• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought we tabled an offer to Cam King?
    "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Verrills gets a run again soon, he looked very good to me against Melbourne.

Comment

Big blow for us and Jake himself. In my estimation it has to be linked to the earlier injury. Maybe wrong?

As for Verrills, he was our 2018 Arthur Beetson medalist for u20’s player of the year. If you look at the other players in that squad, that’s quite an achievement.
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if Verrills gets a run again soon, he looked very good to me against Melbourne.
          Verrils hasn't even started for the Bears yet. Brad Deitz is first choice Hooker.

The little I've seen of him.though is good.

Comment

Rads to the 9 and Satili off the bench.
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

One thing is because we have 2 second rowers who play the full 80 we can probably afford to have 2 guys play at dummy half, maybe a solid hard worker and a guy with a bit of fizz either side of half time.

Louis talked about playing Butcher at 9 and I think it's worth a go. 13 pointed out that there's no guarantee he has the passing skills to carry it off, but he is a ball playing forward, so he's got a bit of ball sense. That's a start. There'd be no darting runs and no kicks from dummy half, but we have enough attacking and kicking options elsewhere to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Verrils hasn't even started for the Bears yet. Brad Deitz is first choice Hooker.

The little I've seen of him.though is good.
                Verrills has been training with the top squad all year and been on the extended bench most weeks, I guess they start with Deitz because he trains with them all week, but are you saying Verrills has had NO GAME TIME except for coming off the bench for us in First grade, that doesn't sound right. Butcher is not a hooker, Verrills is, and Trent must have seen something in him to put him on against Melbourne, and from what I saw he would have only enhanced his chances.

Comment

Is Deitz on a Roosters contract though? I don’t think he’s in our top 30 squad and is contracted to Norths not the Roosters. I could be wrong though and probably am!

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                    Is Deitz on a Roosters contract though? I don’t think he’s in our top 30 squad and is contracted to Norths not the Roosters. I could be wrong though and probably am!
                    You are not wrong. deitz is not in the 30 man squad and not in the development players, so apparently not an option.

Comment

Happy for Rads to play 9, with Butcher in 13 (or Liu when he returns). He ain't a perfect dummy half, but we have won a lot of games with him there. Collins can come back on the bench that way.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Verrills has been training with the top squad all year and been on the extended bench most weeks, I guess they start with Deitz because he trains with them all week, but are you saying Verrills has had NO GAME TIME except for coming off the bench for us in First grade, that doesn't sound right. Butcher is not a hooker, Verrills is, and Trent must have seen something in him to put him on against Melbourne, and from what I saw he would have only enhanced his chances.
                        No....Verrils has been coming on off the interchange each game. Getting some minutes but not as much as Deitz Id say. Both are playing well but as stated earlier Deitz is not in our top 30.

Comment

Bite the bullet and run with Verrills at dummy half.
                          Nurture him and he will be fine. Rads back to 14 for me.
                          Rads covers lock and Hooker.

Liu at lock.

Comment

This sux, having jake back did free up Victor as another link in the middle hopefully it won't be that long before he's back

Comment

Radley to start at hooker with Verrels to come off the bench.

I remember about 1-2 yrs ago Matty Johns was talking up Sam Verrels very highly,,apparently he did some work with him & said to look out for him in the coming years

Comment

maybe keep aubbo on the bench, start with verrells, if things go pear shaped put aubbo on at hooker. that way radley stays in his preferred position ? plus liu to return on the bench can play lock also, allowing radley to sub in at dummy half . we have options.

Comment

Working...
                                X