Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SCG

Hey Guys

Been a paid member now for years and have always bought the Chookpen membership because the atmosphere in the pen at allianz mixed with being close to the action made it a no brainer purchase.. but 2019 is the first time I am questioning whether to buy the chookpen membership or to upgrade to gold? reason is im not too keen on the SCG... i have never been in there to be honest so im not 100% sure but looking at pictures it seems like the chookpen is seated pretty damn far from the field.. so i wanted to ask you guys who have been to SCG games whether this is the case and if the gold member seating is better for viewing at the SGC? or am i looking to much into this and the scg seating is great?

P.S i know its abit picky but getting to games isnt easy for me and its important for me and my family that when we go to games its the best experience possible.
    Last edited by IRoosterManI; 01-07-2019, 02:42 PM.
    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

You will be far away no matter where you sit. I definately think by upgrading to gold you will get a better perspective of the game as the gold seats are not on the bottom tier like the Chookpen is. Either way I think itís important for all potential members to renew or join and continue your support. The club had taken the best option by moving games to the SCG and as always we need to get behind them.

Comment

the chook pen is situated in the bill oreilly stand basically just away from the old paddo hill on half way line, i played on the scg once many many years back and seem to remember thats the location in relation to halfway, in that case im renewing in the pen but not so happy about sitting in a reserved seat, ive got used to the carefree seating in the pen always seated sort of same seat so get to know other penners around you! seen the pics of t Allianz being disassembled! disgraceful waste of money, id love it to be rejuvenated foir us then back next season! so politically..sorry im voting alp to kick out this hopless never finish
      anything government

Comment

I dont know where I willsit next season The only decent place to watch footy from was that stand between the Bradman and Hill Stand but they knocked that down to build that stupid scoreboard Maybe stay home and watch it on tv till the big games come then jump on the band wagon
        Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
        Haile Selassie

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
          Hey Guys

Been a paid member now for years and have always bought the Chookpen membership because the atmosphere in the pen at allianz mixed with being close to the action made it a no brainer purchase.. but 2019 is the first time I am questioning whether to buy the chookpen membership or to upgrade to gold? reason is im not too keen on the SCG... i have never been in there to be honest so im not 100% sure but looking at pictures it seems like the chookpen is seated pretty damn far from the field.. so i wanted to ask you guys who have been to SCG games whether this is the case and if the gold member seating is better for viewing at the SGC? or am i looking to much into this and the scg seating is great?

P.S i know its abit picky but getting to games isnt easy for me and its important for me and my family that when we go to games its the best experience possible.
          Roosterman, Iím also sfs member.

im planning in sitting in the noble stand. Different perspective being behind the play. Most good coaches do video from behind to see gaps etc.

try it and look forward to your thoughts re the experience. Also the new stand is 1st class
          "This has been the case against the Roosters for decades" - TR, Roosters 2-11 Penalty Count V Manly 28/03/2014

Comment

I will be sitting in the Noble stand too, even though you are behind the in goal, it is elevated and you get to see the whole field. When we played Saints there back in 2010 I sat in the old Noble stand right where it met the Bradman Stand, it was a great view.
            Last edited by horrie hastings; 01-07-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
              I will be sitting in the Noble stand too, even though you are behind the in goal, it is elevated and you get to see the whole field. When we played Saints there back in 2010 I sat in the old Noble stand right where it met the Bradman Stand, it was a great view.
              I remember seeing campo play act u19s vs nsw. Campo blitzed them. I was in Bradman. Can still remember his class from memory he scored 4-5 tries

nice field perspective to witness skills. If not member consider Bradman stand.
              "This has been the case against the Roosters for decades" - TR, Roosters 2-11 Penalty Count V Manly 28/03/2014

Comment

Since I'll be watching most games on TV from Brisbane, I hope they place the cameras in the right places. I was watching old games from the SCG and the main camera was set somewhere near the quarter line... You couldn't tell where the play was at. Hope they got that right by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                  Maybe stay home and watch it on tv
                  well thats what the NRL want

The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

damn I miss the SFS already... but i guess its gold or noble stand for me, hate where the chookpen is this year.
                    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

A big factor for me is the amazing huge screens that we had at the SFS. Thats what made it the best ground in Oz.

We were assured they, or at least one, would be transplanted at the SCG.

Hope thats right.

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

The last time I saw Easts play at the SCG , I was sitting in the bob stand.
                        Terry Fahey was fullback that day.

Comment

They should do seating on the field.

It's an oval stadium there's no good seats for footy.

Comment

Watched Easts hand Saints their arses in 75 GF from Noble Stand with my late dad. Johnny Mayes scored the first try under the posts right in front of me after a great run by Bruce Pickett. Watched plenty of games there from Noble Stand, great spot.

Comment

I went to watch the India test there to see what itís like, was pretty impressed with the view from all around, not as far to the middle of the pitch as I remember it, the GA tickets they send with membership pack are in the Bradman stand which looks pretty good, if the field is running how the cricket pitch was, then the noble stand closest to the ladies Pavillon, or bill orielly stand where the chookpen is should be pretty good too.

Comment

Working...
                              X