Did you like the SCG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

lol i have attended home games for years with over 3hrs travel, that doesnt include getting in and out of ground/car park. Moving to the SCG was always going to affect crowds. It is a pathetic place to watch league. What is pretty poor imo is naive supporters thinking this move wasn't going to affect the club in the short term
    Who said that? The problem is ďfansĒ that are dumping their team just because they donít like the ground they are playing out of for the next few years. It was the best of bad options.

Now someone who has been travelling ect as much as you have in the past would be someone I would expect not to do that because they go above and beyond.

Stop moaning.

Support your team.

They are the premiers.

Comment

Does the club have a get out option on the 3 years as I donít think itís viable. We should be playing out of proper football stadium and by far the best one will be at Parramatta. Any fan who wouldnít like the travel isnít a real fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

lol i have attended home games for years with over 3hrs travel, that doesnt include getting in and out of ground/car park. Moving to the SCG was always going to affect crowds. It is a pathetic place to watch league. What is pretty poor imo is naive supporters thinking this move wasn't going to affect the club in the short term
        I'm in the same boat as you, 3 hours of travel.

I thought long and hard about this, and decided to take the gamble to maintain membership seniority and stick with my extended family (continous members since '88).

​​​​​​​I suspect I'll attend a few less games this year.
        Originally posted by ism22;n764344
        I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
          Looked like a good crowd tonight, but I don't like watching RL at the SCG and will struggle to convince myself to go back there
          well well well This coming from the poster who responded to my post about the SCG being shitty to watch footy and that idf watch it on tv With thats what they want you to do
          Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
          Haile Selassie

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
            Does the club have a get out option on the 3 years as I donít think itís viable. We should be playing out of proper football stadium and by far the best one will be at Parramatta. Any fan who wouldnít like the travel isnít a real fan.
            After last nights experience I have to agree with this.
            Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
            Haile Selassie

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
              About 25% of all rugby league games ever played at the SCG had our team in them.

Itís where Messenger, Brown and Artie achieved greatness.

Itís in the Eastern Suburbs.

Itís a fitting home ground for us.

We fans have to adapt and get used to it.

Comment

Would love to adapt and get used to it,but I like to watch and see the game which at the SCG is unfortunately impossible. Even if it was free admittance I would not go and from now on will watch it from home .Last night was terrible , it was hard to distinguish between the players and the whole playing field was too far from the stands

Comment

Pretty ordinary viewing wise as we all knew it would be but even worse than I remember even with good seats in the Noble Stand. When I would drive to games at the SFS I would park in the Gold Member car park, you would be out of there and onto Anzac Pde in 10 mins and I would be home at St Peters in about half an hour, with the Gold Members car park gone I wouldn't park in the car park across the road which on a good day would take you at least an hour to get out off even longer. I don't mind catching public transport to Moore Park for the day games because you can still get home at a reasonable hour but as for night games that finish closer to 10 pm now it the option of driving was good but now that has been taken away. The only thing that the SCG is better than the SFS is the better food options in the lower section of the Noble.

I am not going to boycott going to the games because of the crappy viewing but I seriously hope for next year they explore further options, only play for a handful at the SCG and have a few more games at Gosford and maybe even WSS, remembering hopefully this is only a short term happening, wouldn't even mind a game at North Sydney or Leichhardt. Henson Park would be a great option but unfortunately there is no real corporate facilities at Henson.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

About 25% of all rugby league games ever played at the SCG had our team in them.

Yeh NO EXCUSES just be there!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

When you watch games at home, do you watch it on an old 30cm black and white Just because they had nothing better back then doesnít mean we should settle for it now.

If if it was one season, then I donít think too many would mind, but knowing you are gonna be in that crap for 3 seasons will deter many.

the least the club could do is have the members and the pen in the best available seats.

Comment

Originally posted by can'tkeepagoodcoqdown View Post
                        Hated it! Have a roosters bronze membership. Couldnt see what was happening in the game as we were so far away. Ending up watching it on a TV in the Concorse area. There was no atmosphere
                        Agreed! I did exactly the same. I actually left at half time and watched the rest at home on tv. Very not impressed with the allocation and made me angry about the closure of the SFS, where bronze membership seats had great views. Felt so disconnected from the game I'll probably see if I can get an upgrade to the Bill O'Reilly stand, but don't know how much better that will be. I'd rather go to Leichhardt or Kogarah.

I'm also hoping Labor get in and stop the demolition.The reasons given are crap! The exits were no worse than the SFS and the whole Hillsbrough comparison was garbage. Hillsbrough happened because the crowd couldn't get onto the pitch because of a ten foot fence and the crowd were crushed into a standing only terrace area, neither of which the SFS has. Why can't they wait till after the election? It's always very suspicious when governments are so anxious to get developments rushed through!
                        Last edited by ccfc bondi; 03-16-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

When you watch games at home, do you watch it on an old 30cm black and white Just because they had nothing better back then doesnít mean we should settle for it now.

If if it was one season, then I donít think too many would mind, but knowing you are gonna be in that crap for 3 seasons will deter many.

the least the club could do is have the members and the pen in the best available seats.
                          Arenít they on the side? They are the best seats.

Comment

No matter where you sit at the SCG you are way too far from the play. At least as a compensation itís good to be able to watch the big screen but from OíReily the big screen is at an
                            acute angle and the small screen is too tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Good post...it is going to be a long 3 years

Comment

Its funny you know I went to the SCG many times when I was younger & because the Sports Ground, Lidcombe Oval, Henson Oval or North Sydney Oval were similar in a way you just accepted you were a distance from play but you could still always see & work out what was happening in the game. Leichhardt Oval, Redfern Oval & Belmore Sports ground back in the day were the only grounds that you were able to sit close to the action.
                                I didnt go last night but after getting so used to the Footy Stadium I probably will also find the seating is far from the action. Oval grounds are just not suited to the rectangular games from a spectators point of view.
                                "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
                                So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                                ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                                I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

Working...
                                X