2019 improvement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 improvement

I tend to think the chooks have plenty of room for improvement and will be a better team this year than last. We really only played to our full potential in the last game of the year last year and looked disjointed most of the time. It's scary to think just how good this team can get. At the moment its roosters then daylight for mine.

Have to agree with you mate. I feel most of our 1st choice forwards will get better. I believe that solid guys like Lui, SST and Zane Tets have really matured and now know their game. Collins will also wanna make his mark. Our 2nd row in Cords, Angus Crighton and Radley are good enough to find themselves somewhere in the NSW team.

Regarding our backs Manu and Latrell are IMO the best 2 attacking centres in the world. We really realised how much we missed Toops when he was out with his pec injury. While we all saw what Bmoz is still capable off.

Look how well Coops and Keary where able to gel last season. After an average start to the season we all witnessed how they peaked towards the end of the year.

And let's not forget Teddy (who's ball playing last year was the best he has produced in his career) or JWH (who is our most important forward).

Taking all of the above into account I haven't even mentioned our defense which proved during the 2nd half of the season how good it can get be when they pull their heads in.

Players talk about the lack of motivation but I reckon Robbo and Coops can lift the team mentally both on and off the field respectively.

At the beginning of last year my gut told me that season 2019 would be our season, as we would improve on the ground work laid in 2018. The premiership last year was just a bonus.

Roosters 1st Daylight 2nd in my opinion is an understatement. injury seems to be the main reason to stop us from going back 2 back.

Comment

Goal kicking. Both sst and lats need it. Teddy our 3rd choice? This is one area we have to improve. In close matches it will cost us.
      Prop short. I believe we are short one big bopper. Do we have a good young prop on the rise?
      Looks like liu is going to play prop this year to cover.
      Without getting howled down, Sam Kasiano anyone? Melbourne off loading him, my be willing to pay half. Sam for a year on 200k? Get him on the big macs again.

Comment

They have just got to keep backing up in their defence the way they do now and thats all we need .
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
          Goal kicking. Both sst and lats need it. Teddy our 3rd choice? This is one area we have to improve. In close matches it will cost us.
          Prop short. I believe we are short one big bopper. Do we have a good young prop on the rise?
          Without getting howled down, Sam Kasiano anyone? Melbourne off loading him, my be willing to pay half. Sam for a year on 200k? Get him on the big macs again.
          Lindsay Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
            I remember last year when many supporters were saying we were a prop short - didn't stop us winning the comp with what we had.

Sam Kasiano - thanks but no thanks. Mistake riddled and past his use by date. Would prefer to give an opportunity to a young bloke already in the ranks.

As for the goal kicking, Teddy will improve if he puts the practice in - just like Ferguson did. Fact is, as we tend to score our a lot of our tries out wide by our wingers and centres, we cannot count on the extra 2 point for the conversion. We just need to keep scoring tries.
            Roll on Season 2017 ...

Comment

Offloads. With Teddy and LM following the ball we should be able to get some good second phase play going. Was great to see JWH with 2 beauties against Wigan. Crighton also has the ability to offload as does SST. As for Nat B he needs to choose the right moment and not force it when it's not on.

Comment

You'd figure we won't have the clunky attack of the first 8 rounds of last season.

Crichton on the right is a step up in class.

If the WCC is anything to go by, it looks like Keary and Cronk will pop up everywhere and anywhere in attack.

We need to have a continuing commitment to defence.

Comment

Im not sure we have to improve. If we can play as good as last year that will be good enough to go back to back. In my opinion the only team I can see improving a heap this year is the Knights. With a fair run with injuries they will press for top 4 in my opinion

Comment

i noticed wigan were gobsmacked when we started the aggressive defense that we played against Melbourne, they had no answer for it, but its very energy sapping and as a first up game there is no match fitness

Comment

I thought Jake had a great game on Monday but my only thing about him is as he gets up of a tackled player, he glances back at the defence which obviously slows him down and likelihood of getting penalised here in Australia. Is that a tactical ploy from Trent or is it just Jake? I'm just hoping for a penalty free zone for 2019...or close to it, but it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                        You'd figure we won't have the clunky attack of the first 8 rounds of last season.

Crichton on the right is a step up in class.

If the WCC is anything to go by, it looks like Keary and Cronk will pop up everywhere and anywhere in attack.

We need to have a continuing commitment to defence.
                        Our preseason wasn’t the best though. Cooper Cronk missed some due to the World Cup, and then Luke Keary broke his jaw, so this preseason for Cronk and Keary should be better
                        "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Let's hope Keary doesn't decide to show off on a scooter again

Comment

Jimmy Maloney maybe has the answers because of late he seems to have an opinion on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                              Jimmy Maloney maybe has the answers because of late he seems to have an opinion on everything.
                              Lol...Ive noticed that too.

He seems to have all the answers.

Funny thing is I think one interview has generated about four different Jimmy opinion piece articles. Media is struggling in the calm before the storm.

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Working...
                              X