an evening with robbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    It’s going to go crazy in here when we have our first loss. Some will want Robbo hung.
    Robbo is up for life membership of the football club. He is going to be around for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Robbo is up for life membership of the football club. He is going to be around for a long time.
      Question: If Robbo had someone looking after the finances, do you think he could be the new Nick at some point in the future??

Comment

Brain is taking the reigns once Politis steps down. Everyone knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post

Question: If Robbo had someone looking after the finances, do you think he could be the new Nick at some point in the future??
          All I know is enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post

Mark Bouris you'd think? Rich Greek Roosters diehard who's good with numbers and business.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Chook View Post
              Was a great night. The big screen and all the interactive smaller screens around the ground were lit up. Looked great. The only problem most seats in gold, silver and Chookpen areas will not be able to see it because of the angle. Especially gold and silver. A bit ordinary.
              Joey and Aubbo both spoke about what it meant to them to be part of the roosters family. Their response was clear evidence we are a great club who treats our players and staff like family and it is greatly appreciated by the players. Also very handy for us in recruitment and retention. Because no one truly wants to leave our club once they experience what we are about. Robbo came on to a rousing reception. He first talked about the working class roots of our area. He gave a history lesson on the transformation of the area from those roots to the ritzy upmarket area we have today. He did this with speech and also used old photos on big screen. Having grown up in paddo and Bondi in 70s and 80s I could definitely relate. He talked about the history of the club and past players and coaches and the contributions of them and of course of uncle nick. His message to us the members and fans who walk around in our hats and jerseys every day putting up with I’ll informed jibes from opposing fans, his message is this. Walk with pride. We fought for this area. Our area built the city. The people of our area have had to work hard to stay there. Many like myself have had to move away from my childhood area because of the price. But our DNA is entwined I our area and don’t let anyone tell u otherwise. That was Robbos message. He talked about the redistribution of boundries which cost our club valuable junior areas and basically handed them to souffs. I have tried to explain to many souffs fans that east of Anzac Pde all the way to la perouse was ours. Was a great night. I loved it. E
              Yes, it's a terrible ground at which to watch NRL
              And people don't want a great new Allianz stadium...baaah!

Boundaries?
              No worries, just buy Souths juniors....they can't keep them all. Should be our players anyway.

Comment

id have been very happy to take it up on th3e run after that talk! fix bayonets and over the top you go

Comment

Working...
                X