NRL making plans for interstate grand final if stadiums plan torn up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Take a breath jizzy dead set you need a few billies and a stress reliever mate after that rant.

Only a padded cell could contain this sort of mania...with no internet access....please.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Only a padded cell could contain this sort of mania...with no internet access....please.
      And a Yoko Ono mantra on loop at full pelt piped in for his jizzy pleasure.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Vote for Gladys and her Liberals govt and we get a nice, new, faaabulous stadium...with all that entails.

Vote for Daley and his Labor govt and we get nothing...no new stadium, with the money just disappearing into the invisible drain that is "schools and hospitals".

The choice is crystal clear.
        No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.

Comment

The part of the argument I don't get ..Allianz should not be knocked down because it is only 30 years old .... But wasn't Parra Stadium also built in the 80's, and there was never a word uttered about demolishing that for a new stadium. I know this West Syd stadium is not as expensive as the new Allianz .... but it was the same age, and yet no argument that stadium was outdated.

So long as we have somewhere to follow the chooks (thats not the SCG), then I wont care if its a brand new Gladys stadium or a put back together re-done Daly stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
            The part of the argument I don't get ..Allianz should not be knocked down because it is only 30 years old .... But wasn't Parra Stadium also built in the 80's, and there was never a word uttered about demolishing that for a new stadium. I know this West Syd stadium is not as expensive as the new Allianz .... but it was the same age, and yet no argument that stadium was outdated.

So long as we have somewhere to follow the chooks (thats not the SCG), then I wont care if its a brand new Gladys stadium or a put back together re-done Daly stadium
            It won't be knocked down anyway so it's a moot point.

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Yep mate I suffer from a mental health condition and know how scary it is to be scheduled. Thanks for bringing back memories and making a joke out of it all because I threw some logic into your Liberal Party propaganda.

Seriously, what kind of a flog goes onto a Roosters forum and is like 'VOTE LIBERAL!!!! THEY LOOK AFTER OUR CLUB!!!' We get it, you are a rusted on conservative voter. Tried thinking for yourself?
            Last edited by ism22; 02-12-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

It can't be redone to anywhere near the standard required for today's safety laws and building codes.
              One small terrorist attack inside...look at all those fans trying to exit in a stampede thru those narrow exits.
              No sprinklers. Guess Daley Labor could always run garden sprinkler pipes over the seating areas.
              Fans get wet. Guess Daley Labor could always sling some tarps up on ropes and pull them over the fans seating when it looks like rain.
              Old and pathetic lifts. Guess Daley Labor could always hang some more lifts off the outside of the stadium.
              Not enough room/facilities for male and female footy teams. Guess Daley Labor could always hang some change rooms off the sides of the stadium.
              Only enough female toilets for a crowd of 500. Guess Daley Labor could always hang some more toilets off the sides of the stadium.
              The list is long.
              Daley said he's gonna rip up the light rail too.
              Sounds very spiteful.
              Do I want him as Premier of my state? No thank you.

As a Rabbits supporter, wonder what Daley would do if Allianz were Souths' home ground?.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

It can't be redone to anywhere near the standard required for today's safety laws and building codes.
                One small terrorist attack inside...look at all those fans trying to exit in a stampede thru those narrow exits.
                No sprinklers. Guess Daley Labor could always run garden sprinkler pipes over the seating areas.
                Fans get wet. Guess Daley Labor could always sling some tarps up on ropes and pull them over the fans seating when it looks like rain.
                Old and pathetic lifts. Guess Daley Labor could always hang some more lifts off the outside of the stadium.
                Not enough room/facilities for male and female footy teams. Guess Daley Labor could always hang some change rooms off the sides of the stadium.
                Only enough female toilets for a crowd of 500. Guess Daley Labor could always hang some more toilets off the sides of the stadium.
                The list is long.
                Daley said he's gonna rip up the light rail too.
                Sounds very spiteful.
                Do I want him as Premier of my state? No thank you.

As a Rabbits supporter, wonder what Daley would do if Allianz were Souths' home ground?.
                Oh yes, what do the safety laws say, sorry?

Seriously, blow a horn for your political party all you want, $1 billion of public money is a loooot of money. Politics aside, where is that money coming from and why do you agree with a plan to fund it all out of the public purse?

Bonus points... how would doing so please regular Liberal voters who see themselves as being fiscal conservatives?

