Our Draw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Draw

Has been tough. Still 2 games against Knights, Dogs and Tigers to come. Another minor premiership coming up.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-26-2019, 07:37 AM.

We won't be able to maintain this standard. We're playing premiership football in April.. We've had two very big games the last two weeks. I'd anticipate a drop in intensity next week. Stuff the minor premiership.

Comment

I don't think we're playing finals standard footy atm. Apart from v Souths and yesterday (without Keary) our attack has had moments of brilliance, but overall our D hasn't been top notch. And we've had a lot of guys out, so the 17 that plays in the finals will be different.

We've done well to be 6 from 7 given that we've pretty much only played top 8 teams. Still, teams like Penrith and the Cowboys could be firing by the time we play them.

Comment

Hopefully Robbo puts them out in the paddock for a few days to freshen up.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post
          We won't be able to maintain this standard. We're playing premiership football in April.. We've had two very big games the last two weeks. I'd anticipate a drop in intensity next week. Stuff the minor premiership.
          I think our standard isnít so good. We have kept sides scoreless in the first half 4 times this year out of seven games. But in the second half of the 7 games, I reckon that there would be few teams that have conceded as many points.

If we were playing great there would be pressure to keep it going but with Manly, Sharks, Saints, Melbourne all coming back against us, I think we are far from playing premiership footy. Our points against record is very average.

We are just such a good side. We havenít gotten out of second gear yet we lead the comp. We are like a racehorse being trained to finish strong at the post.

I believe this is our best start in 20 years.

Comment

We don't have to maintain this standard to beat those bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              Has been tough. Still 2 games against Knights, Dogs and Tigers to come. Another minor premiership coming up.
              In April? I think Robbo put it well... we are winning games. We're not winning with our form/stats but right now we're winning games.

IMO we'll get a number of rude shocks from lesser teams if we keep playing the way we are. Our raw talent's enough to get us over the line most of the time but having so many errors plus all these 20-30 minute spells where teams put us to the sword is a joke.

Yes we have key players out (or injured) but that's no excuse. I'm sure the Dragons would have loved to have had Widdop or de Belin (sure de Belin isn't injured but they are still down a rep forward). They also have salary cap space for Hayne so go figure... we shoulda put the Dragons to the sword like St George did

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

We don't have to maintain this standard to beat those bums.
              No, we need to lift. You seriously think Ponga, Pearce, Watson and SKD our all gonna give us sympathy if we switch off for 30 minutes?

They'll beat us if we continue to fark around.
              Last edited by ism22; 04-26-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

No, we need to lift. You seriously think Ponga, Pearce, Watson and SKD our all gonna give us sympathy if we switch off for 30 minutes?

other teams will challenge us, like the raiders, im quite worried about them when we face them.

as for the knights, over rated piece of shit. pearce cant handle pressure sadly, watson isn't a good half or fullback, skd is either crap or great, ponga is very good but extremely inexperienced, rest of the team is just average, not worried about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  Hopefully Robbo puts them out in the paddock for a few days to freshen up.
                  They will have their recovery session today and then have the weekend off. They will come back refreshed on Monday and should be up for a good effort against the Tigers.

Comment

In April? I think Robbo put it well... we are winning games. We're not winning with our form/stats but right now we're winning games.

IMO we'll get a number of rude shocks from lesser teams if we keep playing the way we are. Our raw talent's enough to get us over the line most of the time but having so many errors plus all these 20-30 minute spells where teams put us to the sword is a joke.

Yes we have key players out (or injured) but that's no excuse. I'm sure the Dragons would have loved to have had Widdop or de Belin (sure de Belin isn't injured but they are still down a rep forward). They also have salary cap space for Hayne so go figure... we shoulda put the Dragons to the sword like St George did

Have you watched SKD this year, he has been pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Have you watched SKD this year, he has been pathetic.
                      Not just SKD, all 4 of these blokes have been crap
                      Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

Not just SKD, all 4 of these blokes have been crap
                        Shoulda kept Pearce I reckon.

Comment

We could run our cheerleaders out against the Knights and win comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

We could run our cheerleaders out against the Knights and win comfortably.
                            more entertaining to watch than Knights anyway
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Shoulda kept Pearce I reckon.
                              I would not wish that upon the Bears, they have been through enough in their time
                              Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Working...
                              X

Fatal error: Uncaught Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM cacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('node_781239_lvl1data','node_2_lvl3data','node_781239_lvl3data','vBAtchmnts_781239','getSearchResults_238e1de01926a972b4d072c5a6b07883','vB_UserPerms278','vBAtchmnts_781243','vBAtchmnts_781245','vBAtchmnts_781246','vBAtchmnts_781248','vBAtchmnts_781251','vBAtchmnts_781253','vBAtchmnts_781255','vBAtchmnts_781256','vBAtchmnts_781257','vBAtchmnts_781262','vBAtchmnts_781266','vBAtchmnts_781268','vBAtchmnts_781281','vBAtchmnts_781305','node_781243_lvl3data','node_781245_lvl3data','node_781246_lvl3data','node_781248_lvl3data','node_781251_lvl3data','node_781253_lvl3data','node_781255_lvl3data','node_781256_lvl3data','node_781257_lvl3data','node_781262_lvl3data','node_781266_lvl3data','node_781268_lvl3data','node_781281_lvl3data','node_781305_lvl3data','node_781243_lvl1data','node_781245_lvl1data','node_781246_lvl1data','node_781248_lvl1data','node_781251_lvl1data','node_781253_lvl1data','node_781255_lvl1data','node_781256_lvl1data' in /home/thechook/public_html/vb5/core/vb/database.php on line 1189