Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

A bloody souffs stand. Many others to select from KJ
    I took your advice about the Clive Churchill stand and ended up in the Steve Waugh Room and it was just as bad.
    Not even the win plus hanging out with a few legends in Mark Harris, Johnny Mayes, Russell Fairfax and Bunny Reilly could make it an enjoyable experience.

I just hate the SCG, it is a terrible place to watch a game of league. My eyes are still hurting from flicking to the TV then back to the ground.
    At the moment I don't think I will bother going to another game at the SCG.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
      Who was caught up last night in the great food debacle of the special offer? All I wanted was a pie, chips and a coke. Our group queued on three separate occasions and gave up twice because the queue was just too long. Even 20 mins after the game started the queue under the roosters bay was 50 deep. Was just about to leave when a nice Trust lady came along and was telling people if you weren’t a hot dog deal buyer to jump the queue.

Also so what are everyone’s thoughts abou5 the gates opening just an hour before the game. Should see the queue for the members?

Also got caught when in the queue for gate e and they said go to gate c and you can get in. Did that. Roosters members ticket didn’t work but my friend who had general admission got in. We were then separated as I had to go back and join the queue in gate e for 10 minutes.

Just hopeless organising by the SCG Trust and it’s officials who should know better.
      Way to ruin a good night at the footy.

They've got to be better than that. Easts and the Trust are trying but still coming up short.

Comment

Play at nth sydney oval
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I’ve read lots of negative comments about the SCG due to its oval shape however I’ve noticed many a big Euro soccer game is played within a oval. I don’t have a problem attending the SCG but I find the so called media ownerships coverage of our games very poor indeed due to the lack of cameras at the ground. The footage of the Mitchell intercept a fine example.

Comment

We had a crowd of 13,000+ on Sat night which is about double what we usually get for a Tigers game, so perhaps the family deal should be a regular occurrence. Shame there were teething problems like there seemed to be Sat night, but it was definitely a better crowd than expected.
            Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Went last Saturday night for the first time this season as I live out of Sydney. I am a season ticket holder in bronze member section, couldn't see anything once play got onto the other side of the field from halfway but at least were I was sitting was in front of a television screen. I looked across towards the Gold members n chookpen in Bill O'Reilly stand and they don't even have TV screens were they sit.
              ​​​​​​
              I love the SCG but it is a totally shite experience for league and you need to bring a telescope to watch the action.

I'm not sure I will come back tbh, I rather stay home during winter, watch the games on TV, cheap food, top shelf whiskey and quality beer when I desire. I don't get home until 1am after a 730pm game too.
              Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

I took your advice about the Clive Churchill stand and ended up in the Steve Waugh Room and it was just as bad.
                Not even the win plus hanging out with a few legends in Mark Harris, Johnny Mayes, Russell Fairfax and Bunny Reilly could make it an enjoyable experience.

I just hate the SCG, it is a terrible place to watch a game of league. My eyes are still hurting from flicking to the TV then back to the ground.
                Sorry to hear that KJ. I often chat to Russell at Easts Leagues for away games. Great guy. Monkey Mayes and Mark Harris two of Easts all time greatest.

i sat in theNoble Stand. Enjoyed watching the head on view (more to the point, trying to enjoy it). A pleasure to watch this team play. We are privileged to see the greatest team since 1975 IMHO. Teams this year are spreading the ball more than I can recall. Sitili is a hugely mobile forward. I never would have known this siting side on. He is immense.

I’d love to have a chat with the two you identified (MH and JM) about their perspectives of this team.
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Sorry to hear that KJ. I often chat to Russell at Easts Leagues for away games. Great guy. Monkey Mayes and Mark Harris two of Easts all time greatest.

i sat in theNoble Stand. Enjoyed watching the head on view (more to the point, trying to enjoy it). A pleasure to watch this team play. We are privileged to see the greatest team since 1975 IMHO. Teams this year are spreading the ball more than I can recall. Sitili is a hugely mobile forward. I never would have known this siting side on. He is immense.

I’d love to have a chat with the two you identified (MH and JM) about their perspectives of this team.
                  Yeah, this team is such a pleasure to watch. You and I experienced the good times of the 70s but we also had the hard times for a couple of decades. I, for one, am not letting the poor viewing options that the SCG offers interfere with my enjoyment of having a successful team. I don't get a full of idea of what's happened when watching at the SCG, but I was walking on air when I walked home appreciating just how lucky we are to have a successful team to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                    I’ve read lots of negative comments about the SCG due to its oval shape however I’ve noticed many a big Euro soccer game is played within a oval. I don’t have a problem attending the SCG but I find the so called media ownerships coverage of our games very poor indeed due to the lack of cameras at the ground. The footage of the Mitchell intercept a fine example.
                    Soccer doesn’t have the sides setup parallel and running lines perpendicular like League does.
                    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                      We had a crowd of 13,000+ on Sat night which is about double what we usually get for a Tigers game, so perhaps the family deal should be a regular occurrence. Shame there were teething problems like there seemed to be Sat night, but it was definitely a better crowd than expected.
                      No way that was the crowd. A VERY sweaty 9k by my reckoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

No way that was the crowd. A VERY sweaty 9k by my reckoning.
                        I'm only going what the official attendance was on the screen at the game - perhaps they've taken a leaf from the Vermin and counted some of the animal bones dug up at Allianz ...
                        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Speaking of the SCG, the day shouldn't pass without the recognition of the death of Doris Day, famous for:

Que sera, sera
                          Whatever will be, will be
                          We're off to the SCG
                          Que sera, sera.

RIP Doris.

Comment

If I lived in Sydney, Id be attending all the home games just to support the club and to see some legends in Cronk, Aubs, JWH, Teddy, Lats...……………….

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                              If I lived in Sydney, Id be attending all the home games just to support the club and to see some legends in Cronk, Aubs, JWH, Teddy, Lats...……………….
                              That’s the idea, but it’s at a tipping-point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

Support Parra mate. They have a great stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X