Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    My thoughts;

Cronk has been off the pace to start the year, looked gassed after 15mins. Just nothing coming off him in attack, right edge has been non existent.

Hutchinson's pass selection and ability to play into the line is non existent as it was in his Dragons days. Not the solution.

Both halves not up to scratch today. The best ball playing came from Radley and Tedesco. It's got to be a huge concern over the next month of footy until Keary returns and then Friend a month after that.

I think Tetevano's number is up, has given us some good service and will still offer something off the bench this year but I wouldn't be re-signing.

Butcher and Radley both excellent today. Exciting to see two future leaders standing up and really busting a gut until the end. Very happy with Radley back at lock!

Sam Verrills, well done. 80mins in only your second game. Clearly gassed at the end there but his service was crisp, out in front. Marked improvement out of dummy half this week.

I forgive Teddy for that last try, poor bloke looked out of it at the end. Started the game so spritley but crashed like a 6 year who demolished a case of red bulls. He'll he could shit in my Mum's purse and I'd forgive him. Love the guy.

SST. Beast. Carrying too much workload these days to be kicking as well, time to find another back up Robbo.

Ryan Hall.... solid. Defused the kicks that came his way, carried well and no errors of note that I can remember. Would like to see him get on his front for a quicker play the ball but solid.

Collins... so much potential just no attention to detail. Again came on a million miles an hour, made a great break and then putting the ball on the markers foot. Arggghhhh!!!
    Good summary. Much more impressed with Verrills out there at dummy half compared to Rads. Was nice seeing Rads running and ball playing ability on the edges again

I have to say that in the first 10 min, we already looked beat. Penrith had a lot more intensity and effort. They simply wanted it more

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Well if he doesn't shape up we can always appoint you and Cockadoodlepoo as co-coaches.
      Huh?
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

My thoughts;

Cronk has been off the pace to start the year, looked gassed after 15mins. Just nothing coming off him in attack, right edge has been non existent.

Hutchinson's pass selection and ability to play into the line is non existent as it was in his Dragons days. Not the solution.

Both halves not up to scratch today. The best ball playing came from Radley and Tedesco. It's got to be a huge concern over the next month of footy until Keary returns and then Friend a month after that.

I think Tetevano's number is up, has given us some good service and will still offer something off the bench this year but I wouldn't be re-signing.

Butcher and Radley both excellent today. Exciting to see two future leaders standing up and really busting a gut until the end. Very happy with Radley back at lock!

Sam Verrills, well done. 80mins in only your second game. Clearly gassed at the end there but his service was crisp, out in front. Marked improvement out of dummy half this week.

I forgive Teddy for that last try, poor bloke looked out of it at the end. Started the game so spritley but crashed like a 6 year who demolished a case of red bulls. He'll he could shit in my Mum's purse and I'd forgive him. Love the guy.

SST. Beast. Carrying too much workload these days to be kicking as well, time to find another back up Robbo.

Ryan Hall.... solid. Defused the kicks that came his way, carried well and no errors of note that I can remember. Would like to see him get on his front for a quicker play the ball but solid.

Collins... so much potential just no attention to detail. Again came on a million miles an hour, made a great break and then putting the ball on the markers foot. Arggghhhh!!!
        Hate to bag Cronk after what he did for us last year..but unfortunately he has been poor this year. He just seems out of sorts..not setting anyone up,not taking the line on and is pushing the pass when it’s not on. In his defence he is coming back from a major injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          It's also worth noting that 3 games in a row the opposition have played their best match of the season BY FAR against us.

Brisbane. Newcastle. Penrith. All played like it was their GF. Perhaps we should be honoured?

It'll be nice to finally have a home game after a run of Suncorp-Suncorp-Newcastle-Penrith. Geez that's savage given our injuries as well.

I'm not pissed we lost; but more that it felt utterly inevitable as soon as I saw who we would be missing.
          I’ve just realised this.. when’s the last time a team has played 4 away games in a row?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Good stuff mate.

Hey I noticed some resemblance between you and Hutch watching him today. Are youse related?
            I reckon I'm a better looker than him but yes I can see why you think that.

Comment

My thoughts;

Actually I noticed that Cooper was really sucking in the big ones with his hands on his hips just 12 minutes in.

Comment

• Sitting third on the ladder leaves us well placed. A couple of wins and we're back on track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I reckon I'm a better looker than him but yes I can see why you think that.
                  How much are those tickets you’re selling?

Comment

• Cronk doing the work of two, having to set up plays on the left and right. Also, was our best defender on the right today, which shouldn’t be the half back’s job. He’s still a class above all of these other plodders. Don’t write him off yet. The year has quite a bit to go yet, and no other team is dominating. We are still in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Was on the wrong side. Had to use the opposite shoulder to what he is use to using. Completely different skill.
                      Whose bright idea was that?
                      Completely different result...and not in a good way.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                        Sitting third on the ladder leaves us well placed. A couple of wins and we're back on track.
                        If we don't beat the Dogs we're finished for the season...that's how important this game is.
                        Who are we going to beat with the team that played the Panthers?
                        Answer: No one.
                        That 'million miles an hour' footy Collins etc try to play is ridiculous. All it does is lead to mistakes.
                        They scored from Collins play the ball mistake...and they scored from Liu's dropped ball.
                        Other teams have gotten bigger ...while our team has gotten smaller.
                        Panthers just ran thru and over us like we weren't even there.
                        Small teams lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

If we don't beat the Dogs we're finished for the season...that's how important this game is.
                          What feckin hyperbole. It would be embarrassing if we lost, but this singular round 14 game definitely doesn’t determine if we are finished. Is this quote your official audition to replace Queen Salvo?
                          EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Who are we going to beat with the team that played the Panthers?
                            Answer: No one.
                            That 'million miles an hour' footy Collins etc try to play is ridiculous. All it does is lead to mistakes.
                            They scored from Collins play the ball mistake...and they scored from Liu's dropped ball.
                            Other teams have gotten bigger ...while our team has gotten smaller.
                            Panthers just ran thru and over us like we weren't even there.
                            Small teams lose.
                            You can’t be serious. At some point we will have our team
                            back. You really are taking this loss harshly Bondi Boy. You are so quick to write us off.

Comment

Whose bright idea was that?
                              Completely different result...and not in a good way.
                              Cords is always left and they weren’t going to shift him. Kikau owned our poor Sitili.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
                                Sitting third on the ladder leaves us well placed. A couple of wins and we're back on track.
                                And that's why resting 2 from this game , i believe, was stupid. We needed a win after 2 big losses. Against the dogs we could have rested a couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X