Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 improvement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It appears Jake has been practicing his wrestling over the off-season.

    Comment


    • #17
      jake used some very cgheeky wrestling techniques that had the poms baffled definilty slowed their play the balls down when we needed it

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Kelby View Post
        Goal kicking. Both sst and lats need it. Teddy our 3rd choice? This is one area we have to improve. In close matches it will cost us.
        Prop short. I believe we are short one big bopper. Do we have a good young prop on the rise?
        Looks like liu is going to play prop this year to cover.
        Without getting howled down, Sam Kasiano anyone? Melbourne off loading him, my be willing to pay half. Sam for a year on 200k? Get him on the big macs again.
        Watched Kasiano playing for the Easts Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup GF at Suncorp.

        He was woeful when he came on.

        Tigers would have wished he stayed on the bench.

        Definitely donít want to see him in the red, white & blue...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by novice chook View Post

          I remember last year when many supporters were saying we were a prop short - didn't stop us winning the comp with what we had.

          Sam Kasiano - thanks but no thanks. Mistake riddled and past his use by date. Would prefer to give an opportunity to a young bloke already in the ranks.

          As for the goal kicking, Teddy will improve if he puts the practice in - just like Ferguson did. Fact is, as we tend to score our a lot of our tries out wide by our wingers and centres, we cannot count on the extra 2 point for the conversion. We just need to keep scoring tries.
          Fair points.

          We had Napa last year,

          I don't think lui at prop works, it weakens our 13. If Nat can train and play at 13 at the bears it will help. Is Farmer up to it?

          Goal kicking. Yep need to learn to score near the posts. Can we Keary to kick? He can do anything atm.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Kelby View Post

            Fair points.

            We had Napa last year,

            I don't think lui at prop works, it weakens our 13. If Nat can train and play at 13 at the bears it will help. Is Farmer up to it?

            Goal kicking. Yep need to learn to score near the posts. Can we Keary to kick? He can do anything atm.
            Yes, Napa's a loss and sure, Radley at 13 is a different story, but how different is Liu's play at 13 from if he plays as a prop? Last year Liu played a fair bit on the right, but with Crichton playing the full 80, Liu will play exclusively in the middle.

            Changing topic, one option out of left field is to play Ryan Hall off the bench as an x-factor forward. He might well play his way into a starting back position, but if he doesn't he's too good to be playing for the Bears.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by zac View Post

              Yes, Napa's a loss and sure, Radley at 13 is a different story, but how different is Liu's play at 13 from if he plays as a prop? Last year Liu played a fair bit on the right, but with Crichton playing the full 80, Liu will play exclusively in the middle.

              Changing topic, one option out of left field is to play Ryan Hall off the bench as an x-factor forward. He might well play his way into a starting back position, but if he doesn't he's too good to be playing for the Bears.
              Yep, Trent loves his wingers on the bench. Makes sense.

              I can see Bmoz at fullback, Hall to the wing during SOO.

              Comment


              • #22
                if it wasnt for origin i believe this team would be undefeated this season.Thats how high i rate them.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                  if it wasnt for origin i believe this team would be undefeated this season.Thats how high i rate them.
                  The team went very well during origin last year. JWH will be there as will CC so we will be alright.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Are the boys back in town?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                      Are the boys back in town?
                      Yes, I think they came back the next day. The holiday is over.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i expect most of them will play in the manly trial?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X