Tonights game..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights game..........

I'm sure that when we are back to full strength no team will touch us. We have been playing undermanned for quite a while and tonight it really showed. Storm won tonight but we'll win the one that matters.

Gus just said we will win it by a country mile , so much for him being anti roosters.

Comment

I worry that with so many recent loses we are developing some bad habits. You can't just switch it on when you want to. We will need to build some momentum and work on some basics heading into the finals or we could quite easily get found out.

Comment

Agree 100% R6. Add to that momentum is massive in league, and barring the dogs game (let's face it that game hardly counts) we probably haven't had it together since the 1st half of the raiders game in round 9

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
          Gus just said we will win it by a country mile , so much for him being anti roosters.
          Kiss of death if ever i saw one. Not that I disagree with him, maybe not "comfortably" though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            I worry that with so many recent loses we are developing some bad habits. You can't just switch it on when you want to. We will need to build some momentum and work on some basics heading into the finals or we could quite easily get found out.
            Think it is very hard to build momentum during the origin period, there are 9 rounds left after the last origin, plenty of time for momentum.

Comment

I felt we always had something in reserve. Storm played very well. Probably 90% capacity. We were around 75%. Our D was very good. Our attack not so much.

Comment

I feel for players like Toops. He gave his all tonight and was one of our best, the disappointment in his face after Bmoz butchered the try was telling

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
                  I feel for players like Toops. He gave his all tonight and was one of our best, the disappointment in his face after Bmoz butchered the try was telling
                  Tupou is our guy.. best try celebrator
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
                    Bmoz has got to get a rocket for that...and then we all move on. No "she'll be right mate".

Inexcusable at professional level.

Comment

It’s disappointing because we are one of the only teams that can beat the storm and chop down that big lead they have on the ladder . All the other teams are too shit to do that

looks like storm are definitely coming 1st this season. Hard to see anyone closing that 3 game gap

Comment

To not be at full strength, to have Lattrell miss a conversion on his better side, to have referee smith step off the mark and earn his team a (rare) penalty in front of the posts, to have crichton be dispossessed twice, to have Poasa make two consecutive mistakes, well, with all that, it is still a bitter pill the Roosters losing that game.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Plus Cordner dropping it
                          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                            To not be at full strength, to have Lattrell miss a conversion on his better side, to have referee smith step off the mark and earn his team a (rare) penalty in front of the posts, to have crichton be dispossessed twice, to have Poasa make two consecutive mistakes, well, with all that, it is still a bitter pill the Roosters losing that game.
                            Praise be
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

After Round 16 last year we were 6th and 6 points off the top.

The Storm might just scrape in the minor premiership but they have a much tougher run than us and they have played well against crappier teams.

They play the Dragons next week without their origin players, Sharks, Manly twice, Souths, Canberra plus the Broncos and Titans away. None are gimme games.

Storm were practically at full strength tonight and had nothing at the end. It wasn't their defence that beat us, it was our execution that beat us. The lucky try at the end of the first half, a milked penalty and we bombed at least three certainties if we pass or catch a ball. We had nearly 50% completions in the second half. I am sure they are nervous of what's to come.

Look at Robbo;s reaction at the presser when someone asks him whether the Storm are the front runners.

Too may are reading into our recent losses. We do it every year. We did it each time we won the minor premiership.

The only thing that can beat us is injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X