Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Match Thread - Grand Final Edition - Sydney Roosters vs Melbourne Storm

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    Our team needs to be mind-ready for a fight...against the grapple/chicken-wing/wrestling/etc kings.
    Every game they lie all over our players, flop on them, strip the ball 2/3/4 in a tackle...and stand well offside all game.
    And are just allowed to!

If they attack our kickers etc like thugs...we need to do something about it...or just meekly lose.

With fair refereeing...as always we have a chance.
    It frustrates me to no end that the commentators never say anything about their tactics during the game.

Comment

Does anyone on here with real insider knowledge have any idea on the true extent of Cronk's injury?

I know a couple of you knew in advance that Momiovski would be playing last week, and so I was wondering if again you were in the know considering Coops?

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post

My worry without Cronk will be our clearing kicks. No one can kick 50-60 metres clerking kicks like Cronk. Keary has a shorter kick and Osullivan I don’t think is that great. The Storm will try and pin us down in our quarter and we will need a big kicking game to assist our forwards.
        This is where we should be using Latrell as he has a big boot and as a bonus is a lefty which opens up the other side of the field. Smith is great at putting pressure on kickers and I fear he will be all over Keary all night.

Comment

The Cronk situation has really rocked my confidence.
          With a fully fit halfback my only concern was the game managers running with the nrls sickening agenda.

Easts 26 melbourne scum 12

Blind optomism...........................

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
            Does anyone on here with real insider knowledge have any idea on the true extent of Cronk's injury?

I know a couple of you knew in advance that Momiovski would be playing last week, and so I was wondering if again you were in the know considering Coops?
            As much as I would also love to know, I don't mind if we keep that info off these pages. I'm happy that it's kept in house. The walls have ears ….

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

The club are being extremely secretive about Cronk. Couple of my contacts have been given absolutely nothing.

Comment

Fox leagues finest have all tipped the storm.Talk about underdogs i love it ,i reckon boys are ready for this one big time,This win is going to be very sweet.

Comment

My gut tells me that we have got this one. Similar to a Rocky Vs Creed scenario. Maybe there is a bit of finesse missing aka Mini, Jennings, SBW etc... But the hunger and desire may be even stronger this week than in 2013. We have the power to put the drizzle's lights out.

Comment

We have been following this team a long time and been listening to Robbo and the boys preach defence and winning on a weekly basis,whereas the so called experts haven’t hence why they are all backing the obvious..

But we know the team we have,the attacking brilliance,the tough no nonsense defence and the Coach with the game plan to unravel the Storm.

We will win!

Comment

Originally posted by chicka View Post
                      My gut tells me that we have got this one. Similar to a Rocky Vs Creed scenario. Maybe there is a bit of finesse missing aka Mini, Jennings, SBW etc... But the hunger and desire may be even stronger this week than in 2013. We have the power to put the drizzle's lights out.
                      you know rocky II and all of them were just made up stories yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

This is where we should be using Latrell as he has a big boot and as a bonus is a lefty which opens up the other side of the field. Smith is great at putting pressure on kickers and I fear he will be all over Keary all night.
                        Agree using Latrell for long kicks but seriously doubt his finesse. His boot is that big i would worry about 7 tackle sets - let him kick only in our own 30 or towering bombs. Even 70m out he could put it dead.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

you know rocky II and all of them were just made up stories yeah?
                          Yeah, lol.....but the storm are a bit like creed. The bloated, showboating, untouchables of the league! Themselves and their cronies think they turn up on Sunday and win. Not on our watch, they don't. Wait and see!

Comment

Originally posted by chicka View Post

Yeah, lol.....but the storm are a bit like creed. The bloated, showboating, untouchables of the league! Themselves and their cronies think they turn up on Sunday and win. Not on our watch, they don't. Wait and see!
                            but Creed became a good guy - that wont happen with the rule bending, judiciary dodging, salary cap cheating lowlifes that are the storm. Cam Smith the worst of the lot - ill never forget him arguing the penalty when McKinnon broke his neck. But somehow - because he is a once in a generation player this all gets overlooked - he's got the whole world fooled. Karma anyone!

Comment

Andrew Johns said Melbourne are the hottest favourites over the last 20 years,and Cronk is no chance of playing..

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                                Andrew Johns said Melbourne are the hottest favourites over the last 20 years,and Cronk is no chance of playing..
                                Not surprising, we have been grossly looked out this week. In almost every respect we haven’t received much love. Ah well no pressure, let’s just get out there and show them what we’re capable of.

Comment

Working...
                                X