Comment

Personally I see all the terrorism and building code excuses stated by politicians as BS.
                  why can’t they just say that it is more cost effective to rip and replace then depreciate the asset over x years like you would a plane?
                  perhaps stadiums these days have shorter shelf lives than we have as beliefs. Waste of money and resources if true
                  Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

In all things like this, you need to see who benefits. The party that supports corporations, including ones that build stadia, decided to knock down one that is in need of repair not demolition. Would that we lived in a just world then every minister involved would declare their future employment and financial details.

Comment

If they were fair dink-um about demolishing it it would have been gone by now.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Oh yes, what do the safety laws say, sorry?

Seriously, blow a horn for your political party all you want, $1 billion of public money is a loooot of money. Politics aside, where is that money coming from and why do you agree with a plan to fund it all out of the public purse?

Bonus points... how would doing so please regular Liberal voters who see themselves as being fiscal conservatives?
                        $730m, not 1 billion.

Narrow exits, death trap in case of emergency [like suicide bomber], fire, etc.
                        No sprinklers.
                        The money is being invested/funded from the public purse by the elected govt...as are roads, tunnels, trains, hospitals, schools etc.
                        New stadium for all to enjoy...fans of soccer, Rugby Union, Rugby League, concerts etc.
                        Womens teams catered for with womens dressing rooms.
                        Many more sections for disabled people.
                        Many more toilets, especially for women.
                        Rugby League, NSW's premier sport will get a fantastic new stadium...only if the Liberal govt is re-elected.
                        The 'politics of envy' lot can't see the benefits.
                        Fiscal conservative doesn't mean you never build new infrastructure when needed to advance the status of the state... and provide We the People with the excellence we deserve.

North West railway thru Kellyville etc.
                        North Connex tunnel under Pennant Hills Rd [ever tried going north out of Sydney on the M1 via Pennant Hills Rd on a Saturday morning/school holidays etc? or along Pennant Hills Rd in peak hour weekdays?

Wanna live in a backwater, decades behind the times? … no worries, just vote Labor...they couldn't even introduce an Opal card system for public transport, kept announcing, then cancelling.
                        Last edited by bondi.boy; 02-23-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Daily Telegraph today 23.2.2019

The demolition of Allianz Stadium at Moore Park has been delayed by a last-minute court injunction, just weeks out from the March state election.
                          Contractor Lendlease was scheduled to bring in the bulldozers to begin the ‘hard demolition’ of the sports ground, but the developer is now in a holding pattern until the injunction is lifted.

LDM ["Local Democracy Matters"] also argues the government did not exhibit the stadium demolition proposal for the required period of time, and failed to consider design excellence.

The community group’s case is being heard concurrently with an action brought by Waverley Council, which is also challenging the knockdown.

#####

Oh well, there goes our new stadium.
                          Last edited by bondi.boy; 02-23-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

If the stadium doesn't get pulled down, maybe we could conduct guided tours of the place, highlighting the last game of league played there … This is where Burgess laid a cheap shot on Cronk, but to no avail … This is where Fergo tip-toed inside the sideline to score … This is where the Souths player missed a shot for goal, ensuring defeat for the forces of darkness ...

Comment

The SCG is a horrible place from which to watch Rugby League, as Roosters fans will soon discover.
                              Good luck getting big crowds there long term.

Knocking down Allianz stadium and building a big new low-rise Rabbits Leagues/Recreation Club with lots of parking on the site would no doubt be pleasing to a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                                Daily Telegraph today 23.2.2019

The demolition of Allianz Stadium at Moore Park has been delayed by a last-minute court injunction, just weeks out from the March state election.
                                Contractor Lendlease was scheduled to bring in the bulldozers to begin the ‘hard demolition’ of the sports ground, but the developer is now in a holding pattern until the injunction is lifted.

LDM ["Local Democracy Matters"] also argues the government did not exhibit the stadium demolition proposal for the required period of time, and failed to consider design excellence.

The community group’s case is being heard concurrently with an action brought by Waverley Council, which is also challenging the knockdown.

#####

Oh well, there goes our new stadium.
                                Bloody hell I dislike that council. Parking meters everywhere. This funds everything. Lazy. Uncreative..

achieve something waverley c..

i was against the stadium demolition but now too late. Cheaper and better value to knock down than renovate.

the council lost me with the naming of function room at Waverley oval new grandstand, the Margaret Whitlam room.. she never had any involvement in local Sport like the footy codes or cricket that I recall
                                Last edited by The Axe; 02-23-2019, 03:20 PM.
                                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Working...
                                X