Robbo not happy with the Fittler comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbo not happy with the Fittler comments

So Robbo called Freddy to voice his displeasure about those comments about Latrell.

That was probably the most upfront I've heard Robbo in a long time on a topic such as that.

He usually keeps it internal and behind closed doors but he didn't hold back. Called the media's stories "a load of crap" and said it had been planned for weeks.

Loved it. Bit of fire and all class as usual.

Comment

im sure you all have read it.....

​​​​​​https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/08/...sues-with-him/

Latrell is a quality young man but he is still very much that-a young man. Robbo knows what makes Latrell tick....and he actually cares for all his players. Latrell is going to be a work in project and we just have to trust that Robbo can bring him through whatever it is thats holding him back. Put it this way.....if Robbo cant do it no one can

Comment

Sensible words from Robbo.

Wouldn't say if Robbo can't do it no one can - Latrell can play. It's not as if Latrell is a basket case or has had a season without any highlights so far. But we like him and he likes us.

Comment

Robbo looked mightily pissed off. Good response and I hope Latrell sees it.

As for Freddy, he’s a great guy and a Roosters legend, but he’s not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Comment

Fire up Robbo. Good stuff. I’m sick of this media crap trying to blame NSW loss on Latrell. Freddy’s comments were extremely disappointing too. I expect better from a Roosters legend.

Comment

Ive got no problem with what Freddy said & I personally think the Roosters are a little disappointed in Latrell, he hasnt played well for a couple of weeks & he didnt play well in SOO 1 but I also have no problem with what Robbo has said. I just hope Latrell comes back & plays good footy for the Chooks the Blues & Australia.

Comment

I absolutely love Robbo ❤️

Comment

We're very fortunate to have Trent as coach.

Comment

Lats was dealing with a sick family member and then their death. That might have an impact on life
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Robbo took the initiative to kill any rumours. He also clearly stated his position and how he handles different players. He made a lot of sense between media and fans expectations and what champions can deliver on a regular basis. And as he had already announced plans to rest players during SOO, he reinforced that point, describring why Latrell was out.

Fittler (and Gould) were disappointed that someone could play so far below potential. I think Fittler was kicking himself for discarding the golden rules he goes by. Don't pick players out of form and don't consider those who have other things, like contracts on their minds. I would not have had Latrell in the side after the Newcastle game. It was a good form guide for SOO. But then imagine the uproar if he was left out. Fittler would have been bashed from pillar to post in the media and on forums etc. IMO it would have been the right call.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Personally I think Fittler is right, as he tells it like it is no b/s. Trent was the only one who could pour water on it. And he did. Now we'll see where it all goes. But something needs fixing.
                      Last edited by Louis N; 06-09-2019, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                        Robbo took the initiative to kill any rumours. He also clearly stated his position and how he handles different players. He made a lot of sense between media and fans expectations and what champions can deliver on a regular basis. And as he had already announced plans to rest players during SOO, he reinforced that point, describring why Latrell was out.

Fittler (and Gould) were disappointed that someone could play so far below potential. I think Fittler was kicking himself for discarding the golden rules he goes by. Don't pick players out of form and don't consider those who have other things, like contracts on their minds. I would not have had Latrell in the side after the Newcastle game. It was a good form guide for SOO. But then imagine the uproar if he was left out. Fittler would have been bashed from pillar to post in the media and on forums etc. IMO it would have been the right call.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Personally I think Fittler is right, as he tells it like it is no b/s. Trent was the only one who could pour water on it. And he did. Now we'll see where it all goes. But something needs fixing.
                        Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Correct. Why did we name Lats on the team sheet, if the plan was to give him the week off in the first place? Wouldn't that have quashed all the trash media talk of awol, etc.
                          I love lats, but all is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Correct. Why did we name Lats on the team sheet, if the plan was to give him the week off in the first place? Wouldn't that have quashed all the trash media talk of awol, etc.
                            Robbo said he named them both Teddy and Lats just in case one got injured but he had always planned on giving Lats the game off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

If you watch Robbo's interview it's all made very clear.

The media will report the more interesting story every time. Facts second.

Comment

Working...
                              X