Can we beat the Raiders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we beat the Raiders?

Just noticed we've got the Raiders next week. Like us, they've had a decent start to their season and they're coming off a convincing win.

While we're on a roll, our injuries are starting to frustrate me. No disrespect to the Tigers but Radley's delivery was REALLY poor last night and a better team woulda flogged us for that kinda shyte. In addition, they didn't really ask any serious questions last night, so we looked pretty good despite our failings.

Fortunately we're at home because I'm actually yet to watch a live game in Canberra where we've beaten them during the last decade (despite the fact we've been the far better team). That said, I reckon we're in for a tough game. Souffs beat us and we beat the Storm in golden point time. We've struggled against other top 4 teams!!

Can we do it? I'm assuming that we'll have a similar team to this week (maybe with Ikuvalu back, but that's about it?) I reckon we have the better team but the Raiders have this odd combo where a bunch of ordinary players have a habit of upsetting teams. Sure the Panthers are in crisis mode but I have a bad feeling about the week ahead...

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
    Fortunately we're at home because I'm actually yet to watch a live game in Canberra where we've beaten them during the last decade (despite the fact we've been the far better team). That said, I reckon we're in for a tough game. Souffs beat us and we beat the Storm in golden point time. We've struggled against other top 4 teams!!...
    Our home game, but it's being payed in Qld. The Super Round at Suncorp ..or whatever they're calling it. I cant remember the last time we actually played Canberra in Sydney !

Comment

LOL, you JUST NOTICED we are playing Canberra next week ? And you didn't notice it's at SUNCORP ? And you think a better team would have FLOGGED us last night because Radley dropped a ball and threw a forward pass.....which actually wasn't forward. That's GOLD.

Canberra looked good against the Penrith rabble and yes if they play their best and we are off they could beat us, but I Think we will handle them.

Comment

Nicoll Klokstad, Wighton and Sam Williams vs Tedesco, Keary and Cronk... yeah, I think we can win.

We'll be missing Friend but they'll be without Bateman, Tapine and Rapana.

This is also a rare day game for us and at a dry Suncorp track. I think we win by 20.

Comment

Just noticed we've got the Raiders next week. Like us, they've had a decent start to their season and they're coming off a convincing win.

While we're on a roll, our injuries are starting to frustrate me. No disrespect to the Tigers but Radley's delivery was REALLY poor last night and a better team woulda flogged us for that kinda shyte. In addition, they didn't really ask any serious questions last night, so we looked pretty good despite our failings.

Fortunately we're at home because I'm actually yet to watch a live game in Canberra where we've beaten them during the last decade (despite the fact we've been the far better team). That said, I reckon we're in for a tough game. Souffs beat us and we beat the Storm in golden point time. We've struggled against other top 4 teams!!

Can we do it? I'm assuming that we'll have a similar team to this week (maybe with Ikuvalu back, but that's about it?) I reckon we have the better team but the Raiders have this odd combo where a bunch of ordinary players have a habit of upsetting teams. Sure the Panthers are in crisis mode but I have a bad feeling about the week ahead...
          Still celebrating last nights win. Will worry about Canberra on Monday.
          There are only 4 teams in the top 4. Us, Souths who beat us in rd 1 no big deal, Melbourne who we beat with a second grade team for the Roosters best all time win & the Raiders who the Roosters play next so how do you come to the conclusion that the Roosters have struggled against other top 4 sides?

Comment

I shouldn't tempt fate but it's one of those situations where the Faders are like an up and coming boxer who has a 12-0 record all by KO but the only problem is that they haven't really fought anybody who was top class. This Roosters team has a champion pedigree about it IMO and we will send them back down to the ACT with something to think about. Everyone rightly talks about our left hand side but what about when our right hand side starts to click once the injuries clear and we become a more balanced team. What should also be scary for the rest is that our rotation players look as keen as mustard and are not just filling a hole for 15-20 minutes. Roosters by 10+ and their fullback looks soft if you can get in his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              Nicoll Klokstad, Wighton and Sam Williams vs Tedesco, Keary and Cronk... yeah, I think we can win.

We'll be missing Friend but they'll be without Bateman, Tapine and Rapana.

This is also a rare day game for us and at a dry Suncorp track. I think we win by 20.
              Croker, Cotric, Hodgson, Whitehead, Papalii...etc are all quality players. klokstad (never seen him) got 7 TBs against the riff.

IMO if we go in and disrespect them, they'll do a job on us.

- Hodgson is a better hooker than Radley
              - Cotric and Croker have been in the mix for Origin
              - Wighton... look I don't rate him but he's one of those clever indigenous dudes who can play anywhere and produce anything
              - Papalii's in for this season

They remind me of that really odd boat that Hornblower gets given in one of the early books... zero chance on paper but with the right captain, its quirks can help it to do a job on the very best through confusion/weirdness.

Comment

We've won 7 in a row so at some point we'll probably falter. I have confidence in the ability of the current team to rise up on big occasions and I think next week is one (being magic round).

Our loss will probably come up against a lowly ranked opponent...

Comment

The only thing we have to worry about against the Raiders and any other team for that matter is if complacency creeps into our game. They don’t have the firepower to threaten us but we have to guard against them beating ourselves. I am sure Robbo has them still hungers so I don’t think we have anything to worry about.

Comment

Croker, Cotric, Hodgson, Whitehead, Papalii...etc are all quality players. klokstad (never seen him) got 7 TBs against the riff.

IMO if we go in and disrespect them, they'll do a job on us.

- Hodgson is a better hooker than Radley
                    - Cotric and Croker have been in the mix for Origin
                    - Wighton... look I don't rate him but he's one of those clever indigenous dudes who can play anywhere and produce anything
                    - Papalii's in for this season

They remind me of that really odd boat that Hornblower gets given in one of the early books... zero chance on paper but with the right captain, its quirks can help it to do a job on the very best through confusion/weirdness.
                    At or close to full strength in Canberra they'd give us a very tough match as always. They have lots of powerful, gun footy players for sure.

But we can cover losses to key players better than they can and they'll be missing 3 of their powerful gun players. Bateman in particular has been their best so far by a mile and is a huge loss. This'll be their first game without him and his workrate.

With a lovely 8 day turnaround I think we'll be up for this in front of 50k on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

It's the following game with a 5 day turnaround at the same ground vs the lowly but enigmatic Broncos with a 7 day turnaround that reeks from a mile away as the upset and loss we'll have.

Comment

Best Defence v best attack, should be a cracker, is Bateman out? Shame, he is one of the players of the year and likes to go after the top forwards, would of been a nice v JWH.

Comment

we should win, but if we lose i wont be worried.

Comment

They have only beaten teams near the bottom of the table, their losses have been against the Storm and Manly who are in the 8. (Manly won't be staying there much longer).
                          We will be given Ricky a real lesson next week and he will blow up even after being beaten by 40.
                          I have more concern over the Newcastle game in a few weeks with our players thinking we will just need to turn up to win plus several ex Roosters there trying to get one over us.

Comment

It will be a good game , looking forward to it

Comment

No...no way.

Comment

Working...
                              X