Bulldogs reportedly offer Latrell 10yr $11 million contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horry View Post
    This bulldogs offer was spoken about on The Kennel Bulldogs forum about 9 days ago. Early last week. Bulldogs mates were telling me. Suprised it took them this long to regurgitate it.
    This. https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/i...tchell.113184/

League journos are a collection of pathetic.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Based on what?
      Age. Level of maturity. Family influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
        We survived when half our team left at the end of 82.

We survived when Freeman left.

We ended up with a better player when Roger left.

We would more than survive Latrell leaving.
        Sounds like you are resigned to the fact.

Comment

The dogs can offer him the whole of lakemba, it won't matter.

I said it before the season started, he will play out his career as a rooster.

Comment

So, speaking legally:

If Latrell were to sign the alleged Dogs offer …$11m , 10 yr contract....and say in year 2 he were to contract an illness that would prevent his ever playing footy again...would he still get the $11m?

Or some other career-ending injury,,,,, would he still get the $11m?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Sounds like you are resigned to the fact.
              I think more likely he will stay but if he does go I will be ok with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I think more likely he will stay but if he does go I will be ok with it.
                BS JT. You will cry like a baby for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                  One player not mentioned is Manu! Did you see how he filled in at fullback? Star performance at his only go in the position. He is a centre who can fill in at FB, I doubt Lattrell can carry the work of a FB for the full 80 minutes. Manu can be just as damaging as Lattrell given the opportunity.
                  Not saying let Lattrell go, but if he wants to go to secure his and his family’s financial future, then I say good luck and thank you for services provided, and I had hoped you’d finish your career as a one man club and a rooster legend.
                  Joey did a very good job, but playing fullback week in week out is a tough gig.

Just because you played the position in the juniors doesn't mean you have what it takes to do it in the NRL.
                  Latrell struggles with fitness playing centre, good luck with playing fullback full-time.

People often overlook what is required in defense when playing fullback. Ponga is all the talk, yes he is a great player, but not necessarily a great fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

BS JT. You will cry like a baby for weeks.
                    No mate. I will be happy we didn't get into a bidding war and screw up our cap. To get that kind of money you have to be a superstar AND spine player.

Comment

I spoke to him after the game on Sunday & he told me he is staying at the Chooks or otherwise he will go to Souths.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                        So, speaking legally:
                        m
                        If Latrell were to sign the alleged Dogs offer …$11m , 10 yr contract....and say in year 2 he were to contract an illness that would prevent his ever playing footy again...would he still get the $11m?

I think there would be safeguards in the contract to protect the player and also the club that are within reason.

It would be highly unlikely that the Bulldogs would allow for a scenario like that to happen in which they would owe Latrell effectively $9m for a situation that is completely outside of their control. Therefore, I would say he probably wouldn't get that figure as it is probably stipulated in the contract that he would get paid $x amount of dollars after a period of time e.g a third of a year, and a total amount per year. So in the years in which he is unable to perform his contract he probably wouldn't be paid unless he has some form income protection insurance in in which case the liability rests with the insurer/underwriter and even then an insurer would only pay a percentage of that amount for a fixed period of time.
                        Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                          Whoever signs Latrell would want to sign Trent Robinson first.......i cant see anyone else managing him better than Robbo.

Players will come and go but Robbo will never coach at another club. Whoever leaves Robbo will replace with someone who he will make better.....eg Teddy for RTS
                          Up grade Manu and play him on the left!

The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                            So, speaking legally:

250k per Cruciate Ligament, per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

Joey did a very good job, but playing fullback week in week out is a tough gig.

Just because you played the position in the juniors doesn't mean you have what it takes to do it in the NRL.
                              Latrell struggles with fitness playing centre, good luck with playing fullback full-time.

People often overlook what is required in defense when playing fullback. Ponga is all the talk, yes he is a great player, but not necessarily a great fullback.
                              Everyone seems to have forgotten in Latrells a first season in first grade as an 18 year old kid for us he played fullback for something like 18 games and was touted a future superstar. Most thought with another year or two in the role he would be the best in the game.

Why now now do some doubt he could play the position when as an 18yr old with no experience in grade he did a great job of it? He would be an absolute weapon at fullback. The only concern with latrell playing anywhere is where his head is at sometimes and if he is playing at the club he wants and the position he wants then his head will be in the best place it could be.
                              Last edited by The Lip; 06-20-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Everyone seems to have forgotten in Latrells a first season in first grade as an 18 year old kid for us he played fullback for something like 18 games and was touted a future superstar. Most thought with another year or two in the role he would be the best in the game.

Why now now do some doubt he could play the position when as an 18yr old with no experience in grade he did a great job of it? He would be an absolute weapon at fullback. The only concern with latrell playing anywhere is where his head is at sometimes and if he is playing at the club he wants and the position he wants then his head will be in the best place it could be.
                                He'd be a great fullback. Most people on here just talk out of their arses.

Comment

Working...
                                X