Bulldogs reportedly offer Latrell 10yr $11 million contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
    I think he'll take the deal , he would have signed the upgrade and extension if he was going to stay . Might explain his lacklustre efforts lately if he has had this offer on his mind. It's an awful lot of money and a very lengthy contact.
    His mother has revealed; Latrell has recently lost 2 aunties, a cousin, and a great uncle. His brother is also being charged with assault [after racial abuse] and will be in court.
    His brother could end up in prison.

A lot for Latrell to cope with.
    He has been brilliant all season for us.

Give him Cronk's money starting next season...and give the money Latrell's on this season to another/others.
    No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
      The SMH is running with a 5yr $5 million offer from the Bulldogs for Latrell.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bul...18-p51yz1.html
      No worries, we can match that...just give him Cronk's money.
      No need for round table conferences.

Comment

Latrell can have a long, productive and well paid career if he stays with the Chooks. He could probably get a deal with a bigger pay packet at another club ie: the Dogs. That would give him long term financial security but won’t guarantee him success on the field or happiness in his footy which he has now at the Chooks.
        There are quite a few players in our team who have stayed with us when offered more money to go elsewhere. It’s not always about money. It won’t matter how much he is earning if he’s not enjoying his footy playing for a team that expects bang for their bucks every week out of him. A lot of what makes Latrell a star are the players around him. Toops made his first try on Sunday. Luke Keary gets him early ball to give him space to be able to shine. Latrell is one player who has really struggled without Keary next to him.
        He is happy at the Chooks and he is taken care of. Especially in challenging times like he is experiencing now. If he and his family can’t see the benefit in that over money then he will probably leave. I don’t think that will happen though. I think even though he has been put through the wringer over the last month, he has had a huge amount of support from our club, coach, chairman, staff and fellow players. Don’t kid yourself and think that won’t count when he has to decide his future. It will. It’s not always about the money.

Comment

Latrell can have a long, productive and well paid career if he stays with the Chooks. He could probably get a deal with a bigger pay packet at another club ie: the Dogs. That would give him long term financial security but won’t guarantee him success on the field or happiness in his footy which he has now at the Chooks.
          There are quite a few players in our team who have stayed with us when offered more money to go elsewhere. It’s not always about money. It won’t matter how much he is earning if he’s not enjoying his footy playing for a team that expects bang for their bucks every week out of him. A lot of what makes Latrell a star are the players around him. Toops made his first try on Sunday. Luke Keary gets him early ball to give him space to be able to shine. Latrell is one player who has really struggled without Keary next to him.
          He is happy at the Chooks and he is taken care of. Especially in challenging times like he is experiencing now. If he and his family can’t see the benefit in that over money then he will probably leave. I don’t think that will happen though. I think even though he has been put through the wringer over the last month, he has had a huge amount of support from our club, coach, chairman, staff and fellow players. Don’t kid yourself and think that won’t count when he has to decide his future. It will. It’s not always about the money.

Comment

Comment

Sorry. Didn’t mean for that to post 3 times.

Comment

Am I wrong but I was of the belief that rival clubs could not negotiate with latrell until after November?

Comment

How much are Bulldogs offering for Jack Wighton?

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

I resent that because I followed Easts when they didn’t win a game in 1966. I’m entitled to my opinion without being intimidated. I’m a rooster fan through and through. Lay off or I’ll have to report you. I’ve even got club membership so just lay off will you.
                    Wow, that must have been a really tough year. 09 when we won the wooden spoon was tough being an easts fan

Comment

Good luck to him and the people that are advising him that money is the way to a bright future and happy life. Roosters won't get in a bidding war, Nick is too smart for that.

Comment

Originally posted by can'tkeepagoodcoqdown View Post
                        Am I wrong but I was of the belief that rival clubs could not negotiate with latrell until after November?
                        They can talk to him and put forward offers. Nothing can be signed and made official until November 1.

Comment

There's a real lack of stability at the Dogs right from the top down, they're going to have to offer a lot more than a million a season to land any world class talent.

I don't think they're genuine competition for Latrell's signature... there will be genuine competition no doubt but the Dogs aren't it.

Comment

Whoever signs Latrell would want to sign Trent Robinson first.......i cant see anyone else managing him better than Robbo.

Players will come and go but Robbo will never coach at another club. Whoever leaves Robbo will replace with someone who he will make better.....eg Teddy for RTS

Comment

One player not mentioned is Manu! Did you see how he filled in at fullback? Star performance at his only go in the position. He is a centre who can fill in at FB, I doubt Lattrell can carry the work of a FB for the full 80 minutes. Manu can be just as damaging as Lattrell given the opportunity.
                              Not saying let Lattrell go, but if he wants to go to secure his and his family’s financial future, then I say good luck and thank you for services provided, and I had hoped you’d finish your career as a one man club and a rooster legend.

Comment

One player not mentioned is Manu! Did you see how he filled in at fullback? Star performance at his only go in the position. He is a centre who can fill in at FB, I doubt Lattrell can carry the work of a FB for the full 80 minutes. Manu can be just as damaging as Lattrell given the opportunity.
                                Not saying let Lattrell go, but if he wants to go to secure his and his family’s financial future, then I say good luck and thank you for services provided, and I had hoped you’d finish your career as a one man club and a rooster legend.

Comment

Working...
                                X