Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Hastings be Roosters half post Cronk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would anyone consider this a possibility, regardless of whether he can play or not he burnt so many bridges he could not return from Manly let alone the UK
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
      Why would anyone consider this a possibility, regardless of whether he can play or not he burnt so many bridges he could not return from Manly let alone the UK
      Because for all people say he was a promising young half and a lack of talent wasn't his issue.

Slow? I remember him being super fit and having a mad six pack.

Comment

They guy is well known to be a tosser. There's a reason that gentleman JWH threw him up against the wall that one time.
        Zebras and stripes.

Comment

He was never that talented, and he’s a massive twat apparently.

It’s a no from me.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Because for all people say he was a promising young half and a lack of talent wasn't his issue.

Slow? I remember him being super fit and having a mad six pack.
            Watch the few games he played for us in 2016. Not sure that was accentuated more when you watched him live, but I remember thinking he was bloody slow for a young of 20 year odd compared to the other young halves around at the time. And others around me at the games mentioned it as well.

No one was saying he wasn't fit - he just had no speed and power in his legs. He seemed to take an age to get moving from a standing start.
            Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

Watch the few games he played for us in 2016. Not sure that was accentuated more when you watched him live, but I remember thinking he was bloody slow for a young of 20 year odd compared to the other young halves around at the time. And others around me at the games mentioned it as well.

No one was saying he wasn't fit - he just had no speed and power in his legs. He seemed to take an age to get moving from a standing start.
              His Dad was the same....but had the heart of a lion.

Comment

If his name was Jackson Smith, would this even be a thread?

He is where he is meant to be - Super League.

He is not, nor will he ever be, NRL standard IMO.

Don't let his father's deeds cloud your judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  They guy is well known to be a tosser. There's a reason that gentleman JWH threw him up against the wall that one time.
                  Zebras and stripes.
                  1. Now you're just making up alleged incidents that never happened.
                  2. Robbo, Barrett and various senior players defended him and said he's a good kid.
                  3. He was talented... booted us into a preliminary final with zero notice.
                  4. Something odd happened and we'll never know what it was!!! His dad was the same... best club player to never be selected in a rep team. NOW WHY NOT? Read between the lines. Not a lack of talent and people enjoy playing with him. Nobody dares to publicly state what it is with these two. In both cases it seems to have been captains rather than coaches and players who have been like 'nup not him' and this inevitably forces coaches/teams to side with their captain.

If I were to guess... I reckon Horrie and his son are both the type who are not afraid to stick their hand up and tell the captain how it is, even if they know it won't win them any social points (with players silently clapping but too scared to say anything). DCE and Friend were the only two people who ever had an issue with Jacko. On this note I doubt Jacko will ever blay for us again while Friend is captain (and Friend is the better player who has proven himself...etc so go figure).

We will see Jacko again. However, not in the RWB as long as Jake's here. On this one I stand with the club... put me in Robbo's position and I'd also side with Jake. This tactic (which I have been critical of in the past) seems to have worked too. Like any organisation... you respect the systems it has chosen including the leadership team because harmony is more important than any individual player. If you think Jake's wrong then I'm sure he's willing to listen if you share your opinion once, privately and respectfully. If you're constantly cutting him off in front of others (which I suspect Jacko was... possibly with some good points but wrong tone/timing) then you're challenging his leadership... not cool.
                  Last edited by ism22; 02-01-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Watching Kevin Hastings every week when the Roosters regularly got beat at the Sydney Sports Ground, the amount of blood and skin he left behind in the soil, was the main reason I kept turning up to the games.
                    Based on that, I still have a wish to see this kid succeed.
                    I don't know what went down at the Roosters or Manly, and I don't know if it is repairable.
                    If it is repairable, and he has grown up, changed his ways and has the talent I say "Never say Never.

Comment

Friend is 28
                      Hastings is 23.

I think we'll see Hastings again. I know I'd like to see him back here, to have a rails run without any now former halfbacks of ours in front of him.

Comment

4. Something odd happened and we'll never know what it was!!! His dad was the same... best club player to never be selected in a rep team. NOW WHY NOT?
                        l.
                        Because the selectors rated Sterlo and Mortimer above him, and politics led to Murray being third choice for the Kangaroo tour.
                        Kevin was just unlucky, and no one has ever hinted it was ever a problem of his own making until you came along.

Comment

1. Now you're just making up alleged incidents that never happened.
                          2. Robbo, Barrett and various senior players defended him and said he's a good kid.
                          3. He was talented... booted us into a preliminary final with zero notice.
                          4. Something odd happened and we'll never know what it was!!! His dad was the same... best club player to never be selected in a rep team. NOW WHY NOT? Read between the lines. Not a lack of talent and people enjoy playing with him. Nobody dares to publicly state what it is with these two. In both cases it seems to have been captains rather than coaches and players who have been like 'nup not him' and this inevitably forces coaches/teams to side with their captain.

If I were to guess... I reckon Horrie and his son are both the type who are not afraid to stick their hand up and tell the captain how it is, even if they know it won't win them any social points (with players silently clapping but too scared to say anything). DCE and Friend were the only two people who ever had an issue with Jacko. On this note I doubt Jacko will ever blay for us again while Friend is captain (and Friend is the better player who has proven himself...etc so go figure).

We will see Jacko again. However, not in the RWB as long as Jake's here. On this one I stand with the club... put me in Robbo's position and I'd also side with Jake. This tactic (which I have been critical of in the past) seems to have worked too. Like any organisation... you respect the systems it has chosen including the leadership team because harmony is more important than any individual player. If you think Jake's wrong then I'm sure he's willing to listen if you share your opinion once, privately and respectfully. If you're constantly cutting him off in front of others (which I suspect Jacko was... possibly with some good points but wrong tone/timing) then you're challenging his leadership... not cool.
                          I believe you will find there was more than 1 player at the Roosters who had a problem with Hastings Jnr. Jake copped the flack (as is the norm at the Chooks, he is the perennial scapegoat) but he certainly wasnt alone in having an issue with Hasting Jnr's personality and attitude. From memory, JWH was one of them, so Thirteen could well be on the money.

Horrie was different - he was your quintessential team first man. Something I doubt his son will ever be.

I hope Hastings Jnr has learned some lessons over in the UK and one day makes a return to the NRL - but I suspect it will as a utility/back up player, not as a starting half, if at all.
                          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Some people don't get it, its not about a cocky young kid, its far beyond that.
                            Sure he may get better, I hope he does. But his behaviour was so far from normal that the Rooster will have nothing to do with him again
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

No redemption story for him at Easts.

Comment

He could be a great pick up for the Bears!

Comment

Working...
                                X