Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
    I still think that centre was offside for that last try from Maloney's kick.

They are def putting in but just not executing as well as they can. I do worry about Hall though he is now getting caught out of position in defense
    He did save 2 tries though, but I do agree. I thought he played well, but his positioning in defence needs to improve
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Resting Cronk against Newcastle could have been a season turning moment. That reshuffle had a domino effect.

Comment

• is it just me or are we horrible at shutting down offloads which makes us concede easy metres as well as being horrible at actually trying them

Comment

• Piss weak. We are gone.
          Crichton wtf?
          Lats needs to sort himself out or leave if thats what he's thinking.
          Aubs is only a bench player now.
          Why pick a frigging winger on the bench and not play him?
          Our hunger is missing.

Comment

• It’s time to panic boys. 3 losses in a row after a bye and against a bottom of the ladder team. Are JWH & Mitchell injured? They have NO excuse not to be playing. Only Keary and Friend have good reasons to be absent. Coach needs to revise our game plan as teams have worked out how to beat us easily. Sin bins are a problem too.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
              It’s time to panic boys. 3 losses in a row after a bye and against a bottom of the ladder team. Are JWH & Mitchell injured? They have NO excuse not to be playing. Only Keary and Friend have good reasons to be absent. Coach needs to revise our game plan as teams have worked out how to beat us easily. Sin bins are a problem too.
              jwh is suspended, mitchell is in taree at a funeral. i am annoyed crichton isnt playing, he did nothing in origin and is getting rested

Comment

• Didnt expect snything less..except in miracles.Our blokes are shot ,never gave up.
                a few more weeks of this i teckon then the comeback starts.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• We weren't too bad considering.

They're at home full strength with two wins. We are half strength and off two losses.

Drew Hutchinson played better than I expected. Defence was good. He can read plays.

Verills got through 80 minutes and looked sharp for most.

Wasn't as much in it either. Had Manu been able to ground over the line etc.

I thought the game change was when we charged upfield only to have Collins do his usual play the ball. He may be out of first grade for a long while after that. Then Manu gets binned and they score etc.

Outside Kikau and Maloney Penrith offer little in attack.

Comment

• i dont think we can afford to lose too many more games, soo still has 2 games to run but will 9impact on 3?

Comment

• All we can hope for is we are getting all the bad injury luck out of the way early this year, we will be a completely different team when hopefully everyone returns for a charge to the finals.

Comment

• The Manu sinbin was an over reaction - but it was a somewhat close call. Overall I can't complain about the refereeing. Numerous times I thought Cummins saw things sympathetic to us. A couple of extremely arsey tries to panthers but they also blew a couple . A fair contest in the end and our reserve grade side was not up to the task. A low point in the season for us injury and performance wise. Panthers got their money's worth out of Maloney tonight. Without him we limp home IMO. On the other hand I detected Cronk's motivation might be fading a little for his last year. But let's wait and see if injuries and unjust suspension allow us to field a genuine first grade side. If so we might still win the comp. Penrith will not.

Comment

• Better team won overall. Probably Maloneys guile and better attacking raids from them the difference. Some great online defence and effort from our boys. Can't knock that.

My highlight probably the big minutes and energy from Verrils in his first starting match. Will only improve. Some glimpses from Joey...hopefully getting back in the groove.

Comment

• Verrills should start every game until Jake is back, he did very well. Rads to 13. Hutchinson was alright, surprisingly and Collins, he shouldn’t see reserve grade again yet alone first grade

Comment

• We handled the rubbish sin bin. Unacceptable drops by Collins and Isaac killed us. Also, Sitili May be an edge back rower but he is shocking in defence there.

Comment

• testing times, we do have a few excuses. im not sure about collins, nor hutchinson, maybe we shouldve persisted with brock lamb. no point mentioning the absence of jwh,friend , keary, latrell they are not there so we have to make do. my main concern is we are getting outmuscled, and out enthused in the middle. not really holding out much hope for next week either.

Comment

Working...
                                X