Roosters vs Broncos discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    Rain forecasted for Thursday night, real shame as it would've been a real entertaining game otherwise.

Probably more advantageous to us with a more experienced 17.
    Their big pack will also move slower in the rain
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Surely we had another option in the club, to play on the wing, the one that played lastweek was way out of his league, almost cost us the game, I hope Morris will be ok by next week.

Comment

The team published looks like the team that could take the field in light of the Broncos monster pack. If our defence can move fast on their behemoths and cut down on their ball movement we should have this in the bag. Hopefully the team will come back fresh after the encounter with the Eels big boppers.

Wet or dry I feel we need to kick behind the lines and use our fast backs to contain the less experienced Broncs and keep their forwards in their own end zone, tiring the bigger forwards. It worked a treat in the grand final. Intercept experts such as Manu may have a field day. As someone with a particular hatred for the Broncs and their continual lucky breaks, it would be lovely to see a convincing victory over these gladsome ganders.

Comment

I hope JWH is ok and is needled up ready to go.
          I do feel we lack another enforcer. Friendy's defence will be a telling loss.
          Smash Milford every time.

Comment

All things considered I think this will be a tough one.

Be very happy to win it, but won’t be contemplating suicide if we don’t. Only Round 4.

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Their big pack will also move slower in the rain
              It didn’t slow down Souths pack 3 weeks ago. The rain helps bigger packs.

Comment

I told Robbo to kick early and kick deep, just keep turning their pack around.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

It didn’t slow down Souths pack 3 weeks ago. The rain helps bigger packs.
                  I don't think the big men would want heavy and soft ground underfoot. Would be like running in quick sand as quoted by SST after the Manly game. Then again the rain slows down the smaller guys too so I guess some advantage to the defending team here.
                  Last edited by Thirteen; 04-03-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    I don't think the big men would not want heavy and soft ground underfoot. Would be like running in quick sand as quoted by SST after the Manly game. Then again the rain slows down the smaller guys too so I guess some advantage to the defending team here.

Well I wouldn't consider SST a big player like a Tom Burgess or the other dumb twin. The good thing about rain is that it helps players not get as tired due to dehydration therefore it does take out the fatigue element somewhat on the bigger players whereas if they played on a nice dry day then fatigue sets in on heavy players much quicker.

Comment

I just hope we smash em.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        Rain forecasted for Thursday night, real shame as it would've been a real entertaining game otherwise.

Probably more advantageous to us with a more experienced 17.
                        Rain was forecast for last Friday's game as well, but there wasn't any. You'd think with all the technology available nowdays they could predict the weather correctly, but they manage to get it wrong 90% of the time.

The team Robbo has named I reckon will be pretty close to the one that takes the field if Coops and JWH are passed fit. Let's hope we can jag our first win at the our temporary home.
                        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Expecting a decent game from Collins against his old club With Jared and sst playing "wounded", issac, Tets and Collins need massive games with Lodge back. Jake will be missed.

Our backs are far superior, especially with Roberts out.

Hate going to the scg, but will be there.

Easts by 8

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                            The Tuesday team means very little. Very rarely does the Tuesday team take the field. Iki was always going to be named to keep Brisbane guessing.

Good James Roberts is not playing. We are still suffering rectal injuries after he tore us a new one in Brisbane last year.
                            It's fukking annoying TBH, particularly when the coach quite literally doesn't know who's fit for the game and might legitimately require some flexibility outside the initial squad depending on who is in/out.

Don't get me started on the jersey numbers either. I mean FFS... give the starting halfback a #7 jersey!!! When watching live it can get pretty annoying trying to identify players when they are all wearing mufti numbers.

Comment

Dosent the squad get whittled down to 19 today?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                                Dosent the squad get whittled down to 19 today?
                                Gets reduced 24 hours from game time then final 17 1 hour before kickoff, methinks
                                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Working...
                                X