Who do you go for in Origin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    Was a blatant penalty try. Hick Chambers nearly got there even with the interference. Had to be awarded.
    If Sutton needed to refer a try that he thought would be scored, that didn’t even get grounded in goal.. well.. ..
    it goes against what was the criteria when I played

Hick Chambers could’ve fumbled it, knocked it on, tripped over prior to getting there.. Dylan Napa Origin I
    Last edited by The Skeez; 06-24-2019, 12:12 AM.
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Napa really is Tits On A Bull.
      I’d play Collins before Napa. Offers intimidation but that’s it.

Comment

Toab
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Anybody hear Gus post match claiming he always saw Wighton as a left centre and waxing lyrical about how HE always knew he was a left centre. Is he basically claiming credit for selecting Wighton there and not Freddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Was a blatant penalty try. Hick Chambers nearly got there even with the interference. Had to be awarded.
            No way I would have given a penalty try for that. The fact Chambers knocked it on anyway when he eventually touched it sows the seed of doubt that he would have scored even if unimpeded.

38-0 should have been...nice scoreline!

Comment

Here's the penalty try rule:

Penalty Try Further, if circumstances warrant it: ‘The Referee (or Review Officials) may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred.’ Section 6 (3) (d)

That's the rule. Nothing about "100 % certain" or "no doubt whatsoever".

Lots and lots of ignorance persists about this. Obviously you can never have "no doubt whatsoever" or "100% certainty" (as fat idiot Vautin said). You never know if somebody would have dropped the ball, had a stroke or been hit by a meteorite before grounding the ball.

But as the rule is, it sounds like it's interpreted as a "more likely than not" scenario. As it should be. You shouldn't be giving the benefit of the doubt to the side trying to cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                Here's the penalty try rule:

Penalty Try Further, if circumstances warrant it: ‘The Referee (or Review Officials) may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred.’ Section 6 (3) (d)

That's the rule. Nothing about "100 % certain" or "no doubt whatsoever".

Lots and lots of ignorance persists about this. Obviously you can never have "no doubt whatsoever" or "100% certainty" (as fat idiot Vautin said). You never know if somebody would have dropped the ball, had a stroke or been hit by a meteorite before grounding the ball.

But as the rule is, it sounds like it's interpreted as a "more likely than not" scenario. As it should be. You shouldn't be giving the benefit of the doubt to the side trying to cheat.
                "In his opinion"....so there is an acknowledgement of discretion and subjectivity in the rule.

Therefore I would have used his eventual unclean grounding /gathering of the ball as 'evidence' to help me make my decision of No Try.

It's all 'opinion'.

Comment

Great to see Freddy fully vindicated with his tactics and selections. He really had this side revved up and it just shows what a team can do when fully motivated and playing to their full potential. That was one of the fittest and fastest combinations to represent our state. We have to be proud of all of them. They were 100% committed and boy it showed. I loved every minute of it.

And welcome back the man who should have never left as he proves it time and time again. My MOM James Maloney closely followed by the two Teddy's and Tommy T. But seriously couldn't we see this coming after all the overblown hysteria about Freddy's choice. NSW is HIS passion and it's always team before individual. Luckily all the negative talk didn't deter them on iota.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

No way I would have given a penalty try for that. The fact Chambers knocked it on anyway when he eventually touched it sows the seed of doubt that he would have scored even if unimpeded.

38-0 should have been...nice scoreline!
                    Thirteen is definitely correct, as he 'usually' is. If Chambers wasn't impeded, he wouldn't have had to desperately dive at the ball and try to bring it back into the field of play. He would have just been able to fall on top of the ball, worst case with his torso.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Thirteen is definitely correct, as he 'usually' is. If Chambers wasn't impeded, he wouldn't have had to desperately dive at the ball and try to bring it back into the field of play. He would have just been able to fall on top of the ball, worst case with his torso.
                      Clutching at straws.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Clutching at straws.
                        It's common sense, I get that you probably never played football, so don't understand these sort of nuances.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                          Anybody hear Gus post match claiming he always saw Wighton as a left centre and waxing lyrical about how HE always knew he was a left centre. Is he basically claiming credit for selecting Wighton there and not Freddy?
                          Actually he did say all of that prior to Origin 1. He was saying it from the start of the season and would have picked him in the centres all along. I think Gus would have been thinking more right than left. But from where I saw SOOII Tommy T played left edge, along with his license to roam. Great coaching by Freddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Actually he did say all of that prior to Origin 1. He was saying it from the start of the season and would have picked him in the centres all along. I think Gus would have been thinking more right than left. But from where I saw SOOII Tommy T played left edge, along with his license to roam. Great coaching by Freddy.
                            Thanks Louis. I try to avoid listening to Gus as much as I can as he does waffle on and on and loves an "I told you so'. I wasn't aware he was gunning for Wighton in the centres before SOO1. Last night he was definitely doing an 'I told you so' about Wighton. He was talking about how he always saw Wighton as left centre - definitely left becasue he was explaining how he plays predominently on the left for the Raiders at five-eighth. But as you say Tommy Turbo played left last night. So I guess it was a part 'I told you so'!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

It's common sense, I get that you probably never played football, so don't understand these sort of nuances.
                              Whoa...this cat dunno me and sure as hell don't like me!

You ain't getting my cv, but it's sort of obvious I've likely forgotten more about RL than you ever knew.

Dopey little shit.

Cockadoodlepoo.

Comment

Working...
                              X