Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Verrills has been added to the 30 man squad, taking the last spot. We have 2 development players, but we are allowed 6. I think there is a June 30 deadline as to whether we can add more development players and what they can actually do this season, but they can't play first grade. . The only other player named as a hooker in our 30 man squad is Garvey.
    I thought Verrills was a development player. Where is it published?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I thought Verrills was a development player. Where is it published?
      Wikipedia, 2019 NRL squads, updated 25th april. Development players can't play first grade until after the June 30 player movement deadline.
      Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 04-27-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Wikipedia, 2019 NRL squads, updated 25th april. Development players can't play first grade until after the June 30 player movement deadline.
        Can you give us the link?

Comment

I’m not sure how accurate that is. I’m still thinking Verrills is a development player and he played with special dispensation. We’ll see if they sign someone to cover Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I’m not sure how accurate that is. I’m still thinking Verrills is a development player and he played with special dispensation. We’ll see if they sign someone to cover Jake.
            That is correct. We has to get clearance to name Verrills.

You would think we would get the same clearance again with Garvey and Friend both out with injuries.

There was a lot of talk about Cameron King when Garvey got injured, not sure what happeend there but they might go back and investigate that situation again now there's a guaranteed starting position for the next 3 months.

Comment

Such a shame for Friendy to pick up this injury. Anyway there go's my prediction that he was going to play SOO & out do Cook & become the Australian hooker. But seriously he was in career best form which started half way through last year & continued on till the GF then from the opening game this year in the World Club Challenge & club games he has just looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

You would think we would get the same clearance again with Garvey and Friend both out with injuries.

There was a lot of talk about Cameron King when Garvey got injured, not sure what happeend there but they might go back and investigate that situation again now there's a guaranteed starting position for the next 3 months.
                I wouldn’t mind Chicko. Though he may be a ratbag and not fit into our culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  Such a shame for Friendy to pick up this injury. Anyway there go's my prediction that he was going to play SOO & out do Cook & become the Australian hooker. But seriously he was in career best form which started half way through last year & continued on till the GF then from the opening game this year in the World Club Challenge & club games he has just looked good.
                  Agree mate, he has really found his mark now with self confidence to match his amazing work ethic and motor. Has worked hard on perfecting more skills.

A bloody shame for now, but he'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                    Doesn't bother me that Cook will be out during Origin

I reckon Reynolds is in career best form and should play in the halves for Origin (alongside Maloney). Gagai deserves a recall... hey what about Johnston? He's better than Teddy ay...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I reckon Reynolds is in career best form and should play in the halves for Origin (alongside Maloney). Gagai deserves a recall... hey what about Johnston? He's better than Teddy ay...
                      Ha ha! Good one

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Just heard Bennets the coach of nsw
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Has anyone actually heard from inside the club, how long Jake is out for ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
                            Has anyone actually heard from inside the club, how long Jake is out for ?
                            No, but Freddie just mentioned on the Sunday Footy Show that Jake has already been operated on. That was quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I saw him play v Bears a couple of weeks ago. Tits on a bull.
                              I watched him play against Peniff a week ago. Can confirm.
                              Originally posted by jism
                              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I believe this is also correct, we got special dispensation to use a Development player against the Storm. I watched the Bears Friday night and they were terrible 1-17, but they were in front at halftime and looked alot better especially in the middle with Deitz on the field. Verrells played the second half and while they didn't have the ball much he threw a forward pass with the score at 24-16 Bears in front and they didn't touch the ball again for 10 mins and the score blew out. He also had a couple of bad defensive errors. If we are promoting within, talking to the Bears staff they have big wraps on Deitz an Sam needs more time as he has played only 3 halves of football against men. If we go external we need to find a hooker who is happy to be second fiddle for most of the year or wants 6 months with us before moving on.

Comment

Working...
                                X