Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
    This is relating to 2020

How many of you would travel to the new Parra stadium for home games next year when we play western Sydney clubs?

Ie Parra, Tigers, Bulldogs, Penrith

Get a good seat at a quality stadium albeit further from our traditional base.
    Won't happen. Don't listen to Rothfield.

I would go for the reason mentioned before but I much prefer the convenience of the SCG.

Comment

Originally posted by Red. View Post
      Well we turned up today and the was a Saints supporter sitting in 1 of you 7 Gold member seats.

What's bizarre about this is he had a ticket with the same row and seat number printed on it.

The membership operation at our club is well below what it should be considering our fickle fan base.
      Yeah my ticket only arrived via email yesterday around lunch time. It took a heap of phone calls and emails on game day to finally get it.

Next year I'd like to see us play at Leichhardt, Kogarah and even North Sydney Oval. Maybe one game at each of these venues to break it up a little.

Leave the SCG for the big games where we know everyone will still go.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I would go for the reason mentioned before but I much prefer the convenience of the SCG.
        I saw Rothfield at the game yesterday. Man, he really does look like senile beetroot
        EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I think it will happen because it makes sense, to use a new facility which has no real HOME advantage to any club as yet and offers a better viewing experience for fans, especially if we get a few games at the SCG with less than 10000 crowds, then it will make even more sense. Financial sense. we will have to wait and see I guess.

Comment

Yes the SCG is a shit rugby league experience... But I support Easts, so will keep turning up begrudgingly.

Bring on our new stadium in a couple of years... Short term pain, long term gain.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
              Yes the SCG is a shit rugby league experience... But I support Easts, so will keep turning up begrudgingly.

Bring on our new stadium in a couple of years... Short term pain, long term gain.
              if it gets built... if not get ready to call the SCG home for the rest of your life
              My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
              My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                I’m pumped for our own Parra stadium, but the club have taken us Members for mugs. Me and my mate have decided to sit in front of a tv in the bar, rather than sit in our prime seats on the half way line, half way up. Prime seats. Like watching from home, but adding to the gate.

On this fackking ground, being ovular (a bizarrely difficult word to type on iPhoneX), it’s genuinely the only way to watch this game. You can’t see the _lines_, which means you can’t see the plays coming. It’s the equivalent of reading a live play-by-play written by a junior reporter.

Im a Roosters *Gold* Member, btw.
                The ground is absolute rubbish. Despite all Robbo's efforts in talking up the history blah blah blah, it's still rubbish.
                I have paid for the most expensive seats in the house and can't see a thing. Soon as they go over the far side I start watching the TV, how can anyone see what's happening when it's 2km's away.
                Go to ANZ or Bankwest, I am happy to travel to be able to enjoy watching the game.

Comment

Wait til there’s a serious knee injury.. then the tune will change.. for those who could see it from their seats
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

The ground is absolute rubbish. Despite all Robbo's efforts in talking up the history blah blah blah, it's still rubbish.
                    I have paid for the most expensive seats in the house and can't see a thing. Soon as they go over the far side I start watching the TV, how can anyone see what's happening when it's 2km's away.
                    Go to ANZ or Bankwest, I am happy to travel to be able to enjoy watching the game.
                    We’re in the same boat, man.
                    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

At least you can see the tv!

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post

Precisely.

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

I saw Rothfield at the game yesterday. Man, he really does look like senile beetroot
                          Was he drunk?

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

I think it will happen because it makes sense, to use a new facility which has no real HOME advantage to any club as yet and offers a better viewing experience for fans, especially if we get a few games at the SCG with less than 10000 crowds, then it will make even more sense. Financial sense. we will have to wait and see I guess.
                            I see 3 points driving it.
                            1: the sub standard viewing experience at the SCG
                            2: the SCG surface
                            3: harnessing the novelty of the new stadium for fans of teams from that area that we relocate our home games to play. Ie Parra, Penrith, Wests and Canterbury

The hurdles will be:
                            a: the existing agreement with the SCG trust.
                            b: Placating members conveniences
                            c: Trent and the team
                            d:The two home games we already take away Central Coast and Adelaide

Every fan I have spoken to that went to the opening game at WSS has said to get tickets to whatever game is on there this year. It was beyond good as a fan experience.

Just think if when we had to travel to Marrickville to Henson Park in 87. In that year, we took our home games against Parra and Penrith out to the then new Parra stadium. So there is precedence of us moving games while our new stadium is being built.
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I think that we are being hard on the SCG. It is a great stadium to watch sport at.... only if that sport is cricket.

Unfortunately I don't think that our home games will move from there over the next 3 seasons. Didn't uncle Nick sign an agreement with the trust a couple of weeks ago to play home games there for the next 25 years?

Comment

I think you all should read some of the Eels members reviews of BankWest Stadium. It might change a few minds. Seems there’s only Corporate on the Western side. The members who went to the first game there baked in the sun all afternoon. Some didn’t take to their seats until well into the match watching the game on the TVs in the bar area behind the stand. You think it was hot in the O’Reilly stand on Anzac Day imagine what it would have been like out west. The media have pumped it up to be the ultimate experience but just reading the members reviews suggest otherwise. I don’t love the SCG but maybe it’s better the devil you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X