SBW return in 2020?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBW return in 2020?

SBW has basically confirmed he is returning to Sydney at the end of his Rugby Union commitments next year, also confirmed he has a handshake deal with Uncle Nick if he returns to RL it will be with the Roosters.

While he would be great for the club culture post Cronk, I'm not sure on the field a 34y/o SBW would be the right move for us.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...a8aae23237d16a

Id prefer to remember SBW for what he gave us in his original stint with us and his legacy afterwards. Just my opinion but i dont think it would be beneficial for either party if he returns

Comment

If Cameron Smith can keep playing at 36 there is no reason why SBW can't keep playing at 34. He (SBW) is an extraordinarily fit athlete. May not have the impact as he did in 2013 but if we don't pay overs he could be good value.
      "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        Just my opinion but i dont think it would be beneficial for either party if he returns
        Curious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why not?

Comment

If he's body is up to it and he's not commanding premium dollars I could see him making alot of impact off the bench.

Comment

Nahhhhh. Maybe as a coach. Adding sbw to the mix we will have toooo many 2nd rowers.
            boyd. Chrichton. Butcher. Liu. Radley. Maubs
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
              Nahhhhh. Maybe as a coach. Adding sbw to the mix we will have toooo many 2nd rowers.
              boyd. Chrichton. Butcher. Liu. Radley. Maubs
              Kinda think Maubs will be gone by then.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                If Cameron Smith can keep playing at 36 there is no reason why SBW can't keep playing at 34. He (SBW) is an extraordinarily fit athlete. May not have the impact as he did in 2013 but if we don't pay overs he could be good value.
                Well the difference is Cameron Smith has hardly missed a game through injury in the last 4 years, whereas SBW has spent more time off the field than on with injuries and that is whilst playing Union.

Comment

Fark yes!!!

Sonny Bill signs on the 30th of June for a cameo swan song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image him for 3 months!!!!

Fingers crossed!!

Comment

For 2020:

3. Latrell
                    4. Manu
                    6. SBW
                    7. Keary
                    11. Cordner
                    12. Crichton
                    13. Radley

That'll do, Pig.

Comment

ill bet he still has that killer offload imagine our fullback running off him!

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Curious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why not?
                        Even if we got him back for unders, surely it would have an impact on player retention. Guys coming through that will need upgrades etc that currently are either young fringe first graders or are performing well above what their current contracts are worth. Secondly , have you watched him in Union the last 18 mths ? ( yes , i admit it, i watch Rugby) He really has aged with his play. Is looking very slow and does drop off more tackles than ever. Is he still extremely skillful with that killer offload ? yes, but not as often, busts a lot less tackles and does push the pass more than ever. The big thing for me though is injuries, has had quite a few and always seems to be carrying something , maybe as you would expect at his age. As we know though Union is a LOT easier on the body than Rugby, Im not sure it would hold up in League. I also believe Cronk has a lot more to offer the club in a mentoring and coaching role heading forward than SBW. Just my opinion and i do love what SBW did.for us

Comment

Luke Lewis was brilliant in his final years for the Sharks... I could see SBW offering very similar value.

Sure he doesn't crack the starting squad at full strength but then how often is an NRL squad at full strength.

If I remember correctly we rotated through the following players in the second row this season;

Issac Liu
                          Boyd Cordner
                          Ryan Matterson
                          Victor Radley
                          Mitchell Aubusson
                          Nat Butcher

Comment

10-24-2018, 07:02 AM

Roosters to finish on 40 points and become 2019 Minor and Major Premiers
                            Roosters win Womens Rugby League
                            Smash Souths in Round 1
                            Rumours arise that SBW will sign before June 30th deadline
                            During season Roosters sign big name for 2020

Eels win back to back spoons narrowly from Tigers
                            Sutton sacked as referee boss
                            Phil Gould has a face lift for channel 9 and dyes his hair
                            Ray Warren retires
                            Cam Smith retires
                            Bennet and Maloney BBQ alone

Clive Churchill - L Mitchell

Top eight
                            Roosters
                            Penrith
                            Raiders
                            Broncos
                            Storm
                            Cowboys
                            Dragons
                            Souths
                            My old prediction might come true, was pretty close with Sutton (Archer got sacked)

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                              SBW has basically confirmed he is returning to Sydney at the end of his Rugby Union commitments next year, also confirmed he has a handshake deal with Uncle Nick if he returns to RL it will be with the Roosters.

While he would be great for the club culture post Cronk, I'm not sure on the field a 34y/o SBW would be the right move for us.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...a8aae23237d16a
                              I heard that Fitzy and Mini are gonna return too.

In all seriousness though, 34 isn't that old (I felt fitter, smarter, more patient and way more stable minded when I hit 34 - it's a good age to be for a professional). Also SBW keeps fit, is a technical player and doesn't drink so if he wanted to play I'm sure he'd add value.

Zero chance it would happen though...

Comment

Working...
                              X