No announcement yet.

Did you like the SCG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hated it! Have a roosters bronze membership. Couldnt see what was happening in the game as we were so far away. Ending up watching it on a TV in the Concorse area. There was no atmosphere

Comment

It was so bad. I’m spewing.

That small screen - what’s the deal with that? They should have spent whatever was needed and replaced it with the king size one from the SFS.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Looked crap on tv too.

Did full season ticket holders get a discount for this year?

Comment

as much as we tried to generate it the chookpen had no atmosphere at all need ninoculars to see the game, no comment heard from us to players refs or other crowd, thanks for nothing you footy hating premier gladys, just couldent wait another few days could you? bitch

Comment

Not looking forward to going back. Zero atmosphere. Crowd way too spread out and far away. If the weather is bad I can see myself watching from home. I don’t want to sit in the cold knowing that you can barely see the action on the field or on those tiny screens. Not seeing the clock is ridiculous. Even ANZ is better viewing.

Comment

Not much of home ground advantage at the SCG,looks like one of the many hurdles we face if we are going back to back.Liked the members bar,unfortunately some verminites infiltrated the area.
              The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

Gave it a go and walked away very unimpressed, the SCG might have been okay to watch the game 40 years ago but with todays rectangle stadiums it just shows's it's not up to the standards we are used to. Viewing distances weren't great, damn I miss those screens at each end of the field. I will watch it on Kayo at home from now on until we get a better ground to play on.

Comment

I knew it wouldn’t be as good as Allianz Stadium but I didn’t think it would be as bad as it was last night. A mile from the action. Half the time I’m asking what happened there and the tiny screen didn’t give me the answer. Half the time they didn’t replay the incident anyway. Couldn’t see the clock which was very frustrating. Atmosphere was zero. Imagine how bad that will be next home game against the Broncos when we will be lucky to get half the crowd. I really hate Gladys right now but feel I don’t have a choice in having to vote for her. The thought of not getting a new stadium now is very depressing. I am a member and season ticket holder so I will go to each home game. Our team needs our support this year and we have to put our discomfort aside and show up for them.

Comment

didnt feel like a home game at all.... as i said before we have been screwed! and god forbid they end up scrapping the new stadium and we get stuck in the SCG for good.
                    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                      I knew it wouldn’t be as good as Allianz Stadium but I didn’t think it would be as bad as it was last night. A mile from the action. Half the time I’m asking what happened there and the tiny screen didn’t give me the answer. Half the time they didn’t replay the incident anyway. Couldn’t see the clock which was very frustrating. Atmosphere was zero. Imagine how bad that will be next home game against the Broncos when we will be lucky to get half the crowd. I really hate Gladys right now but feel I don’t have a choice in having to vote for her. The thought of not getting a new stadium now is very depressing. I am a member and season ticket holder so I will go to each home game. Our team needs our support this year and we have to put our discomfort aside and show up for them.
                      Gladys is the one trying to build a great new stadium...a great new rectangular stadium with big screens, covered seating, even better than Allianz.

Comment

Pros and Cons:
                        Cons - Not being able to see the big screen. Particularly important with players further away.
                        - Getting wet when it rains.

Pros - The Roosters imagery all round the ground, including electronics.It must have felt pretty hostile for Souths fans, although their team delivered. We could really turn it into a big advantage for our home games.
                        - the history of the ground and aspect of the older stands.
                        - the Roosters Bar with decent full strength beers!!
                        - I didnt mind our fans being segregated a bit from theirs, I liked that part of the atmosphere.

We could make it work, but the big screens are the big factor which I highlighted in the off season.

Comment

Agree with all the comments. As a bronze member (upgraded from Flexi) sitting in Bay 1 it was bad. Couldn’t see the big screen and the small screen is too far away. On a dry day we will sit further forward so we can turn around and see the screen.

Food quality was better - didn’t have to queue and it was hot.

Overall disappointing knowing we are we are there for three years.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                            This.
                            The SCG is not ideal, but that's where we're playing this year.
                            What's the deal about next year? If we're not committed to the SCG, sounds like we should look for a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
                              didnt feel like a home game at all.... as i said before we have been screwed! and god forbid they end up scrapping the new stadium and we get stuck in the SCG for good.
                              There'll likely be no more Roosters if we get stuck at the SCG forever.
                              Fans simply will not go there...in sufficient numbers.

SCG is a horrible ground at which to watch NRL ...I could see that when I attended the open day last season.
                              I would've put Roosters members and Pen in the Brewongle stand,

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                                Looked crap on tv too.

Did full season ticket holders get a discount for this year?
                                Nope. The club is taking the utter piss.
                                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Working...
                                X