      I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
        Lay off the drugs man.
        No need for the drugs

think about it, Cronk 1 million, 9 fingers no brain 800 plus, JWH 500 plus, Manu 350 plus, thatís close enough to 2.7 million

we have signed Flanagan upgraded, Sitilli and the Farmer, upgrade to Latrell, Rough Ball Park Figure of 2 million plus 3rd parties left over.

It is not as left field as it first sounds
        Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

They have the third turbo that signed til 2021, dogs will have about 6million free in there cap after next year, if they want to succeed, they should offer them 2.5mil plus of that.

Comment

Unless we're moving on either Latrell or Teddy why would we sign them?

Comment

It would take a monster offer to get them away from Manly.We wouldn't be in a position to offer them any more than Manly will. Tom would have to play centre and we are not gonna go with 2 million dollar centres.Radleys contract upgrades substantially next year and Butcher and Keary will also be looking at significant upgrades when their contracts are up.We could maybe fit Jake in but not both.

Comment

No thanks.

Teddy is our future fullback and a combo of Radley/Butcher will be our future at lock. I see no reason to sign marquee players in those positions.

With any left over money we have I would start locking up a lot of our talent who will be on the open market in 3 months;

- Luke Keary 27yo (due a massive upgrade - will be a million dollar contract if not more due to demand elsewhere.)

- Nat Butcher 22yo (due a big extension, prodigious youngster starting to realise his potential. There will be competition for his signature and a decent pay increase will be required.)

- Jake Friend 29yo (critical to our success, no clear back up option in the ranks can't afford to lose. 4th best dummy half in the game, there will be interest from other clubs trying to rebuild their culture and standards. Will be a slight upgrade on last contract.)

- Joey Manu 23yo (2nd best centre in the game and now a potential fullback option for some clubs. Clubs will be keep driving up Latrell's price to blindside us with a big offer for him. For that reason must be one of the first re-signings)

- Latrell Mitchell 22yo (best centre in the game, our most marketable player since Minichiello. A must re-sign for him. Talks of million dollar contracts are normal media hype but he will cost us a lot to retain.)

- Siosiua Taukeiaho 27yo (The best prop in the game at the moment, due a massive upgrade. Only just hit 100 games has plenty of footy in front of him. Arguably the most influential middle after Taumalolo, wouldn't be surpised if opposition clubs offer ridiculous money for him.)

- Jared Warea Hargreaves 30yo (Suggestions of him looking to settle is ridiculous imo. He's going as good as he ever has. His experience and influence on our next gen and passion for the club is not something we should let go. He may not even ask for an upgrade on his contract but I think it's vital that we re-sign.)

That's where the money should be going.

Comment

I'd take them but don't think that we could fit them in. It would be more appealing if Tommy was a half, but I doubt that we would/could pay him and Lats $1mill each to play centres.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

No need for the drugs

think about it, Cronk 1 million, 9 fingers no brain 800 plus, JWH 500 plus, Manu 350 plus, thatís close enough to 2.7 million

we have signed Flanagan upgraded, Sitilli and the Farmer, upgrade to Latrell, Rough Ball Park Figure of 2 million plus 3rd parties left over.

It is not as left field as it first sounds
                    mickey has probably stolen them all anyway. Your accounting is great but as others have said, we donít need them and could use the funds to keep and develop what we already have. No point trying to fix what isnít broke.

I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                      No thanks.

Teddy is our future fullback and a combo of Radley/Butcher will be our future at lock. I see no reason to sign marquee players in those positions.

With any left over money we have I would start locking up a lot of our talent who will be on the open market in 3 months;

- Luke Keary 27yo (due a massive upgrade - will be a million dollar contract if not more due to demand elsewhere.)

- Nat Butcher 22yo (due a big extension, prodigious youngster starting to realise his potential. There will be competition for his signature and a decent pay increase will be required.)

- Jake Friend 29yo (critical to our success, no clear back up option in the ranks can't afford to lose. 4th best dummy half in the game, there will be interest from other clubs trying to rebuild their culture and standards. Will be a slight upgrade on last contract.)

- Joey Manu 23yo (2nd best centre in the game and now a potential fullback option for some clubs. Clubs will be keep driving up Latrell's price to blindside us with a big offer for him. For that reason must be one of the first re-signings)

- Latrell Mitchell 22yo (best centre in the game, our most marketable player since Minichiello. A must re-sign for him. Talks of million dollar contracts are normal media hype but he will cost us a lot to retain.)

- Siosiua Taukeiaho 27yo (The best prop in the game at the moment, due a massive upgrade. Only just hit 100 games has plenty of footy in front of him. Arguably the most influential middle after Taumalolo, wouldn't be surpised if opposition clubs offer ridiculous money for him.)

- Jared Warea Hargreaves 30yo (Suggestions of him looking to settle is ridiculous imo. He's going as good as he ever has. His experience and influence on our next gen and passion for the club is not something we should let go. He may not even ask for an upgrade on his contract but I think it's vital that we re-sign.)

That's where the money should be going.
                      Agree

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                        Could the Roosters pull off the biggest signing coups in history by nabbing the Trbojevic brothers, they both will demand near enough to a million, Cronk frees enough enough for one of them, move on the dud Chrichton, JWHís impending departure to England the home of footy superfunds, we have signed a whole host of up and comers for next to nothing.We have Signed Cronks replacement at a bargain price.Im told Manu wants to return to NZ when his contract is up. We have the cash reserves, Jake for Angus, Tom for Manu easy.

i know they are Manly through and through but winning premierships is something they wonít do at the Eagles

Should we do it ? Can we do it ?
                        If you look up the meaning of Manly in the dictionary you will see a photo of Jake &Tom Trbojevic. Nil chance of joining any other club but Manly even if it means taking unders.

Comment

No. Not interested.
                          My friend keeps saying "Cheer up mate it could be worse. You could be stuck underground in a hole full of water". I know he means well.

Comment

They will never leave manly. They also help out other junior clubs in the area. I live in the area. Won't happen.

Comment

I cannot help but like these guys. They seem Manly boys through and through. I canít see them playing for another club. The Stewart brothers were good. These two are even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X