Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts;

Cronk has been off the pace to start the year, looked gassed after 15mins. Just nothing coming off him in attack, right edge has been non existent.

Hutchinson's pass selection and ability to play into the line is non existent as it was in his Dragons days. Not the solution.

Both halves not up to scratch today. The best ball playing came from Radley and Tedesco. It's got to be a huge concern over the next month of footy until Keary returns and then Friend a month after that.

I think Tetevano's number is up, has given us some good service and will still offer something off the bench this year but I wouldn't be re-signing.

Butcher and Radley both excellent today. Exciting to see two future leaders standing up and really busting a gut until the end. Very happy with Radley back at lock!

Sam Verrills, well done. 80mins in only your second game. Clearly gassed at the end there but his service was crisp, out in front. Marked improvement out of dummy half this week.

I forgive Teddy for that last try, poor bloke looked out of it at the end. Started the game so spritley but crashed like a 6 year who demolished a case of red bulls. He'll he could shit in my Mum's purse and I'd forgive him. Love the guy.

SST. Beast. Carrying too much workload these days to be kicking as well, time to find another back up Robbo.

Ryan Hall.... solid. Defused the kicks that came his way, carried well and no errors of note that I can remember. Would like to see him get on his front for a quicker play the ball but solid.

Collins... so much potential just no attention to detail. Again came on a million miles an hour, made a great break and then putting the ball on the markers foot. Arggghhhh!!!

Comment

• And Hutch has only played bit part minutes for the Bears and played 80minutes today and busted his butt. Our forwards weren't dominant enough...again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
        And Hutch has only played bit part minutes for the Bears and played 80minutes today and busted his butt. Our forwards weren't dominant enough...again.
        Effort isn't an issue but as a ball player you need to carry the ball into the line to create space for your outside men. He was too deep all game and it was just too easy for Penrith to defend.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
          is it just me or are we horrible at shutting down offloads which makes us concede easy metres as well as being horrible at actually trying them
          It's not you. We have forgot how to tackle.

Comment

• We need to release Lamb and collins asap.
            Get Flanagan and peachey now.

Comment

• Cronk IMO busted himself all game but he needs Keary to take the load. He can’t do it with different half partners every week much like Manu can’t do it with changing wing partners.

A lot of mistakes and this time we could not overcome.

Someone earlier said that Mitchell was given time off due to having to attend a funeral, but I thought Robbo had said that this time off was planned well in advance... correct me if I’m wrong.

I hope that when we get our injured players and our suspended players back we can get back to what we were doing before we started on this 3 match loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                We need to release Lamb and collins asap.
                Get Flanagan and peachey now.
                Where do you play Peachey?

Comment

• It's also worth noting that 3 games in a row the opposition have played their best match of the season BY FAR against us.

Brisbane. Newcastle. Penrith. All played like it was their GF. Perhaps we should be honoured?

It'll be nice to finally have a home game after a run of Suncorp-Suncorp-Newcastle-Penrith. Geez that's savage given our injuries as well.

I'm not pissed we lost; but more that it felt utterly inevitable as soon as I saw who we would be missing.

Comment

• Collins should be paying the club to play, not the other way around. I can't remember him ever having a good game for us

Comment

• Cant blame the effort. This was a danger game as Vasco said. Maloney ripped us to shreds. Still my favorite non Rooster.
                      All ex Roosters halves play their best against us. Soward in 2010, Pearce and Baloney in consecutive weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Effort isn't an issue but as a ball player you need to carry the ball into the line to create space for your outside men. He was too deep all game and it was just too easy for Penrith to defend.
                        And that would come with game and training time within the top 17...I think . But that's the challenge for Robbo...he probably needs to pick and stick with one of our next-in-line halves. Whoever he thinks can best do the job. Not stick them in as one-offs to become scapegoats for a loss or Chookpen experts.

And you alluded to Coopers relatively ineffectual game and I concur. But again he busted himself in defence and made some important tackles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                          It's also worth noting that 3 games in a row the opposition have played their best match of the season BY FAR against us.

Brisbane. Newcastle. Penrith. All played like it was their GF. Perhaps we should be honoured?

It'll be nice to finally have a home game after a run of Suncorp-Suncorp-Newcastle-Penrith. Geez that's savage given our injuries as well.

I'm not pissed we lost; but more that it felt utterly inevitable as soon as I saw who we would be missing.
                          Well don’t get used to it as next week is our only Sydney home game until round 18. One proper home game between round 8 and round 17 is ridiculous!

Comment

• It was a valiant effort tonight by a depleted team. We did well to hold them off from making the score line a landslide
                            EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• That was a loss that cost very little, and blooded a couple of new players to the club. Verrills is a must start every week and then a speller for Friend, Hutch didn't embarrass himself and Ryan Hall looks like he stepped out of an off-Broadway production of This Sporting Life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                                It's also worth noting that 3 games in a row the opposition have played their best match of the season BY FAR against us.

I suppose if the dogs play their best against us, I will be happy enough with another loss also, as Robbo will rest teddy, Boyd and probably latrell, with no JWH,friend and keary.

likely we will only drop to 5th after next week, and will still be 6 points clear of 9th. Problem might be if we drop the storm and tigers game with no origin players after that, could very well be our 6th straight loss.

hope to have everybody healthy for the cows “home” game in Gosford, maybe the ying and yang will have us winning 7 straight, then losing 7 straight.

Will then need to win 7 from our last 8 to snare a top 8 spot.

the Dogs match next week is a must Win.

Comment

Working...
                                X