No announcement yet.

The SCG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is crap to watch League at the SCG, no doubt about it. Its going to be a long few years

Comment

Unfortunately the SCG is not going to be as good as the SFS in terms of viewing, facilities are first class though, we all know that however this team and club deserve our support after what they gave us last year. They need and deserve as many of as possible to attend and cheer them on in what is a really good chance to create history and go back to back.

Comment

I think the only thing to beat easts is the stadium. We had a home ground advantage due to the chookpen cluster. At allianz. The scg is a ferrel joint when the swans play there.
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

This is basically the view from what looks to be a slightly elevated position in the Roosters section.

Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            This is basically the view from what looks to be a slightly elevated position in the Roosters section.
            ANZ with 10000 will feel like the Colosseum compared to League at this joint

Comment

The SCG is a kick in the guts. Terrible place to watch league. Bring your binoculars.

Comment

or vote the alp into state power get allianz fixed up and well be back in her for 2020 season

Comment

How absurd is the 'unsafe' argument for the SFS?

That's the last refuge of the developer. 'It's gotta go, it's unsafe.'

Someone on here even called it a 'death trap'. I mean really. What a load of shite.

Comment

Harden up guys. Its not like were back at Henson park
                    "This has been the case against the Roosters for decades" - TR, Roosters 2-11 Penalty Count V Manly 28/03/2014

Comment

Henson Park would be preferable.

Comment

One thing people might want to be aware of is that the Eels have more than doubled their membership prices for their new stadium with season tickets starting from $600. You should expect the same to happen when our new stadium is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                          It is crap to watch League at the SCG, no doubt about it. Its going to be a long few years
                          It's crap watching cricket there too, but that's an inherent feature of watching cricket so not much I can do there.

Cricket's only fun when you have a lot of free time and somebody's smuggled a bottle of cheap whisky in so you can roll around on the grassy hill getting maggot. Even thT's pretty shyte because you're in the sun, so get burned heaps of and up having to drink a looot of water.

Other fun cricket moments:
                          - When that dude used the robotic pigeon to deliver some ciggies to Warne
                          - Watching that big dude from Bermuda do an awesome leap for a catch

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                          Henson Park would be preferable.
                          ES Marks FTW!!

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                          One thing people might want to be aware of is that the Eels have more than doubled their membership prices for their new stadium with season tickets starting from $600. You should expect the same to happen when our new stadium is finished.
                          Yeah awesome because they paid for the new stadium so would have lotsa costs and stuff? Oh wait... 100% funded by taxpayers.

As mentioned elsewhere, we're not getting a new stadium anyway (just a reno) so they won't be doing this to us.
                          Last edited by ism22; 01-08-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I recieved my scg trust membership newsletter a few months ago which said the field will be the opposite way to usual, making the noble stand face the sideline around the half way line and the Oreilly stand and ladies stand behind the goal posts on each end.
                            Last edited by DoodleDo; 01-08-2019, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoodleDo View Post
                              I recieved my scg trust membership newsletter a few months ago which said the field will be the opposite way to usual, making the noble stand facing the sideline around half way line and the Oreilly stand and ladies stand behind the goal posts on each end.
                              Are you sure that wasnt for the Sydney FC soccer game?
                              "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
                              So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                              ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                              I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Are you sure that wasnt for the Sydney FC soccer game?
                                I know they are doing it for the soccer, but im sure it said it would be the same confirguration for the NRL. I no longer have the newsletter so i can't confirm it 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X