No announcement yet.

Tonights game..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd half where morris should have passed the ball to 2poo but dummied instead. He slams the ball behind him on the ground and then the ball goes forward.Play on as the ball went backwards. then off a melbouring.player should be a drop out. Cords catches the ball try.
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

Bellamy is the master of it all.
      I just want to see a time when the Storm are penalised for every piece of filth they perpetrate before Smith retires. To see them humiliated and exposed for what they are
      We had some penalties but we could have had 30 of them. Their holding down and wrestling in the ruck is a blight on the game and they save the worst for us.
      Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 06-29-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

The Vunavalu stomp on Cordner's hand. Asofa-Solomona also stomp on JWH in first game ...seems to be the latest Storm trait. New dance craze ..."The Storm Stomp"

Vunavalu is fastly becoming a dirty grub too ...how many times have you seen him come from behind and grab a player around the throat ..much like wrestling sleeper hold. He did more than once in GF, when we played them in Adelaide last year. From memory he also got penalised for wildly kicking out in Adelaide 2 years ago ..I think Connor Watson was on receiving end of the grub that night

Comment

Yep, the penalty count was 8-3 but should have been 15-3.

Melbourne knew that as soon as we reached the refs pre determined quota that they'd stop blowing the whistle; thus giving them carte blanche in the final 50 minutes to hold down at will in the ruck.

The dirty, twisting, stomping grubs are a blight on the game.

They're also pretenders in 2019 imo. We'll whoop them but even the Rabbits and Sharks have gears to go to that the Storm don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Robbo has proved year after year that he is the master of the run towards the finals. Itís all good.

And I canít wait for Smith to retire. Heís a scumbag.
            I love Robbo but not sure you can call him the master. Didn't quite master it in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. 2 out of 6 does not make you a master.
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              I love Robbo but not sure you can call him the master. Didn't quite master it in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. 2 out of 6 does not make you a master.
              I did say towards the finals.

We fell a game or so short a few of those years but we came from nowhere to win the MP on a couple of them.

Comment

Storm celebrated like they'd won a GF, we've got them covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  The Vunavalu stomp on Cordner's hand. Asofa-Solomona also stomp on JWH in first game ...seems to be the latest Storm trait. New dance craze ..."The Storm Stomp"

Vunavalu is fastly becoming a dirty grub too ...how many times have you seen him come from behind and grab a player around the throat ..much like wrestling sleeper hold. He did more than once in GF, when we played them in Adelaide last year. From memory he also got penalised for wildly kicking out in Adelaide 2 years ago ..I think Connor Watson was on receiving end of the grub that night
                  It was in Melbourne 2 years ago it was a flying karate kick and Cordner was involved in the tackle cant remember if it was Watson as well I remember when it happened I was so wishing they stood up caught him and dropped him back on his head Cant blame them though for backing up a bit to protect themself through
                  Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
                  Haile Selassie

Comment

The comment I made about Bellamy is because I don't rate him as a coach. I have heard from recent ex players that a lot of players would never play for him, Its his decision to use the tactics they do and his is game plan that is a blight on the game. Do his wins make him a great coach, no, but the way his teams win make him a bad coach in my books.

I had a laugh today when the Knights player was sinned binned. Imagine if that ref had reffed Melbourne like that, they would be down to 3 players on the field
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                      What do you expect him to win 6 out of 6
                      Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
                      Haile Selassie

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

What do you expect him to win 6 out of 6
                        That wasn't my point but if you want to interpret it like that then good luck to you.

Comment

Second half defensive effort was something to build the business end of the reason off. All that matters is post Origin. You just have to have kept yourself yourself within reach by August, then it gets real. Our line defence in the second half was the first time I've seen anything resembling what won us the premiership last year. Robbo said as much too.

On a superstitious level, I also prefer not to have beaten the Storm twice in the regular season. That kind of leaves you open to be ambushed in the Finals.

Personally I'm happy with Friday's loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                            Second half defensive effort was something to build the business end of the reason off. All that matters is post Origin. You just have to have kept yourself yourself within reach by August, then it gets real. Our line defence in the second half was the first time I've seen anything resembling what won us the premiership last year. Robbo said as much too.

On a superstitious level, I also prefer not to have beaten the Storm twice in the regular season. That kind of leaves you open to be ambushed in the Finals.

We beat Manly 5 times in 2013.

It can also have an affect on the opposition. Self doubt is powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

I'm hearing you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                                Storm celebrated like they'd won a GF, we've got them covered.
                                That's assuming we have Friend, Keary, JWH all others on deck.

Comment

Working...
                                X