Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robbo not happy with the Fittler comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
    Robbo looked mightily pissed off. Good response and I hope Latrell sees it.

    As for Freddy, heís a great guy and a Roosters legend, but heís not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Yep.

    In saying that he knows how important he is for his own team. Speeding up his rehabilitation helps his cause too.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

    Comment


    • #17
      Looking at this thread title I have two questions:

      What comments did Fletch make about Fittler, and why was Robbo not happy with them?
      Sco-mo...Sco-mo...Sco-mo...

      Comment


      • #18
        Gus now taking pot shots at the Roosters for their handling of Latrell Mitchell.

        https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/sta...017034282e5e9b

        Comment


        • #19
          If you canít get yourself up,for a game of origin you should net be there.
          we all love Latrell but he canít dish up a performance like that on THAT stage.
          Bothe Freddy and Trent did their respective jobs well in dealing with the issue
          barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #20
            I've said earlier that Fittler and Gould's comments about Latrell's on field attitude in three successive games, against the Broncos, Newcastle and then NSW were and are spot on. The proof has been right there on the field and anyone that wishes to see him playing like that is not after his best interests football wise.

            He was lethargic, off the ball, getting penalised for stupid things. Playing like someone who didn't want to be out there. As good as we know he can be, he was a liability to the team, club and representative side. Trent quickly stepped in to protect his player and good on him, but he revealed nothing.

            Trent might have thought Fittler's comments would upset contract negotiations...who knows. Fittler was clearly angry as if he'd been let down after getting assurances Latrell was right to go, when he clearly wasn't.

            All of the rest is speculation.
            Last edited by Louis N; 06-11-2019, 10:22 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by trewhella View Post
              If you canít get yourself up,for a game of origin you should net be there.
              we all love Latrell but he canít dish up a performance like that on THAT stage.
              Bothe Freddy and Trent did their respective jobs well in dealing with the issue
              Agreed.

              To be honest, he has been a bludger for the past month.

              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                Agreed.

                To be honest, he has been a bludger for the past month.
                I feel we could be on a loss with lats (I hope not). Do we cut our losses or give him 1 million a year for some good games a year? Has he signed elsewhere?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Fittler is right & Robbo is right

                  Bam Bam was a pussy & if carrying an injury should not have played

                  I hope Latrell understands that both coaches are working towards a "harden up" lift in his on field attitude

                  during a game when he gets belted he sits there & cry's to the trainer

                  spare a thought towards those players he smashes.....
                  "Qui audet adipiscitur"

                  WHO DARES WINS

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    If people would stop trying to put Latrell Mitchell on a pedestal then he wouldn't keep falling off it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      this is a real delicate situation. latrell looked like he didnt want to be there during origin, maybe he just needs to focus on club football, he doesnt look to be enjoying his fottball and maybe the spotlight is a little bright. i do have concerns about latrells work ethic and attitude, but i also acknowledge that he is young and he didnt ask for all this attention, but unfortunatley it comes with the territory of being a prodigy. only latrell knows what he wants, robbo is doing his best and has his best interests at heart, but it may be a bumpy ride.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        FM Gus is good at deflecting NSW biggest problem being his Golden Boy and Golden Tonsils who offered SFA to the outside backs and were easily outplayed by the Queensland halves.

                        Not one word from Gus about Cleary. A protected species. Let's blame a centre who cost us game 1.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by trewhella View Post
                          If you canít get yourself up,for a game of origin you should net be there.
                          we all love Latrell but he canít dish up a performance like that on THAT stage.
                          Bothe Freddy and Trent did their respective jobs well in dealing with the issue
                          I don't think Fittler handled it well to be honest. It wouldn't inspire me greatly if my coach threw me under the bus after one bad performance the way he did to Latrell. He would have been better served just acknowledging that he had a bad game and then saying he has full confidence he will get the job done in Game 2. Why did he need to even mention the Roosters, the Roosters coaching staff weren't in camp with him for the previous 10 days. It was like Freddie was trying to deflect attention away from his own poor coaching effort.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                            FM Gus is good at deflecting NSW biggest problem being his Golden Boy and Golden Tonsils who offered SFA to the outside backs and were easily outplayed by the Queensland halves.

                            Not one word from Gus about Cleary. A protected species. Let's blame a centre who cost us game 1.
                            Exactly.

                            Cleary is not even a first grade standard halfback at present. I don't think I've ever seen a less creative halfback. In 4 Origin games he has zero trys, zero try assists, zero line breaks, zero line break assists...

                            So why exactly has he been picked, to make cover tackles?

                            Fmd he's an absolute fraud who is seemingly teflon coated in his ability to avoid criticism.

                            He'd be about NSW 6th or 7th best halfback but is seemingly a lock to retain his spot.

                            But Latrell is the main issue, right? Wake up and smell the roses, Freddy, Gus & co.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Walker was motm apparently.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

                                I don't think Fittler handled it well to be honest. It wouldn't inspire me greatly if my coach threw me under the bus after one bad performance the way he did to Latrell. He would have been better served just acknowledging that he had a bad game and then saying he has full confidence he will get the job done in Game 2. Why did he need to even mention the Roosters, the Roosters coaching staff weren't in camp with him for the previous 10 days. It was like Freddie was trying to deflect attention away from his own poor coaching effort.
                                Hooking Walker another example. Shit leadership and clear signs that when it comes to managing men, old Fred knows sfa.
                                ​​​​​​
                                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X