BankWest Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
    I wonder what would be the larger home crowd ?

(a) playing at a cricket ground, 40 metres from the action but in within our traditional boundaries.

(b) playing miles away in another teams area but playing at the new best stadium for league in the country

Especially as the season continues and our fans wear thin of the distant action at the SCG, how many would travel out west to sample the shiny new stadium at Parra?
    It will be interesting to see. Not all Roosters supporters live close to the SCG, probably at least half live as close to the WSS, the travel and parking should equal out, so the advantages of the better view and facilities and prices at the new stadium should prove attractive, plus the novelty factor would more than likely add to the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Yes that's where I heard it too. And I think we have the option to take our home games wherever we wish for the next 3 years, we take them to Gosford and Adelaide, so it makes sense to use the best facilities where we will get the best crowds. I am confident it will happen , but we will have to wait and see. Certainly it would be better than playing on the SCG.
      Yep. I agree with you. Only ? If we have a contract with the Trust we will have to honour it. Also Robbo and the Club have made a really big deal about playing at the SCG so I think it might look a bit contradictory if we were to now prefer to play at another ground for home games.

Comment

There are plenty of Easts supporters resident in western Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
          I wonder what would be the larger home crowd ?

(a) playing at a cricket ground, 40 metres from the action but in within our traditional boundaries.

(b) playing miles away in another teams area but playing at the new best stadium for league in the country

Especially as the season continues and our fans wear thin of the distant action at the SCG, how many would travel out west to sample the shiny new stadium at Parra?
          There are a fair few Chooks supporters, like me, who actually live in the west and would love a few home games at the new BankWest Stadium. I'm definitely planning to go watch the Roosters/TigPies one later in the year.

I do a lot of travelling to attend games at Moore Park and have no issue with doing that, but it would be nice to have a few closer to home until we return to Allianz, especially given the obvious deficiencies of the SCG. I have one of the better season tickets in the place I reckon, and it's still vastly inferior to what would be available at BankWest.

Finance wise I reckon the club would make a lot more money having home games against the Western Sydney clubs at BankWest rather than at SCG.
          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

What a ripper & it will be the best stadium to watch footy from until the Roosters home ground/Moore Park is finished.

Comment

I'd rather attend games at parramatta than the SCG, it's crap viewing.

Comment

Working...
              X