Butcher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butcher

Geez this kid has impressed me this year. He has taken longer than most thought to play consistent NRL but it has been worth the wait with more improvement to come. That try he set up today was very good, he is the ball playing forward we need.

but if you listened to the experts on here you'd know he was too small for first grade

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
      but if you listened to the experts on here you'd know he was too small for first grade
      Same ones who reckoned Ryan Hall was a dud because he is too big.

Always been a Butcher fan. Plays with his head and a real V8.

Comment

Yeah i think i mentioned before its a sign of the times when a 6ft 97kg forward is " too small". I agree he is improving every game. Im particularly impressed with his defence- he goes in hard and rarely drops off.
        I think he has truly cemented a spot in first grade. Well done to him and the coaching team for not rushing him.

Comment

Taken longer? He's only 21.

He's performing to a ridiculously high standard, with composure well beyond his years.

As others have mentioned plenty of humble pie to go around for this guy. Plenty had written him off before even giving him a chance.

Comment

I am with R6 on this too.. How has it taken him too long? For a middle he is actually developing fairly quickly. I don't even think Paul Gallen, whom he has been compared to, was playing first grade at this stage. Apart from his running and his offloading, which is beginning to surface with confidence, he made 48 tackles today. The guy has the ability to turn into an 80 minute Lock, the only problem is Radley's best position is also Lock. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the long run.

Comment

I won't rub that into Thirteen again, after all he complained all last season how SST was not a front rower and previously how Isaac Liu was not a first grader because he didn't get angry enough. Happy to rub those in lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                I am with R6 on this too.. How has it taken him too long? For a middle he is actually developing fairly quickly. I don't even think Paul Gallen, whom he has been compared to, was playing first grade at this stage. Apart from his running and his offloading, which is beginning to surface with confidence, he made 48 tackles today. The guy has the ability to turn into an 80 minute Lock, the only problem is Radley's best position is also Lock. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the long run.
                Maybe Radley will be the long term successor to Friend as a hooker if he can play consistently in the role for 80

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post

Maybe Radley will be the long term successor to Friend as a hooker if he can play consistently in the role for 80
                  then what do we do about young sam verrills who has beenimpressive last couple of games

Comment

How good was the dogs 9. Hes an elusive little sh1t around the ruck.

butcher Rads. Hutch and manu awsome footy to watch
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Him or Sitili?

Not a bad problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        Him or Sitili?

Definitely Butcher as his defence is much more dependable at this stage.

Also imo it's no longer Butcher or Sitili, but rather Sitili or Tetevano.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                          Him or Sitili?

At full strength I think you have to start putting Tetevano into that equation.

Full strength is a mythical fairy tale though.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Same ones who reckoned Ryan Hall was a dud because he is too big.

Always been a Butcher fan. Plays with his head and a real V8.
                            Hall wasn't great against the Doggies IMO. Lotsa fumble fingers and he runs backwards/sideways way too much. Maybe he's used to being able to run around weaker defences in England or something?

Butcher was alright! Had that one run where he setup a try... looked good.

Comment

Butcher is a first grader. Plays with solid attack and defence.
                              Sitiili is an impact player, deserves a bench spot
                              Tetevano is a rotation prop. Is there to punch holes in the middle.
                              Hall is a bustling runner. Good post contact metres. Will only get better the more he plays. Already a 400 gamer
                              Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Working...
                              X