Our Draw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zac View Post
    I don't think we're playing finals standard footy atm. Apart from v Souths and yesterday (without Keary) our attack has had moments of brilliance, but overall our D hasn't been top notch. And we've had a lot of guys out, so the 17 that plays in the finals will be different.

We've done well to be 6 from 7 given that we've pretty much only played top 8 teams. Still, teams like Penrith and the Cowboys could be firing by the time we play them.
    Agree 100%. We are winning by moments of brilliance and not putting opposition sides to the sword. A performance llike the Eels over the Tigers will convince me we've got it all together. But the Anzac game was a scrappy affair. Melbourne first half was great but not maintained and the best lies ahead. So saying we have had a lot of disruptions and Friend's absence is huge.

Comment

I expect us to go to 100+ on our for/against next week.
      Eels are pretenders and put a big score on the Tigers.
      They will get false confidence after playing the Titans and them come up against a real team in us.

Comment

we aren't setting the world on fire, haven't put together more than 40 minutes of top class footy in any game, got done by Souths, could have easily got done yesterday, and squeeked home against Melbourne.
        after blowing a 20 point lead, they just missed a field goal in real time so I wouldn't get carried away. Complacency is our big threat, there are no easy games and if we have an off day we can lose to anyone. Canberra are a big threat, as are the Broncos. Any team which turns up with the right attitude could catch us out, the guys ae great, but they aren't robots.

Comment

We are playing at 60-70% potential, and 60-70% of the 80 minutes.

A mix of injuries and clocking off defensively, has seen scorelines closer than anticipated.

But we are still winning and top of the comp. The scary thing for other sides, would be the massive upside we have. Origin time will be tough.

We are good enough to go back to back!

Comment

let the rest be scared , very scared.

Comment

Reality is we're playing second gear because we can. The quality of teams this year has to be the worst I can remember. Our attack is so slick there is no one that can match it with us when we're on. We just need to build slowly and peak at the right time.

Comment

axe, heres something to think about 4 of our roosters dancers work with me when im santa clause. as a 67 year old aging male luckily we can talk roosters, i learn some amazing stuff? if they even talk to a player they can get the sack. particularly lovely girls though. 2 years ago one of our middle eastern brothers decided to feel one up, we have a code word if they need assistance, i put him in a headlock as well as grinding my left hand into his ear had him crying, he thought id be an 80 year old santa. didnt realise i still p-layed front row in rugby as i have last 50 years, had him crying and im sure he has a cauliflower ear now! when they saw me sitting quietly at half time in the chookpen last year 2 of them came over hugged me and said thanks for looking after hayley! a very sweet thing to do , i often have a chat going into the stadium although at scg limited access to the girls unlike the concourse going into allianz. 2 of them were on the field for the grand final, we often sat looking at video from their viewpoint dring lulls in santa work!
                Last edited by stephenj; 04-26-2019, 09:54 PM. Reason: additional info and spell8ing

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                  axe, heres something to think about 4 of our roosters dancers work with me when im santa clause. as a 67 year old aging male luckily we can talk roosters, i learn some amazing stuff? if they even talk to a player they can get the sack. particularly lovely girls though. 2 years ago one of our middle eastern brothers decided to feel one up, we have a code word if they need assistance, i put him in a headlock as well as grinding my left hand into his ear had him crying, he thought id be an 80 year old santa. didnt realise i still p-layed front row in rugby as i have last 50 years, had him crying and im sure he has a cauliflower ear now! when they saw me sitting quietly at half time in the chookpen last year 2 of them came over hugged me and said thanks for looking after hayley! a very sweet thing to do , i often have a chat going into the stadium although at scg limited access to the girls unlike the concourse going into allianz. 2 of them were on the field for the grand final, we often sat looking at video from their viewpoint dring lulls in santa work!
                  Great story, Stephen. You old tough hard nut rugby props. My father was also a Santa and I respect Santaís nearly as much as our cheerleaders.

glad they remember how you helped them
                  Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Good on you Stevo!

I seen an Easter Bunny giving it to someone on the news the other day, but haven't seen a "bad" Santa yet.

But seriously, these disrespectful grubs need civilian justice as they only get hit with a feather from the authorities, if anything.

Sco-mo...Sco-mo...Sco-mo...

Comment

Post of the Year!

Good on you stephen for looking after the girls and giving that scumbag a well deserved beating.

And awesome effort to be playing rugby at 67. Matt Dunning clearly isn't your role model

Comment

Arent the North Poles our feeder club in reserve grade?
                        Donít think we have to play Santa and the elves
                        Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

We didnít play it right all year last year.. til the last one.

The thing is, we have so much strike that we can afford to play at a lower rate, whether intended or not, and still win well.

That is the difference.
                          Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Working...
                          X