Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Hastings be Roosters half post Cronk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Jacko jnr playing a similar role to that of Daniel Mortimer off the bench. But it will never be with us.

The fact that he had the same types of issues at 2 clubs points to him being the common dominator, more than the players around him.

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
      It would not surprise me in 2020 if a new model Jackson Hastings returns to the NRL.

The kid always had the talent, but unfortunately not the attitude.
      After the fall out with the Roosters team he was snapped up by Manly
      He was then trashed by Manly, then having no choice, but to play in the English Super League, he signed with Salford.
      He is now a fan favourite at Salford.

A podcast which Jackson did on air and it appears a more humble Jackson who blames himself for his own actions which cost him his NRL career.

Link One:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...a1032e2ca4cc9d

Now he has turned down an offer from Wigan and resigned with Salford for one more year.

Link Two:

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rug...iors-1-9563786

It looks to me that his mission is he intends to play in the NRL again.

I might keep an eye on Salford this year too see how he goes.
      Absolutely no chance

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
        It would not surprise me in 2020 if a new model Jackson Hastings returns to the NRL.

The kid always had the talent, but unfortunately not the attitude.
        After the fall out with the Roosters team he was snapped up by Manly
        He was then trashed by Manly, then having no choice, but to play in the English Super League, he signed with Salford.
        He is now a fan favourite at Salford.

A podcast which Jackson did on air and it appears a more humble Jackson who blames himself for his own actions which cost him his NRL career.

Link One:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...a1032e2ca4cc9d

Now he has turned down an offer from Wigan and resigned with Salford for one more year.

Link Two:

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rug...iors-1-9563786

It looks to me that his mission is he intends to play in the NRL again.

I might keep an eye on Salford this year too see how he goes.
        More likely to replace Friend than cronk!

Dummy half? Maybe................

Comment

**** me dead
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

A new interview by Zac Bailey from nrl.com uploaded about 6hrs ago

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/14/...ings-ive-done/

Comment

i never had a problem with jackson, he was set up by cherry evans at manly, id be very happy to have him back in the squad

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                i remember watching him score some good tries, hes not that slow?not as quick as keary but anout cronks pace, ju ju is quick so weve been spoilt a bit for pace in the halves
                Speaking of Ju Ju, I have it on excellent authority that he and SKD have been running riot in Newcastle over the past 3 or 4 months. I mean really bad.

Comment

I wouldnt mind if he came back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post

Speaking of Ju Ju, I have it on excellent authority that he and SKD have been running riot in Newcastle over the past 3 or 4 months. I mean really bad.
                    Oh yeah... source?

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                    i never had a problem with jackson, he was set up by cherry evans at manly, id be very happy to have him back in the squad
                    Other players came out in his defence. The issue with Jacko is that nobody knows why he's fallen out of favour with 2 clubs other than to say that neither club openly criticised him or felt comfortable revealing what had happened.

I suspect the story is basically that nothing happened, but Friend and DCE had a personality clash with him. Thus, we'll never see Hastings at Bondi while Friend is captain. Personally, I think Friend is the better pick of the two. However, it leaves the door open for a more mature Hastings to return one day if Friend falls out of favour. Not hoping for this, but could happen...
                    Last edited by ism22; 02-17-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

While at the Roosters plenty of things happened with Hastings. He was a right fruitcake. He was a likeable young man at times but just loopy at others
                      This was not a case of boys being boys this was a case of someone existing in a completely different universe..

People might have come to his defense in the med ia, but when asked no one will bag anyone.

Not only did he burn bridges he filled the rivers with poison Unless there is a complete change of staff (coaching and behind the scenes) Hasting will not be allowed anywhere near the club
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

Most overhyped player to come out of bondi

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                          I wouldnt mind if he came back.
                          Why would that be?
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                            While at the Roosters plenty of things happened with Hastings. He was a right fruitcake. He was a likeable young man at times but just loopy at others
                            This was not a case of boys being boys this was a case of someone existing in a completely different universe..

People might have come to his defense in the med ia, but when asked no one will bag anyone.

Not only did he burn bridges he filled the rivers with poison Unless there is a complete change of staff (coaching and behind the scenes) Hasting will not be allowed anywhere near the club
                            You're spot on Kingbilly. His attitude goes way back to his St George junior days. The forums were full of it before he even joined the Roosters. He had a dream start under Robbo and good contract. No-one to blame but himself for being moved on. And even Jackson admitted that before he laced up a boot at Manly. It then being DCE's faultthat it didn't work out again is an amusing theory but again completely fallacious as Hastings is on record as saying.

He also admitted - as if we needed any proof - that he was as slow as a wet week in attack. Preferred the kicking game, which he did have rare skill at. The one on Kenny Dowell's chest was a highlight. But he did plenty of that in the lower grades. I always thought maybe hooker could be his go when he got older.

Another problem with his game was he wasn't putting the shoulder in often and hard enough in defence and was bounced off too many times for Jake's liking. Second man in too much. I've never known a captain to accuse players in a post match for not putting in the effort but I saw it after one Gold Coast game up there in 2016. Some of our junior guys couldn't do the 80 minutes. It wasn't limited to Jackson alone.

He lost me when he tried the hero play in an Anzac clash in 2016 that we could havem and should have, won. Butchered a try with five men outside. Anyway I hope he's learnt from all of this. He sounds like he has. But then again - he's always come across well in the interview.

There was a lot of pressure living up to the Hastings name at Easts. But a lot of opportunity attached to. I did think he had talent at reading a game. He showed that in the juniors and for Newtown. Super League may restore his confidence. Seems to be But finding constant excuses for Jackson was not helping anyone. And it won't in the future. As he takes more responsibility on and off the field, maturity will come naturally.

Comment

After watching the game this morning, I wonder if the little 6 from Wigan might be looking to prove himself. I thought he was very impressive in a beaten team

Comment

why was he talking to adrian Lam pre game this morning. are they mates
                                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X