No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Sydney Roosters v Centrelink Rabb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to watch this again at home for a proper opinion, but my initial thoughts leaving the ground were:
    - they won the battle for territory, and tackle dominance which wins the game in these conditions;
    - our two gun centres seemed to lose the trick against their opposite numbers;
    - Burgess was stripping at the ball almost every tackle or playing for penalties instead of just playing the game. Oh God how I hate that smug disrespectful prick;
    - we ran our dry weather plays, which we always do regardless of the weather...some worked, some didn't;
    - we have so much improvement...just suck this little blimp up for now.
    - I hate Burgess.

Comment

• Not worried at all.

if anything I reckon it showed the likes of Latrell that we’’re up against it this year

plus they were never really out of reach

go Easts

Comment

• But there goes Bansai’s undefeated season. He can’t die until that happens, comrades

Comment

• all digested and in reflection im hoping this loss could make our season, lets be honest, we looked fat and contented, a team who didn't want to play hard grind football, a premiership superstar team, who needed a reset that needed to be reminded that the hype means nothing and " no we will not waltz through the season undefeated " . robbo will hit reset, im expecting a few fat lazy cat performances early on, and then we will come to play. perhaps the best thing that can happen so early on.

Comment

• We made too many errors and half the penalties that they did. That allowed them to get good field position and they had 3 tries from kicks that no one could defend against.

Comment

• Pro: Latrell and Toups taking the defeat personally and standing up to the cnts, saying fck you - we’ll smash you next time

Con: the disdain the club has shown loyal fans like me, by making the Chookpen have the worst seats in the house. No fkn screens and the players miles away. Seriously: **** off
              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• And they put the away fans behind one tryline, and no fans behind the other. So every time the opposition score, their fans are right there, firing them up.
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Glory Glory to South Sydney. Bad luck guys, but if you took my advice and put your hard earned on Souths you would have at least come out in front financially, not that most of you have the need.

BTW My kids will inherit a nice little nest egg. I have worked hard through my life and have been able to put a little away (a nice 7 figure super balance which I will convert to a pension for life and my dependents will access should I die before them) and also some shares and real property. Plus I still have my teeth and have two degrees from Uni.

You guys will come good, too much class in your outfit not too, but you have got to admit that Mr Handshake's recent record against Robbo is pretty good.

Don't ban me, I will only come out of the woodwork before the next time we meet.
                  Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                  South Sydney Forever

Comment

• Welcome to defending premierships.....seems like folks have learned nothing from 2003, 2014 etc.

Souffs are the benchmark....scary thing is they only gonna get better with their best prop returning.

Happy with the efforts of Friend and Aubo....68 and 53 tackles respectively
                    Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

• Same problems (possession lack of ) we’ve had for years. (Except last with Fergos go forward) we looked mentally burnt out as we have the players but they weren’t focused, just rushed plays as if expecting to win without any real effort to hang onto the ball. Tackles were sloppy and souths got out of many tackles. Looked bored and disinterested. Stupid flick passes in this weather? Motivation seems to be the real problem.
                      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Anyway I’m still as proud as can be after last year.
                        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIDE View Post
                          Glory Glory to South Sydney. Bad luck guys, but if you took my advice and put your hard earned on Souths you would have at least come out in front financially, not that most of you have the need.

BTW My kids will inherit a nice little nest egg. I have worked hard through my life and have been able to put a little away (a nice 7 figure super balance which I will convert to a pension for life and my dependents will access should I die before them) and also some shares and real property. Plus I still have my teeth and have two degrees from Uni.

You guys will come good, too much class in your outfit not too, but you have got to admit that Mr Handshake's recent record against Robbo is pretty good.

Don't ban me, I will only come out of the woodwork before the next time we meet.
                          yep had us well covered tonight, see you next time round , result may differ next time ala 2018 but i think souffs are in for another good year possible grand finalists

Comment

• Nothing to worry about. Chooks a little underdone.,i expected and predicted this result.Typucal bennet game.Play for field position ,plsy sets kick etc.
                            The only thing that botgered me was the constant of their defenders lying behind ou play the ball slowing and obstructing our attack ..hapoened twice in every set.They were doing this last year as well .
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Disappointing performance

Timing was out, knock-ons and forward passes

Errors coming very early in the set mainly in our get out sets, giving them good start field position

Piggyback penalties on their get out sets, giving them good field position leading to one of their tries.

With a 2:1 ratio of penalties, 15 errors, just over 40% possession which was mainly in poor field position, poor completion rates and complete nearly 400 tackles in a game, with 113 more tackles than the opposition, then their metres run are going to be good.

If I was Souths and I didn’t win I would be crushed.

Big positive for us was for the moments when we addressed all of the above and got in their 20 we scored well-constructed tries.

All of the above will only get better week to week.

That aside hate losing to Souths and rationalising what went on is small consolation.

Comment

• I thought it wasnt a bad game, it was tight for a long period. Cordner was very unlucky not to score, Burgess did a superb job stopping him. There was some brilliance from Latrell to strip the ball from Johnson 1 on 1 & within a minute the Roosters had scored. Radley & Keary both did try saving tackles. Keary was a bit off in attack but his defence was outstanding he has so much ticker. I thought Jake was our best he was in everything. It was wet when Souths skipped away they just seemed to adapt better mainly due to Reynolds.
                                Reynold, Burgess, Cameron Murray & Cook were outstanding for them. Souths are no easy beats & will be a top 4 side & Im sure the Roosters will play them at least 2 more times this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X