Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know a good hooker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Louis talked about giving Butcher a go there. I reckon it's worth a shot. He has good ball skills and is growing in confidence and might go alright. Josh McGuire sometimes steps into dummy half.

    Comment


    • #17
      I wonder if Radley is holding any animosity since he's been moved to hooker and potentially foregone the chance he had of making the origin team that was around earlier in the season that maybe hindering his performance.

      We need a specialist hooker to start than Aubbo of the bench if fitness is a concern. The rotation worked so well in the Friend/Mortimer days I don't see why it can't wort now.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by zac View Post
        Louis talked about giving Butcher a go there. I reckon it's worth a shot. He has good ball skills and is growing in confidence and might go alright. Josh McGuire sometimes steps into dummy half.
        No way. He doesnít have a sharp passing game or the ability to pass either way so this is no chance. You canít just throw a guy into number 9 itís too specialist a position.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by The Marshall View Post
          We should play Verills, simple
          Agreed 100%. Put him at dummy half and stick with him.

          Comment


          • #20
            I doubt that Rads has any animosity or anything like that towards playing #9. It's obvious that he loves the club and would do what is best for the team.

            Rads is out of form at 9. And his service last night highlighted that. The wrost thing about it is that we are losing his attacking flair in the middle

            Definitely not having a go at anyone on here but its funny in hindsight how the chookpen were calling for Rads to replace Friend at dummy half a couple of seasons ago. I guess that's why you don't know how bad you miss something until its gone.

            IMO, trying Sam Verills in rotation with Maubs in the next game is probably worth a try.
            .

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

              No way. He doesnít have a sharp passing game or the ability to pass either way so this is no chance. You canít just throw a guy into number 9 itís too specialist a position.
              Not saying it's guaranteed to work, but he's probably got a better passing game than Josh McGuire who sometimes played at 9 for the Broncos. Frees up Victor to do what he does best.

              Don't know enough about Verrills to know if he's ready to play big minutes.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by zac View Post

                Not saying it's guaranteed to work, but he's probably got a better passing game than Josh McGuire who sometimes played at 9 for the Broncos. Frees up Victor to do what he does best.

                Don't know enough about Verrills to know if he's ready to play big minutes.
                Unlike some who keep calling for Verrills to play despite only ever having seen him play 8 minutes v Storm.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by The Marshall View Post
                  We should play Verills, simple
                  Please tell me about him. Iíve only ever seen him play 8 minutes. I assume you know his game very well seeing you are calling for him to play.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    We need to sign a hooker before our next game.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                      We need to sign a hooker before our next game.
                      It's imperative. Nothing special just someone with a decant passing game.

                      Fa'manu Brown and Aiden Sezer both sitting in reserve grade this weekend. Both would offer decent service. Both would offer depth in the halves as well.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                        Radley is clearly not happy in the role. maybe because it's killed his SOO chances.
                        I am not so sure.

                        Heard Phil Gould saying last year they picked Tyrone Peachey on the bench for SOO because of his ability to play backup dummy half if Cook went down.

                        Now i havenít seen much from Peachey this year, only some highlights of him impersonating a turnstile in defence.

                        In my opinion, that gives Victor a great chance with his ability to cover lock, solidly defend (named second hardest hitter after Napa in NRL players poll) and play dummy half.
                        Get out of the way, I'm next

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Pretty sure all of Radley rep jerseys have 9 on them too
                          Get out of the way, I'm next

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
                            I wonder if Radley is holding any animosity since he's been moved to hooker and potentially foregone the chance he had of making the origin team that was around earlier in the season that maybe hindering his performance.

                            We need a specialist hooker to start than Aubbo of the bench if fitness is a concern. The rotation worked so well in the Friend/Mortimer days I don't see why it can't wort now.
                            No Rads doesn't look like a guy who has animosity at anyone, but it has cost him a chance at SOO. He should have been in the discussion to be picked for NSW but instead is struggling to deliver from dummy half for 80mins.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Thatís c.100k he has potentially foregone.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                                i met this girl in thailand one time ....
                                You should have gone to Spec Savers!
                                I love porcelain hand dryers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X